Richard Dawkins: One Fact to Refute Creationism
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 30, 2009
Complete video at: http://fora.tv/2009/10/07/Richard_Daw...
Biologist Richard Dawkins identifies what he views is the single most compelling fact to refute Creationism -- but states that the real problem lies in convincing Creationists to listen to the evidence. "What they do is simply stick their fingers in their ears and say 'La la la,'" says Dawkins. "You cannot argue with a mind like that."
Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion created a storm of controversy over the question of God's existence. Now, in The Greatest Show on Earth, Dawkins presents a stunning counterattack against advocates of "Intelligent Design" that explains the evidence for evolution while keeping an eye trained on the absurdities of the creationist argument.
More than an argument of his own, it's a thrilling tour into our distant past and into the interstices of life on earth. Taking us through the case for evolution step-by-step, Dawkins looks at DNA, selective breeding, anatomical similarities, molecular family trees, geography, time, fossils, vestiges and imperfections, human evolution, and the formula for a strong scientific theory.
Dawkins' trademark wit and ferocity is joined by an infectious passion for the beauty and strangeness of the natural world, proving along the way that the mechanisms of the natural world are more miraculous -- a "greater show" -- than any creation story generated by any religion on earth. - Berkeley Arts and Letters
Richard Dawkins is a world-renowned evolutionary biologist and author. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society and, until recently, held the Charles Simonyi Chair of Public Understanding of Science at Oxford University. His first book, The Selfish Gene, was an instant international bestseller, and has become an established classic work of modern evolutionary biology.
He is also the author of The Blind Watchmaker, River Out of Eden, Climbing Mount Improbable, Unweaving the Rainbow, A Devil's Chaplain, The Ancestor's Tale The God Delusion, and most recently, The Greatsest Show on Earth.
Professor Dawkins's awards have included the Silver Medal of the Zoological Society of London (1989), the Royal Society's Michael Faraday Award (1990), the Nakayama Prize for Achievement in Human Science (1990), The International Cosmos Prize (1997) and the Kistler Prize (2001).
He has Honorary Doctorates in both literature and science, and is a Fellow of the Royal Society.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:43 Why Richard Dawkins Doesn't Debate Creationistsby ForaTvFeatured 721,123
- 4:14 Dawkins: Did Religion Have an Evolutionary Value?by ForaTv 55,495 views
- 4:07 Richard Dawkins - Applying Darwinian Evolution to Physicsby ForaTv 71,638 views
- 4:36 Do Scientists Have a Sense of Humor? - Brian Malowby ForaTv 78,545 views
- 4:11 Brutal 4 Minutes for All of Religion - Christopher Hitchens vs. Your Deityby John Hembd 642,299 views
- 0:44 The Best Richard Dawkins Moment Ever!!!by ZachValkyrie 1,428,877 views
- 11:10 Penn And Teller BS Christopher Hitchens on Mother Teresaby ChristopherHitchslap 229,502 views
- 1:55:04 100 Reasons Why Evolution is So Stupidby Rod Sparks 620,077 views
- 4:18 Richard Dawkins versus Young Earth Creationist Politicianby nonameisacat 1,088,738 views
- 0:38 Funny reaction from a Creationist towards an Atheist's logicby mb7hl 435,497 views
- 1:51 Born Again Christian Stephen Baldwin vs Atheist Richard Dawkinsby badreligionuk 1,133,108 views
- 17 videos Play all Foundational Falsehoods of Creationismby AronRa
- 1:42 WATCH OBAMA'S FACE FREEZE - 'ANTICHRIST SPIRIT' CONFRONTED!by faceintree 4,815,115 views
- 11:16 Sam Harris simply destroys catholicismby 71Plastico 825,195 views
- 9:53 Derren Brown Interview (1/6) - Richard Dawkinsby Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science 1,376,224 views
- 6:24 Richard Dawkins Finds Most Thinking People Are Atheistsby agiledesigner 77,772 views
- 10:43 John Cleese Despises Christianity.- Antitheist atheistby lowcoststart 1,100,542 views
- 5:43 Why Coincidences Are Meaningless - Richard Dawkinsby bigmanpigman420 133,864 views
- 10:44 Sam Harris Vs. Bill O'Rilleyby ChristopherHitchslap 344,471 views
- 8:09 Lets Test Them: Evolution vs. Creationismby DonExodus2 884,883 views
- 1:07 Jesse Ventura Deals With Ignorant The View Hostsby Keelan Balderson 868,287 views
- Loading more suggestions...