Julia Gillard did not 'knife' Kevin Rudd [He did it to himself].
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Feb 8, 2013
Whatever your political leanings, you do need to know that Julia Gillard did not 'knife' Kevin Rudd. He brought it on himself through his own narcissism.... "a generalized personality trait characterized by egotism, vanity, conceit, or selfishness."
Julia Gillard did not 'knife' Mr. Rudd ... she took decisive action to address a dysfunctional situation. She also had the good character and grace not to destroy Mr. Rudd by publicly discussing the details of his personal dysfunction. Kevin Rudd 'knifed' himself through his narcissism.
Finally Australian people are hearing the truth behind the removal of Rudd. He was out of control with everyone trying to hold government together.
"[Julia Gillard] knew what Rudd was like [she was the Deputy PM] . In mid-2010, I imagine, she saw him spinning out, saw the polls, saw an election approaching, believed that in this climate his capacity for chaos was likely to grow rather than diminish. This was not about ambition. Sure she might have wanted to be prime minister one day, but not under these circumstances, not with the consequences that were bound to follow. But in politics you don't get to pick your moment, it picks you. Hers came. She took it. What she and others failed to do was explain why. This was a task of almost unimaginable difficulty. She had been his deputy; she shared responsibility for the state of the government. I also imagine she did not want to add to Rudd's pain by stressing his flaws. And she would not be human had she not also felt some guilt. Nevertheless, the coup was an act of extreme political violence. It had to be explained in ideas and language that measured up to the act. She had to find words to tell Australians about the crisis Rudd had created - then send him to the backbench. http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/poli...
"The truth is, Rudd was impossible to work with. He regularly treated his staff, public servants and backbenchers with rudeness and contempt. He was vindictive, intervening to deny people appointments or pre-selections, often based on grudges that went back years. He made crushing demands on his staff, and when they laboured through the night to meet those demands, they received no thanks, and often the work was not used. People who dared stand up to him were put in "the freezer" and not consulted or spoken to for months. The prodigious loyalty of his staff to him was mostly not repaid. He put them down behind their backs. He seemed to feel that everyone was always letting him down. In meetings, as I saw, he could emanate a kind of icy rage that was as mysterious as it was disturbing."
Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/poli... "A SENIOR advisor to Kevin Rudd during his prime ministership has revealed he resigned in part because of the "utterly dysfunctional and chaotic" leadership.
John Mendoza, former chairman of the National Advisory Council on Mental Health, has spoken publicly for the first time about quitting the senior adviser role.
Mr Mendoza, citing the former prime minister as a key factor, said he and many others were led by Mr Rudd "up the garden path in terms of acting on mental health".
The Caloundra-based adjunct professor said the chaos of Mr Rudd's dysfunctional government had set the party on a road to self destruction under his leadership.
The dramatic resignation by Mr Mendoza as Mr Rudd's most senior mental health advisor - one week before Julia Gillard mounted a leadership coup in June 2010 - is seen by many as one of the nails in the coffin for the failed prime minister.
"This man is not fit for prime minister," Mr Mendoza said.
"Finally the Australian public is starting to get an insight into (his dysfunctional leadership).
"I'd say those in the government, especially all the senior ministers, have been extraordinarily loyal to Kevin Rudd not to disclose (his shortcomings) until this point."
After Mr Rudd was disposed of from the top job, Mr Mendoza, who has a long history of public service, said "those working to support the government agenda were very pleased to see a change of leader".
"The government had become utterly dysfunctional and chaotic - and something had to give," Mr Mendoza said.
"This was the pattern of behaviour, this consistent pattern of chaos was something I'd never experienced as a public servant, let alone at the head of a peak body," Mr Mendoza said.
Standard YouTube License
- 9:34 Prime Minister Julia Gillard did NOT stab Kevin Rudd?by Lavinia Projustice2,701 views
- 7:59 What Tony Abbott and the LNP stands for.by Lookfor WholeStory190 views
- 4:37 Gillard Attacked Bishopby getlucky12,685 views
- 1:09 Julia Gillard did not lie about Carbon Tax. Carbon Pricing and Carbon Cap are not taxes.by Lookfor WholeStory1,854 views
- 5:40 Kevin Rudd sworn in as Australia's 28th Prime Ministerby australianetworknews1,103 views
- 9:47 Julia Gillard extended interviewby WorldNewsAustralia9,312 views
- 7:10 Julian Assange grills Julia Gillard on live televisionby joycelowenstein455,581 views
- 68 videos Play all politicsby midguardz
- 3:10 JULIA GILLARDby fatarsemonkey244 views
- 2:58 Gillard, Hawke, Keating, Rudd, satire on Q and Aby Matthew Elvins8,211 views
- 8:05 Labor leadership spill - Kevin Rudd vs Julia Gillard - ABC 7.30 (23-2-2012)by Token Tokenism2,841 views
- 8:46 Australia Swears In "NEW" Prime Minister Kevin Ruddby MOXNEWSd0tC0M2,209 views
- 9:19 Part 2 Former Australian PM Gillardby L.N TİDİNGS342 views
- 5:36 Tony Abbott VS Julia Gillard. : The Australian Immaturityby wordswithmeaning48,703 views
- 12:23 GILLARD USED POLLING TO TRIGGER COUPby nomorejulia1,166 views
- 10:48 Anthony Ackroyd as Kevin Rudd - Real Timeby Terry Burgan1,075 views
- 3:35 Barry Humphries on Bentleigh, Julia Gillard and Bob Carrby thecomedyspot1119,650 views
- 1:53 Tony Abbott - picking arguments with 6 year olds, and putting Wyatt Roy in his placeby phonytonyabbott8,568 views
- 1:29 Labor Leadership Challenge From Kevin Rudd to Julia Gillardby Jason Active2,623 views
- 3:09 Julia Gillard did not lie about Carbon Tax (There is No Carbon Tax in Australia)by Lookfor WholeStory10,968 views