Unearthing Our Fore-bearers by the Choreographer and Director Meredith Nadler
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 27, 2011
Video trailer of the Performance of the dance research and performance project by Meredith Nadler, "Unearthing Our Fore-bearers".
This is a Contemporary Dance piece and site specific work for the Neue Synagoge zu Berlin. www.cjudaicum.de
This performance was made possible by a grant from the European Association for Jewish Culture and the Stiftung Zurückgeben.
Choreography and direction by Meredith Nadler.
Performed by and created with: Nikos Fragkou, Clara Rodriguez Garcia-Munoz, Gesa Piper, Meredith Bove, Jung in Lee, Asayo Hisai, Anna Asplind, Evangelia Vasdari and Jun Takahashi.
Cello Music: Jean Van den Doorn.
Musical Arrangement: Michael Northam.
Video and Editing Tobias Semmelmann.
Photography: Rachman Blake and Lilianna Polyanska.
Assistants: Gesa Piper and Anna Weissenfels.
Dramaturgy advice: Ariadna del Carmen.
Costumes: Keren Korman. Asst: Kenan Gün.
Lighting Design: Rebecca Bohle.
Producer: Valerie Rubenstein.
About Unearthing Our Fore-bearers Dance Research and Performance Project:
Meredith Nadler is a researcher and choreographer whose work has been funded and supported by the Supported by the Stiftung Zurückgeben Foundation, the European Association for Jewish Culture, Sarah Kuznicki and Hermann Simon of the Stiftung Neue Synagoge, Centrum Judaicum Berlin, Barbara Friedrich and the Ufer studios, Maja Zehden and Lala Susskind of the Jüddishe Gemeinde of Berlin and Dr Irene Runge.
Her current project is "Unearthing Our Fore-bearers", and it is a performance and workshop project which deals with the reconstruction of memories of the fore-bearers, or ancestors of our collective past.
Over the past 2 years she has been working with Holocaust and WWII forced labor survivors and their grandchildren and relatives in Israel, the US and Germany in creating a movement-based methodology for recovering and examining memories through research workshops. Her work is greatly indebted to the Israeli movement therapy pioneer, Netta Amir and the German author, eyewitness and survivor Vera Friedländer.
Stiftung Neue Synagoge -- Centrum Judaicum www.cjudaicum.de
Oranienburger str. 28/30 10117 Berlin.
For more info contact: email@example.com
Standard YouTube License
- 14:59 Youth Theatre Performance Holocaust Memorial Day 2013 Lighthouse Pooleby Carl Woodward292 views
- 5:48 "Unearthing Our Fore-bearers" a dance research project performanceby ruomi869 views
- 8:05 Jabbawockeez Performance 2013 HipHop Battle America.by Gufran YM5,061,962 views
- 6:32 underwater solo I, Meredith Nadlerby Meredith Nadler1,411 views
- 14:59 Avrupa Yakasi 18.bölüm 2.kisim [www.HDiziler.com]by HDizileravrupayakasi7,040 views
- 8:38 REWIND REMIND FORWARD di Franca Ferrariby Franca Ferrari2,839 views
- 9:48 DECOMPOSIÇÃO#2 -- Uferstudios Berlin 2011by ProjTransparencias344 views
- 5:09 Holocaust Memorial Project - Group 2by ForerunnerRecords315 views
- 5:12 warehouse by Meredith Nadlerby Meredith Nadler459 views
- 15:28 Dialoge zur Kunst: Ion von Platonby judithvonradetzky487 views
- 4:12 Sexy Twerk Choreography 2013by Terence Moya699,736 views
- 9:37 Scottish Dance Theatreby YourLifeVideos8,301 views
- 7:35 Time Withers (A dance short film)by DanceShortFilms3,103 views
- 4:17 Christina Cuipke Nik Haffner: kannst du mich umdrehenby Manfred Gottert696 views
- 3:51 Tanztheater Homunculus - Glückliche Tageby langeau600 views
- 9:14 Unearthed Moments (excerpt)by TreelineDW431 views
- 4:35 Michael Northam - excerpt from the Solar Night album on Mirror Tapesby mirrortapes1,271 views
- 3:00 How To Earn 1000 Euro in One Night As A DJ: 90 Days To Becoming A Berlin DJ (Episode 5)by Hack the System with Maneesh Sethi4,441 views
- 7:16 Amazing Street Dancer On America's Got Talent! (Homeless) Turf / Retroby JiMmY sAidz22,711,354 views
- 5:15 `Rose can`t wait` choreography by Ronit Ziv.by Ronit Ziv8,500 views