****WMD: Senate Intelligence Committee report
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 6, 2008
Washington, DC -- The Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, John D. (Jay) Rockefeller IV, and a bipartisan majority of the Committee (10-5), today unveiled the final two sections of its Phase II report on prewar intelligence. The first report details Administration prewar statements that, on numerous occasions, misrepresented the intelligence and the threat from Iraq. The second report details inappropriate, sensitive intelligence activities conducted by the DoD's Office of the Undersecretary of Defense for Policy, without the knowledge of the Intelligence Community or the State Department.
"Before taking the country to war, this Administration owed it to the American people to give them a 100 percent accurate picture of the threat we faced. Unfortunately, our Committee has concluded that the Administration made significant claims that were not supported by the intelligence," Rockefeller said. "In making the case for war, the Administration repeatedly presented intelligence as fact when in reality it was unsubstantiated, contradicted, or even non-existent. As a result, the American people were led to believe that the threat from Iraq was much greater than actually existed."
"It is my belief that the Bush Administration was fixated on Iraq, and used the 9/11 attacks by al Qa'ida as justification for overthrowing Saddam Hussein. To accomplish this, top Administration officials made repeated statements that falsely linked Iraq and al Qa'ida as a single threat and insinuated that Iraq played a role in 9/11. Sadly, the Bush Administration led the nation into war under false pretenses.
"There is no question we all relied on flawed intelligence. But, there is a fundamental difference between relying on incorrect intelligence and deliberately painting a picture to the American people that you know is not fully accurate.
"These reports represent the final chapter in our oversight of prewar intelligence. They complete the story of mistakes and failures -- both by the Intelligence Community and the Administration -- in the lead up to the war. Fundamentally, these reports are about transparency and holding our government accountable, and making sure these mistakes never happen again," Rockefeller added.
Standard YouTube License
- 7:43 Countdown: Phase II of the Intelligence Report Releasedby videocafeblog 15,125 views
- 2:45 Jay Rockefeller - El Internet no debió de haberse inventado nuncaby BocataDeRealidad 152,715 views
- 6:41 Wexler Confronts Condi on Iraq War Liesby wexlerforcongress 208,267 views
- 5:29 Is this The reason Kieth Olbermann got Fired? Jay Rockefeller threaten's Fox and MSNBC for Removal.by Big Brother Is Watching 14,580 views
- 11:00 'The Way of the- (USA) -World'by Ω 758 views
- 8:31 Minecraft | NOVA BOMB! ~ MASSIVE DESTRUCTION ~ (Explosives +)by EightBitBeast 51,618 views
- 6:35 Weapons of Mass Destructionby Sancarn 710,722 views
- 9:48 11 settembre 2001 - (torri gemelle) particolari straniby schottolo 611,644 views
- 10:29 Iraq Pre-War Intelligence - Lawrence Wilkerson interviewby dougzilla 6,351 views
- 9:37 Think & Grow Rich Super Secrets - John D. Rockefellerby ThinkAndGrowRichtv 22,827 views
- 2:45 Jay Rockefeller: Internet should have never existedby markvand 456,046 views
- 8:35 Former CIA Official Exposes Bush Administration Fraudby RepresentativePress 396,914 views
- 9:32 highlights from the Charles Duelfer report on Iraq and WMDsby IraqProject 1,767 views
- 7:09 Bush's Claims About Iraq Proven False By CIA Analystsby 911NLP 1,291 views
- 5:35 Senator Rockefeller Testimonialsby JayRockefeller 386 views
- 5:32 Vincent Bugliosi on Weapons of Mass Destructionby videocafeblog 54,741 views
- 1:39 Col. Lawrence Wilkerson@Pre-Iraq War Intelligence Committeeby KentAllard 2,082 views
- 12:00 WW3 UPDATE - Obama Confirms WMD's Used In Syria As Israel Mass Troops On Borderby TruthTube451 3,410 views
- 2:05 Bush admits that Iraq Had Nothing To Do With 9/11by marky1dark 612,946 views
- 5:01 Interrogator Shares Saddam's Confessions: No WMDS!by David Ortez TV 36,447 views
- Loading more suggestions...