20,000 Protestors To Occupy Wall St.
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 2, 2011
Check out Bas Rutten's Liver Shot on MMA Surge: http://bit.ly/MMASurgeEp1
The Huffington Post and Buzzfeed reports a group of activists plans to bring 20,000 people to occupy Wall Street for months. In a statement spotted by Buzzfeed, Occupy Wall Street explains:
On the 17th of September, we want to see 20,000 people to flood into lower Manhattan, set up tents, kitchens, peaceful barricades and occupy Wall Street for a few months. Once there, we shall incessantly repeat one simple demand in a plurality of voices and we will not leave until that demand has been met.
A YouTube video suggests the hacker group Anonymous will join the rally. The strategy behind the protest is to "use the revolutionary Arab Spring tactic of mass occupation to restore democracy in America," Occupy Wall Street explains. The Occupy Wall Street movement will demand an end to "the influence money has over our representatives in Washington." The organizers state:"The time has come to deploy this emerging stratagem against the greatest corrupter of our democracy: Wall Street, the financial Gomorrah of America". By attempting this occupation, the organizers hope to strengthen and amplify their message to D.C. that politicians must begin addressing the problem of special interests' influence on government.
How successful will this effort be? Things could get sticky. An occupation of the Street has never been attempted before. Wall Street has a strong security presence, especially after September 11th, 2001. And it's not clear, with heavy NYPD interference quite likely, just how many people will end up staying past the weekend. The true test of this movement, then, will be its commitment to persistence, and also how much media attention it receives. So what do you think? Is America ready for a social revolution? Leave a comment below and let us know.
Standard YouTube License
Next in Mahalo News
- 9:20 Triumph The Insult Comic @ Occupy Wall Streetby Team Coco Featured 1,072,000
- 1:42 Texas Ends Last Meal Requestsby mahalodotcom31,812 views
- 3:43 The Women on the 6th Floorby mahalodotcom8,630 views
- 1:20 9-11 Coloring Book Sparks Controversyby mahalodotcom2,524 views
- 1:04 Social Media Platforms Besides Facebook and Twitter with Simon Mainwaringby mahalodotcom2,742 views
- 10:24 NYPD Turns Violent at Occupy Wall St (2of3)by Cop Block73,642 views
- 2:16 'Occupy Wall Street' Protests Turn violent' - ABC Newsby PlanetEarthAwakens01249,190 views
- 13:55 What Are We Capable Of - THIS IS ANONYMOUS!by anonopss725,612 views
- 4:48 CNN Wants This Video Banned SEE WHYby Jhukagain1,814,979 views
- 1:48:29 Peter Schiff educates misguided people at occupy wall street.by us chronicle34,042 views
- 1:48:29 Peter Schiff at Occupy Wall Street: Full Version, Almost 2 Hours Long!by ReasonTV154,410 views
- 20:10 Anonymous - Hackers World [HD]by Youcef Aufpassen2,393,474 views
- 6:46 Occupy Wall Street: Just the Beginning?by TheAlyonaShow51,893 views
- 6:18 Occupy Wall Street protests spread all over US despite police brutality & corporate media blackoutby ProtectSouthOssetia38,320 views
- 3:01 Protest in Kiev erupts in violence as police clash with demonstratorsby euronews (in English)16,138 views
- 43:23 Wall Street Billionaire Traders Lifestyleby forexreviewsnow74,230 views
- 4:49 Keep Wall Street Occupied (Part 1)by ransackedroom695,365 views
- 25:04 Wall Street Warriors Season 1 Episode 1by freepokercash4you156,270 views
- 6:33 Occupy Wall Street Protest Enters Second Week; 80 Arrested at Peaceful Marchby democracynow58,472 views