2012 HDTV Shootout Official Trailer
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 5, 2012
SCARSDALE, NY (May 1, 2012) -- ValueElectronics.com Inc, the leading independent flat panel retailer in Westchester County, NY, has contracted with a charter member of the Image Science Foundation (ISF) and other well respected video engineers to evaluate the newest flagship flat panel HDTVs from the five leading manufacturers on Saturday, May 19th at 5:00 PM and Sunday, May 20th at 1:00 PM. The eighth annual event, held as always at Value Electronics' retail location in Scarsdale, NY, will feature a shoot-out evaluation using Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers' (SMPTE) standards, the only accredited calibration standards set by the consumer electronics industry.
For the shoot-out evaluation the televisions featured are all 55" -- 65" high-end LEDs and plasmas from Panasonic, Samsung, LG, and the new Elite. The events will be streamed live in HD over the internet at www.livestream.com/hdtvshootout and made available at this YouTube Channel for future viewing. Consumers and media representatives are also invited to attend, however seating is limited to 35 per event and available on a first-come-first served basis by registering at www.valueelectronics.com.
Robert Zohn, founder and president of Value Electronics, commented: "Our Shoot-out has proven to be a 'must attend' event among true HD enthusiasts and industry leaders each year, featuring a demonstration of how flat screen HDTVs perform."
The 8th Annual Flat Panel Shoot-out will involve:
Kevin Miller of ISFTV and TweakTV, along with respected UK TV reviewer David Mackenzie, will join our team of expert calibrators, DeWayne Davis, aka D-Nice and Ed Johnson to calibrate the eight flat panels and provide their findings and other key background information in individual presentations. National trainers and product specialists from the manufacturers have been invited to present product features as well.
Contrast ratio, peak brightness, black level, color accuracy, color saturation, motion resolution and energy efficiency will be measured, compared, and discussed. The 3D performance of each set will be evaluated as well. The audience will vote on each of the four picture quality attributes, with the winning panel crowned "King of HDTV."
All tested panels will be concurrently fed through a professional HDMI distribution amp from the same Blu-ray player using the exact same HDMI cables for all panels. Furthermore, the a/c power will be a dedicated 20 amp circuit run through a power conditioner.
A Q&A session will be held at the end of each presentation.
"In addition to the tested panels, several manufacturers are expected to display and provide information about advanced products that will launch in the future, with image and audio that provides a true reference quality for the audiophile and videophile," Mr. Zohn added.
Shoot-out findings will be available within one week of the events for members of the press who contact ValueElectronics.
The public and press can register online to attend at www.valueelectronics.com.
Standard YouTube License
- 35:42 2012 HDTV Shootout - Contrast Ratioby HDTVShootout8,044 views
- 6:08 2012 HDTV Shootout - Closingby HDTVShootout2,940 views
- 20:58 2011 HDTV Shootout Day 2 - Q & Aby HDTVShootout2,183 views
- 18:01 2012 HDTV Shootout - Samsung PN64E8000 & UN60ES8000 Q&Aby HDTVShootout5,011 views
- 16:41 2012 HDTV Shootout - Elite PRO-60X5FD Presentationby HDTVShootout2,264 views
- 16:39 2012 HDTV Shootout - Dr Larry Weber Presentationby HDTVShootout12,718 views
- 13:49 2010 HDTV Shootout Part 1 - Openingby HDTVShootout5,276 views
- 16:33 2012 HDTV Shootout - Color Decodingby HDTVShootout1,753 views
- 12:56 2012 HDTV Shootout - Elite PRO-60X5FD Q&Aby HDTVShootout1,894 views
- 19:34 240Hz HDTVs: Better Picture or Marketing BS? HD Nationby Revision3124,271 views
- 11:07 2012 HDTV Shootout - Q & Aby HDTVShootout1,788 views
- 13:04 2012 HDTV Shootout - Panasonic TC-P65VT50 & TC-L47WT50 Presentationby HDTVShootout20,227 views
- 7:05 2012 HDTV Shootout - Openingby HDTVShootout12,050 views
- 2:15 2011 HDTV Shootout Day 2 - Robert Zohn Closing Commentsby HDTVShootout2,045 views
- 1:20 2012 HDTV Shootout Trailerby HDTVShootout3,538 views
- 6:30 2011 HDTV Shootout Day 2 - Addressing the Panasonic Europe Green Blob Issueby HDTVShootout2,882 views
- 5:35 Plasma Vs. LCD Televisions From A Technology Standpointby Brandon Wirtz76,508 views
- 4:08 2013 HDTV Shootout - Final Resultsby HDTVShootout8,095 views
- 13:13 EASY MOST COMMON TV REPAIR EVER!!!by Tampatec344,570 views
- 13:58 How to Repair a PANASONIC Plasma TV with Blinking LED TH-42PZ77U TH-42PZ700Uby Gavin Curtis135,860 views
- Loading more suggestions...