Grant Korgan - The Back Story
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 26, 2012
My name is Grant Korgan, and on March 5th 2010 while riding in the Sierra back country, I burst fractured my L1 vertebrae and entered the world of spinal cord injury recovery. Before the accident, life was simple and beyond complex...
As president of Nanolabz USA my occupational duties required that I split my time between three offices, balance the extensive travel requirements, and survive the intense fabrication and R&D cycles that required months of focused lab time down on the Stanford campus. As a newlywed to the queen of my universe, all I really wanted to do was spend endless time with my bride and plan the life that we dreamed to spend together. As for most people with our lifestyle, the trifecta life complexity came in the form of a love to whitewater kayak, a love to ski, a love to mountain bike, a love to climb, a love to backpack, a love to fly, a love to ride moto, a love to travel, and of course a love to ride snowmobiles. Between the many activities that were in constant play, the work to be done, and a soul mate that I wanted to spend 25 hrs a day with, life was simple and beyond complex...
One morning, about 10 days after the accident, I woke up in the Renown in-patient rehab facility with my first flash of awareness. For the first time, I was awake - completely awake, and I knew what I needed to do. Without a complex plan of recovery, a guaranteed method to mobility, I knew I needed only one thing -- Positivity. My path of recovery began with complete loss of feeling and zero movement below my belly button. Refusing to take "no" for an answer, my wife and I began a non-stop lifestyle of exercise and positivity that has, in one short year, taken me from the wheelchair to walking. Currently I can feel down to my knees, and am able to move with the help of two canes. I am always looking forward (never backward), and in the coming months and years, I will make consistent strides toward my eventual goal of 120% recovery.
Life is about experiences, and choosing to see the good in all things that happen for us (not to us). My recovery is based on the belief that miracles are within all of us. I believe that when people shed the weight of their own limitations, everything becomes possible. Through my recovery, I want to empower all whom a story like this resonates with, to always remember we have the choice to live the highest version of ourselves, and that we can choose everyday to live our limitless potential.
Thanks for your time and support - Grant www.korgmovement.com
Standard YouTube License
- 9:29 Grant Korgan Spinal Cord Injury - The Day it Happened - March 5 2010.movby thekorgmovement1,042 views
- 7:20 How Bob Spaly went from a wheelchair, to walking, to running & dancing; Active Isolated Stretchingby James Campbell1,196 views
- 4:03 Flo standing and walking aid testimonialsby ilsa parry752 views
- 14:54 Rebecca D. Costa - The Watchman's Rattle - Part 1by Connie Martinson1,023 views
- 16:18 Quadriplegic: Best bathroom setup & bowel routineby Jaz Blackman2,671 views
- 1:00:33 Concussion and Mild Traumatic Brain Injuryby brainline8,017 views
- 19:50 The Goosebumps of Life: Grant Korgan at TEDxYouth@SanDiegoby TEDxYouth3,385 views
- 19:30 Ruz2g "First Pontoon Ride & Fresh Water Swim".movby Earth Proof Productions911 views
- 8:41 Jordan Trip Part 5 The Dead Seaby Chris Colwell1,687 views
- 3:02 TWO FEET BACK by Grant Korgan - Book Release Videoby thekorgmovement5,388 views
- 10:28 Life After Death: Personal Thoughtsby IvyWynd602 views
- 35:29 PTSD Awareness Speechby tylerpaulson382 views
- 8:49 Spinal Cord Injuries Part 1 (patho)by Michael Linares4,786 views
- 7:10 Lauren Lifeguards Jones Beachby 3VFitness55,113 views
- 15:23 Jack Jablonski 'BEL13VE in Miracles' Gala Videoby BEL13VERS43,730 views
- 3:48 Extreme Offroad Tracked Wheelchair the Original Ripchair 2.0by southberwick3192,745 views
- 6:41 Eat Sleep Live, A Short Documentary about Living with Quadriplegia, Canadianby Drew Cumpson9,897 views
- 12:38 Angelique paraplegicby Chunsing Chim5,944 views
- 2:58 Grant Korgan Keynote Speaking 2012by thekorgmovement498 views
- 1:43 Walking / Ambulating 20 months post L1 spinal cord injuryby Jonathan Martins263 views
- Loading more suggestions...