Beijing Crackdown Tianamen Square Haunts Olympic Games
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 27, 2008
BEIJING (AP) — On the 19th anniversary of Tiananmen Square massacre human rights groups are Tuesday calling on China to release dozens of prisoners remain imprisoned for taking part in the 1989 pro-democracy protests centered in Tiananmen Square
Her opinion may hurt, but Sharon Stone raised millions dollar fund to save more life than you know including for Chinese earthquake, Burma Cyclone and other causes.
Nations express outrage over Aung San Suu Kyi's detention, the rightful elected Burma's president, excepts China Communist has supported Burma's dictator regime in power.
During a red-carpet interview at the Cannes Film Festival Thursday, Stone said she'd been torn about what to do for the victims of the earthquake in China, whose staggering death toll has been steadily climbing and could surpass 80,000, because she doesn't agree with the country's policies.
"I'm not happy about the way that the Chinese are treating the Tibetans because I don't think anyone should be unkind to anyone else," she told reporters at Cannes. "And so I have been very concerned about how to think and what to do because I don't like that."
She said she's also been wondering how the United States should handle the Olympics because China is "not being nice to the Dalai Lama, who's a good friend of mine."
When the earthquake hit, Stone wondered if it was a case of what goes around, comes around.
"Then all this earthquake and all this stuff happened, and I thought, is that karma? When you're not nice, that the bad things happen to you?" said the 50-year-old star.
But the "Basic Instinct" actress had a change of heart when she got a letter from the Tibetan Foundation saying the organization wanted to be helpful to the quake victims. Stone was humbled.
"That made me cry," she said. "Sometimes you have to learn to put your head down and be of service, even to people who aren't nice to you. That's a big lesson for me."
Standard YouTube License
- 2:14:53 Grand Masti Full Movie 720p (2013) [English Subtitle]by BestHarlemShakesTV122,277 views
- 1:59:56 Sliver Sharon Stone 2013 (17+) Full Movieby Abdel proboy3,414 views
- 1:43:29 Thick As Thieves (2009) full movie HDby Brandon Donovan996,963 views
- 4:42 Chinese Cinema to Ban Sharon Stone after quake commentsby wjr1ftkt158,044 views
- 6:43 Chinese govt advise gold buying - why? What is their plan?by flaskofcoffee139,705 views
- 9:02 Tibet: The Truth (A Political History)by Chris Nebe466,824 views
- 4:31 Say NO to Beijing Games Boycott & Anti-Chinese propagandaby laiyafrance61,879 views
- 34 videos Play all SHARON STONEby Misterbillyb
- 9:57 Barbara Walters Interviews Sharon Stone 1993 Pt 1 Of 2by mermaaid8621,766 views
- 5:19 MADONNA / SHARON STONE A CANNESby CLAPTV37,813 views
- 3:58 Sharon Stone honoured at Marrakech film festival - cinemaby euronews (in English)6,082 views
- 4:28 Full version of Sharon Stone's "earthquake karma" interviewby ytytyt00121,602 views
- 3:45 Basic instincts Daniela Blumeby overdek3,019,722 views
- 5:36 China earthquake response, faster than US Katrina response!by wimmeke7526,246 views
- 3:11 Message to Sharon Stoneby theoriginalSkooby12,624 views
- 7:10 Sharon Stone say sorry to people died in earthquake!part 2by bikai1238,495 views
- 1:33:27 Blood And Bone Full Movieby CallMeJazzious3,846,039 views
- 3:44 Stone's comment on Earthquake: China Kills, Tortures Tibetanby mayyoubekind7,540 views
- 1:37:30 Sliver (1993) - lektor PLby westp19901,446,893 views
- 4:23 Sharon Stone's cold blooded speech about China Sichuan earthquakeby coffeelattemilk1,449,313 views