Burning Down The House: What Caused Our Economic Crisis?
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 26, 2008
Who's behind the meltdown? Not McCain.
This video was not made by me. All credit goes to TheMouthPiece. Replaced soundtrack with piano because original pulled down for WB song, it has Dodd saying that the root cause was just bad mortgages. Enjoy and spread the word.
The Affirmative Action Economic Meltdown
Hus on First Asian Week September 26, 2008
I thought Id never live to see my bank go bust. Wamu? Boo Hoo! Back in 1999, Fannie Mae first introduced rules for sub-prime loans to increase minority homeownership and boost profits. The government subsidized corporation was founded as part of the New Deal in 1938 before it was spun off in the 1960s. Once a monopoly, it still has about half the market of reselling mortgages backed with guarantees of payment. At the time, economists warned that relaxed lending rules might lead to a giant failure that would have to be bailed out by the government if the real estate market cooled like it did in the 1980s. 
As we all know, that just happened as Uncle Sam took Fannie Mae back. Talk about obscene executive pay, over $100 million was spent on the paychecks of just three Democrats. James Johnson, who was briefly on Obamas VP committee, earned $21 million in just one year of being CEO for 7 years. Obamas housing policy advisor Franklin Raines earned $90 million in his five years as CEO, and Jamie Gorelick earned $26 million as vice chairman, even as Raines and other top executives were caught using accounting tricks to trigger massive bonuses and understate their pay.
It was left wing meddling inspired by affirmative action that led to politically correct credit decisions. As Ann Coulter put it, They gave your mortgage to a less qualified minority. The Clinton administration investigated Fannie Mae for discrimination. Ending redlining of minority neighborhoods became the new crusade, even if factors such as credit histories, job stability, loan-to-value ratios and income levels were completely different between communities. It was urged that half of Fannie Mae and Freddie Macs portfolio be made up of low / moderate income borrowers by 2001.
Discriminatory criteria such as credit history and down payment ability would become less important, as welfare and unemployment payments would be counted, and stated income allowed borrowers to make up their own income, whether it was backed up by a cash business or nothing but thin air. People were rewarded for signing up loans, not for making sure they would be repaid when they were resold. When G.W. Bush entered office, his economist warned that loans to under-qualified borrowers created a risk for the entire financial system. In 2003, Treasury Secretary John Snow proposed oversight with strict controls over risk and capital reserves.
When Senator John McCain joined the fight for reform of corruption, the effort was stopped by Democrats such as Barney Frank who stated there was no financial crisis at Fannie Mae / Freddie Mac, and such pressure would reduce affordable housing. As McCain observed that Obama collected the 2nd highest amount of Fannie and Freddie contributions in his short career, Senator Obama may be taking their advice and he may be taking their money but I want to tell you in a McCain/Palin administration, there will be no seat for these people at the policy making table.
Whatever the proper role government has in cleaning up this mess, one thing must be clear. A diverse nation cannot commit to spend whatever it takes to put everybody in a solar house and hybrid car, all-you-can-eat medical coverage, college, preschool, and high test scores for all. Yet this is precisely what Obama promised to do at the debate. Only John McCain committed to fight to control spending which threatens the entire American economy with imploding so badly that no one will be able to will bail out Uncle Sam.
Honors for this video (1)
#86 - Top Rated (This Week) - News & Politics
Sites linking to this video (5)
(This functionality has been disabled by the owner of this video.)
Hide linking sites Show linking sites
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Symphony 40" on
Mozart Music Box
- 10:57 Couric vs. Coulterby filthyngorgeousFeatured 1,240,473
- 2:49 A letter to the Editorby johnorigen 1,094,711 views
- 2:45 O'Reilly Erupts at Right-Wing Radio Liars and Barney Frank!by johnny dollar 344,219 views
- 10:52 Burning Down The House: What Caused Our Economic Crisis? Bombshellby TheMouthPeace 2,173,743 views
- 8:29 How The Democrats Caused The Financial Crisis: Starring Bill Clinton's HUD Secretary Andrew Cuomo And Barack Obama; With Special Guest Appearances By Bill Clinton And Jimmy Carterby harvardlawgrad 116,197 views
- 8:18 Chris Rock - Funny Racist jokesby Ashby MusicZone 58,531 views
- 100 videos Play all Talking Heads 1by louiseduvee
- 9:55 How Obama Got Elected... Interviews With Obama Votersby John Ziegler 2,800,490 views
- 3:22 Talking Heads "Burning Down the House"by BVMTValternative 6,581,490 views
- 1:53:40 The Obama Deception HQ Full length versionby ChangeDaChannel 13,004,023 views
- 3:33 Democrats were WARNED of Financial crisis and did NOTHINGby Sillberdachs 105,764 views
- 1:39 Ann Coulter Ripped at UofM Graduationby ChicagoPhd2b 553,985 views
- 10:52 Obama Citizenship: I Invented The Internet (Ep. 6: October Surprise)by illuminatitv 4,799,381 views
- 4:09 Understanding The Financial Crisis--For Kids and Grownupsby SayItVisually 324,961 views
- 4:00 Timeline shows Bush, McCain warning Dems of financial and housing crisis; meltdownby ProudToBeCanadian 6,343,797 views
- 11:00 House Of Lies: How Congress Failed To Protect Our Economy. Obama Bombshellby TheMouthPeace 186,565 views
- 4:03 Jon Stewart Rips McCain For Syrian Photo Op: 'Oh My God, Literally Palling Around With Terrorists!'by PrankMasterKing 11,849 views
- 7:18 Bill O'Reilly flips out on Barney Frank - BANKING CRISIS mad screaming matchby XtremeRealityCheck 130,035 views
- 4:06 Talking Heads - Burning Down the House (Live on Letterman '83)by gurto 90,936 views
- 1:49 How Millions of American Will Lose Their Homesby armcrash 90,825 views
- 7:35 Ann Coulter on UK BBC Newsnight interview with Jeremy Paxmanby Brian London 649,005 views
- Loading more suggestions...