Holo Cards (by Brian "Thand" Roberts) - Android Homescreen Tutorial
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jan 23, 2013
This homescreen is one for the record books! With so many likes this is one setup we couldn't resist! Thand brings this minimal clean theme "Holo Cards" together with its 5 screens, each unique and beautifully combined.
Added: Dark Holo Cards: http://bit.ly/YvC7Ce
Holo Cards page on MyColorScreen: http://bit.ly/VrABfN
Minimalistic Text Preferences: http://epichippo.com/HC_Text.zip
Images (720x1280, thanks to gorle): http://bit.ly/WUZf6d
Desktop VisualizeR: http://bit.ly/USMsBx
Simple Text: http://bit.ly/WmLIoG
Minimal MIUI GO Apex Theme: http://bit.ly/VrzRqO
Minimalistic Text: http://bit.ly/YntsSg
Power Toggles: http://bit.ly/WfQXtw
Eye in Sky: http://bit.ly/Vn5LoA
Simple RSS Widget: http://bit.ly/WUYUAG
Circle Battery Widget: http://bit.ly/Wtf8CN
ES File Explorer File Manager (or similar): http://bit.ly/11Rmkyn
Part 1: Before you begin
Once you have downloaded and installed all the apps above, here is what you need to do with certain files:
1. Place .mtpref files from HC_Text.zip in the MinimalisticTextPreferences folder in your sdcard directory.
2. Place 'home—1358621776.xml' from Fonts.zip to the Simple Text/styles folder in your sdcard directory.
3. Place the 2 Roboto fonts from Fonts.zip into a folder that you use for fonts (might have to be a sub-directory)
4. Place both Image folders (you must extract them) onto your phone, as you will be needing them for wallpapers, etc.
Part 2: Nova Settings:
Desktop Grid: 12x7
Width Margin: Small
Height Margin: None
Disable: Shadows, Label Icons
Scroll Effect: In and Out (or your choice)
Wallpaper Scrolling: On/Off depending on which Wallpaper method you use, see below for more details)
Advanced: Enable: Widget Overlap, Overlap when placing
Enable Dock: Enabled
Dock Pages: 1
Dock Icons: 5
Width Margin: Medium
Advanced: Dock as Overlay: Enabled
Look and Feel:
Icon Theme: Minimal MIUI Go Apex Theme (preffered)
Show notification bar: Disabled
Gestures and Buttons:
Apply any if needed.
Part 3: Wallpaper
Method 1: Using Desktop VisualizeR (Good for a rooted Nexus 4)
1. Make sure Wallpaper Scrolling is OFF.
2. Apply the grey background included in the images folder, selecting the "Crop" icon and then "Portrait" when applying the wallpaper.
3. Create a Desktop VisualizeR widget (any size), make it take up the whole screen, select it, change the icon to the 1 of the 5 'cards' provided in the images folder, depending on what screen you're on.
4. Do this for all 5 screens.
Method 2: Using MultiPicture Live Wallpaper (if method 1 doesn't work)
1. Make sure Wallpaper Scrolling is ON.
2. Hold down on the homescreen - Wallpaper - Live Wallpaper - MultiPic Live Wallpaper.
3. Add 5 individual screens.
4. For screen 1 settings - Picture Source - Single - Select the first 'card' in the Images (720x1280) folder.
5. Change Crop/Resize Ratio to "Show Entire Picture".
6. Repeat for all 5 screens, changing the card number depending on the screen.
Part 4: Dock Settings
1. Hold down on the homescreen - Nova Actions - Jump to Page - 1.
2. Place it at the start of the dock.
3. Repeat for all 5 pages.
4. Hold down on the first one - Edit - tap the image - Icon Pack - Simple Text.
5. Select the icon displaying 'home', rename the text to 'info', then menu - Save Icon.
6. Repeat for each icon (info, play, home, news, apps)
Part 5: Minimalistic Text
1. Hold down on the homescreen - Widgets - Minimalistic Text - 5x1 size for all of them.
2. Select "Restore", select the preference you wish to restore, select "Yes, do it!".
3. Select Global Settings - Fonts folder - use the folder you placed your Roboto font.
4. Go back, Text Style - Select the font that looks modified - Font Family - Roboto light/thin depending on which text it is.
5. Repeat for all the text shown.
Part 6: Other
To add icons, hold down on the homescreen - Apps - Select Multiple - Add desired apps. If you installed the Minimal MIUI theme you won't have to change their looks.
Finally add all the widgets shown, to many minor details to mention, refer to the video if required. If you need further details, the blog post will be up soon for it.
Thanks very much for watching this tutorial, please don't forget to subscribe, as well as like/comment on/share this video!
The Artist: http://bit.ly/11RtQcv
Standard YouTube License
- 40:14 Google I/O 2013 - Android Design for UI Developersby GoogleDevelopers Featured 77,492
- 11:03 Fluorescent (by GaRyArTs) - Android Homescreen Tutorialby mycolorscreen32,033 views
- 11:04 Holo UI Rev. 2 (by fluffen) - Android Homescreen Tutorialby mycolorscreen42,655 views
- 9:10 Halo Lockscreen (by Empol) - Android Lock Screen Tutorialby mycolorscreen43,538 views
- 11:43 Lens View (Ubuntu) (by Laroyalexander) - Android Homescreen Tutorialby mycolorscreen65,128 views
- 11:46 Gog (by DroidScreens) - Android Homescreen Tutorialby mycolorscreen22,735 views
- 37 videos Play all Android Development Tutorialby derekbanas
- 9:09 Carbona UI (by Alex T.) - Android Homescreen Tutorialby mycolorscreen17,789 views
- 13:51 Glass Home (Google Glass Homescreen) - Android Homescreen Tutorialby mycolorscreen32,571 views
- 8:38 Plus UI (by dmaischolar) Part 1 - Android Homescreen Tutorialby mycolorscreen32,395 views
- 10:22 Leaves Android (by ThangLD69) - Android Homescreen Tutorialby mycolorscreen19,710 views
- 9:58 GRIDS (Dark GRIDS) (Alex T.) - Android Homescreen Tutorialby mycolorscreen25,654 views
- 4:46 Mint (Matt McDowell) - Android Homescreen Tutorialby mycolorscreen39,897 views
- 9:57 LCD (by z3u5) - Android Homescreen Tutorialby mycolorscreen60,132 views
- 9:21 Equalizer (by titans10) - Android Homescreen Tutorialby mycolorscreen26,003 views
- 13:12 Combined (by Jansen) Part 1 - Android Homescreen Tutorialby mycolorscreen28,017 views
- 7:06 Tiles 3.0 (by dadilydoo) - Android Homescreen Tutorialby mycolorscreen31,761 views
- 12:24 Lights (by SedatedH) - Beginner Android Homescreen Tutorialby mycolorscreen25,901 views
- 12:10 Simple FlipCards (Alex T.) - Android Homescreen Tutorialby mycolorscreen22,304 views
- 13:59 Pure Minimal (by Peszek) - Android Homescreen Tutorialby mycolorscreen16,533 views