Freddy Kempf - Chopin, Etude Op.10 No. 12
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 22, 2008
Freddy Kempf is an English pianist, born in 1977 in London to a German father and a Japanese mother. Having resided in London for many years and studying at the Royal Academy of Music, he now lives in Berlin.
Taking up the piano at the age of four, Kempf first caught the attention of British concertgoers four years later when he played Mozart's Piano Concerto No. 12, K. 414, with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra at the Royal Festival Hall. The child virtuoso was shortly invited to Germany to repeat his performance. In 1987, Kempf won the first National Mozart Competition in England and in 1992, was named BBC Young Musician of the Year for his performance of Rachmaninoff's Paganini Rhapsody.
In a controversial turn of events, Kempf's early adult career ironically benefited from his failure to win the 1998 International Tchaikovsky Competition in Moscow, where the first prize in the piano section went instead to Denis Matsuev. Apparently, some judges had wanted to award the first prize jointly to Matsuev and Kempf and had successfully negotiated with the Russian Culture Ministry for the additional funding. However, Kempf collected only third prize in the end, which provoked a barrage of indignant protests from the audience and the Russian press, who accused some of the judges of bias (especially towards contestants who also happened to be their former pupils).
In April 1999, Kempf returned to Moscow with a series of television broadcasts and sold-out concerts. Kempf's popularity has been compared with that garnered by American pianist Van Cliburn who, in a different result in 1958, had won the inaugural Competition.
Kempf has continued to perform solo, chamber, and concertante music in Europe, the Americas, East Asia, and Australia, and has recorded recital discs of Bach, Beethoven, Chopin, Liszt, Prokofiev, Rachmaninoff, and Schumann. He was voted Best Young British Classical Performer in the Classical BRIT Awards in 2001.
Standard YouTube License
- 43 videos Play all YouTube Mix - Freddy Kempf - Chopin, Etude Op.10 No. 12
- 1:11:35 Yundi Li - 14th International Chopin Competition (2000)by thepolonaise Featured 2,367,331
- 5:28 岡本 玲TEPPENby core2foce195,207 views
- 5:47 Boris Berezovsky — Chopin Revolution Etude (plus Godowsky version)by LastedWave182,849 views
- 2:46 Evgeny Kissin - Chopin Étude No 12 in C minor, Op 10 'Revolutionary'by PhilipCaruso02141,462 views
- 10:21 Some of the Most Beautiful Pieces For Pianoby 0OoFACUoO01,150,095 views
- 42 videos Play all Этюды Шопенby tanyaturova
- 40:02 Chopin Piano Concerto No. 1 Op.11 Evgeny Kissinby xelarutra140,442 views
- 2:04:55 TWO HOURS of Chopin for Baby - Bedtime music - Lullaby - Baby classical musicby Baby Relax Channel568,550 views
- 5:25 Freddy Kempf plays Beethoven's Pathetique Sonata in C Minor, 2nd Movementby MusicClassical139,085 views
- 5:48 120107 TEPPEN 松井咲子 ピアノ time goes byby syunsuke210429,927 views
- 4:34 Chopin - Valentina Igoshina - Fantasie Impromptuby 139steven5,056,436 views
- 10:10 Chopin Revolutionary Etude - Tutorial - Paul Barton, pianoby Paul Barton66,588 views
- 2:44 Evgeny Kissin - Chopin Revolutionary Etude op 10 no 12by Citizen92Erased71,799 views
- 10:46 From "The Pianist": Chopin Ballade no. 1 op. 23 in G minor (Michiel Roosen)by michielroosen925,602 views
- 7:41 Chopin - No.12 Etude, Op.10 (Cecile Licad, 2002) + Encore 1by tiklado0736,354 views
- 3:10 Nobuyuki Tsujii 辻井伸行 Chopin Revolutionary Etude,2009 Tokyo Opera Cityby Yoshi S.328,871 views
- 10:00 Freddy Kempf talks to Ben MacDougallby Andy Smith5,736 views
- 4:54 Brahms - Michelangeli, Ballade Op.10 No. 1 in D minorby Stravinskij085,317 views
- 10:11 Horowitz plays Chopin Ballade 1by Sissco4,175,779 views
- 5:24 Freddy Kempf on Chopin and the 'Kemble Chopin Piano E-Competition'by kemblepianos8,660 views