2012 Audi e-bike Wörthersee - Clip - Julien Dupont
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 16, 2012
Audi at the 2012 Wörthersee Tour
Three Audi Q3 themed cars
Audi e-bike Wörthersee: high-end sports equipment for stunts
16 production Audi models on 3,500 square meters of stand area
Audi is exhibiting concept vehicles for lifestyle, action and sport on the Wörthersee Tour. Three powerful versions provide new accents in the Q3 model family, and with its e-bike Wörthersee prototype Audi defines a technical bike concept that explores the limits of technical feasibility on the basis of Audi's core competences "design", "ultra", "connect" and "e-tron". This grand meeting of Audi, VW, Seat and Skoda fans is being held for the 31st time from May 16 to 19 in Reifnitz, on the Wörthersee in Carinthia, Austria.
One of the highlights on the Audi stand is the bicycle technology concept known as the Audi e-bike Wörthersee -- a sport bike that does not fit into any of the usual categories. It is neither a pedelec nor a conventional bike, but is best described as a high-end pedelec made by Audi for sport, fun and tricks. The Audi e-bike Wörthersee combines the Audi brand's principal competences -- design, ultra, connect and e-tron -- and explores the limits of what is technically feasible in terms of design, lightweight construction, networking and electric mobility.
This show bike is futuristic at the very first glance -- a bike for tomorrow and beyond. All its components, even the pedals, have been shaped by Audi's designers, for instance the 26-inch wheels made from CFRP that weigh only 600 grams (1.32 lb) each and have innovative large-area blade-pattern spokes.
The Audi e-bike Wörthersee's ultra-light carbon-fiber frame weighs only 1,600 grams (3.53 lb). It makes use of bionic principles derived from nature. Material reinforcements are needed only at the points where loads actually occur. The swinging arm for the rear wheel is also made of CFRP. All in all, the Audi e-bike Wörthersee represents the full extent of the brand's expertise in ultra-lightweight design.
The rear wheel is driven by a chain. The electric motor is a permanent magnet synchronous machine; it is located at the lowest point on the frame and drives the bottom bracket shaft directly. Maximum torque at the rear wheel is in the region of 250 Nm (184.39 lb-ft). Peak output from the electric motor is 2.3 kW -- a new top value on the e-bike scene. The complete bicycle weighs only 21 kg (46.30 lb), equivalent to a power-weight ratio of 9 kg (19.84 lb) per kilowatt, or 7 kg (15.43 lb) per horsepower -- another record-breaking value.
The lithium-ion battery is housed in the frame; it weighs about 5 kg (11.02 lb) and operates at a voltage of 48 V. Its capacity is 530 Wh and it can be fully recharged from a 230 V supply in two and a half hours. As an alternative it can be easily detached from the bike and replaced by a recharged battery.
The rider of the Audi e-bike Wörthersee can choose between five programs; these either support use of the pedals or permit electric-only travel.
In the 'Pure' mode the rider only propels the bike by means of the pedals. In the 'Pedelec' mode the rider is assisted by the electric motor; a top speed of up to 80 km/h (50 mph) can be reached and the action radius is between 50 and 70 kilometers (31 and 44 miles). In the 'eGrip' program the Audi e-bike Wörthersee can be ridden with the electric motor providing all the necessary power; in this case at speeds up to 50 km/h (31 mph). The rider controls the power output from the electric motor at a twistgrip and can configure it at the on-board computer.
In 'Wheelie' mode the power flow is electronically controlled in order to assist the rider when the front wheel is in the air. Alternative operating modes are available, and can be selected by smartphone or directly at the e-bike: either 'Power Wheelie' with an adjustable wheelie angle for less skilled riders, or 'Balanced Wheelie' for those with more experience. In the latter mode the rider's balance is maintained electronically: as his or her weight is displaced forward or back, this is counteracted by either braking or accelerating the electric motor.
In this way the rider can influence the speed when riding on the rear wheel only by shifting his or her weight. Leaning forward speeds up the bike, leaning back slows it down. If the rider wants to use the pedals and maintain a constant power input, the training mode can be chosen. The electric motor then makes good the extra power needed when riding into the wind or up a hill, so that the rider's performance can be kept constant for training purposes.
Standard YouTube License
- 6:51 RYNO Motors Full Storyby RYNO MotorsFeatured 7,650,426
- 6:14 2012 smart ebikeby SupercarHall 26,965 views
- 1:33 2012 Audi e-gas project - Animationby SupercarHall 2,559 views
- 1:28 2012 Audi e-fuels - Animationby SupercarHall 285 views
- 2:25 2012 Audi at Lake Wörtherseeby SupercarHall 849 views
- 1:08 VOLKSWAGEN ELECTRIC BICYCLEby mahdialavi 300,695 views
- 13:15 stealth electric bikeby germangultramotor 724,596 views
- 23:41 Rat Rod vs Lamborghini Aventador! Roadkill Episode 5by MotorTrend 22,402,192 views
- 15:00 stealth electric bikeby germangultramotor 373,735 views
- 5:52 The Ultimate DIY Electric Bike - 50+MPHby greasypants 525,926 views
- 5:04 JULIEN DUPONT - ARTHUR COUTARD - al NATURALE.mp4by motoclubileoni 2,336,922 views
- 5:03 Amsterdam - Illegal Motrobike Freestyle - highest bridge ever ride - RTW S1by priscadupontandco 260,920 views
- 4:19 Julien Dupont - TRIAL FREESTYLE CUTS - Compilation -by priscadupontandco 184,721 views
- 4:09 [HD:720p] New!! Audi E-BIKEby rubiks15 128,566 views
- 2:05 50 MPH 8000W AWD Electric Offroad Mountain Bike First Driveby Hi Power Cycles 1,621,413 views
- 4:38 3 year old driving a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6 with 320hpby Vanmaarenautos 2,168,016 views
- 4:45 Electric Mountain Bike High Torque, High Speed 2500W XC-1 Lithium Electric Bike 40 MPH!by Hi Power Cycles 385,487 views
- 3:45 Southern Worthersee 2011by XCNuse 198,268 views
- audiwoerthersee 136 videos71
- 5:56 Julien Dupont rides Rioby Wes Siler 18,405 views
- 2:53 Audi E-Bike - Hautnah bei der Audi Erlebniswelt im Flughafen Münchenby Panatechnics 3,786 views
- Loading more suggestions...