Uploaded on Feb 23, 2009
Yes, it's her. Please read this, because the same questions get asked over and over and the answers are all in here.
Here's the high-quality version of my 2006 video for "February Air." This promo video was done for only $500 with only two hours with Lights because she was getting on a plane that afternoon. It was meant for use only as a 30-second promotional clip for a Sony campaign (that's why nothing much happens in it), but I had the footage, so I extended it out to the length of the song.
The video was shot at the beginning of September, so it was actually not cold at all, but quite warm. The winter coat is a prop and I added the snow that starts about halfway through in post-production (though you can't see it as well in the lower-quality setting).
Everyone keeps asking the same questions over and over and over, so here are the answers to the common ones:
• Yes, it's really her.
• The video was shot in Toronto in September of 2006. The video was shot on this rooftop, if anyone is THAT interested: http://tinyurl.com/ysucc8
• Old Navy picked up this song and some of her others for their 2008 spring campaign.
• She was born Valerie Poxleitner, but she now goes by Lights.
• Yes, she's a blast to work with and a fantastic person and talented artist.
• Her YouTube vlogs are the real deal—that's exactly what she's like IRL.
• Her MySpace is http://www.myspace.com/lightsnoise
• A 6-song EP is finally available on iTunes in Canada, and a 4-song one on iTunes in the U.S.
• Yes, I shot the video.
• Yes, her hair is long now.
• Yes, I realize that nothing much happens in the video.
• She's signed to Underground Operations in Canada (http://www.undergroundoperations.com/ )
• The Old Navy spots are at http://www.oldnavy.com/next/
• The dark clouds in the video are real.
• The "snakebites" that commenters mention are the piercings in her lip (I don't think she has these anymore).
• It's not the official video for this song. It's a promo video from when she was an unsigned artist.
Standard YouTube License