Heston Blumenthal's snail porridge
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 21, 2009
This is a small clip from "full on food". A program which used to be on uktv food. Recipe below..........
For the snail butter
25g/1oz garlic cloves, peeled
40g/1½oz button mushrooms, finely chopped
40g/1½oz shallots, finely chopped
200g/7¼oz butter, at room temperature
25g/1oz Dijon mustard
20g/¾oz ground almonds
100g/37frac12;oz flatleaf parsley, chopped
40g/1½oz Parma ham
For the snails
72 cooked snails (this allows for about 12 per person, but can be reduced)
1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
1 fennel bulb, finely sliced
1 stick of celery, finely sliced
100g/3½oz button mushrooms, finely sliced
2 garlic cloves
bouquet garni made from bay leaves, thyme and rosemary
For the porridge
10g/½oz Parma ham
1 small fennel bulb
200ml/7¼fl oz snail cooking stock
60g/2¼oz porridge oats
70g/2½oz snail butter
the cooked snails
knob of butter
1 tsp sherry
3 tsp walnut oil
1. For the snail butter, blanch and refresh the garlic three to four times.
2. Heat 50g/1¾oz of the butter in a frying pan, and sweat the mushrooms and shallots for 5-10 minutes until softened. Keep to one side.
3. Put the remaining snail butter ingredients in a food processor and purée until smooth.
4. Rub the mix through a fine-meshed sieve, then mix in the Parma ham, mushrooms and shallots.
5. Mix in the Parma ham, mushrooms and shallots.
6. Place on a sheet of cling film and roll into a cylinder. Store in the fridge to harden.
7. To cook the snails, add them to a pan of boiling water and bring it back to the boil. Skim the surface and reduce the heat so that the water simmers very gently.
8. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for three hours, remove from the heat and leave to cool a little before straining through muslin.
9. Reserve the snails.
10. Finely shred the Parma ham, and slice the fennel as thinly as possible.
11. Heat the stock in a saucepan and when it's simmering add the oats. Stir until all of the liquid has been absorbed. Remove from the heat and beat in the snail butter.
12. Season generously.
13. Sauté the snails in butter and drain.
14. To serve, spoon the porridge onto the plates and top with the sliced ham. Top the porridge and ham with the sautéed snails. Toss the fennel with the vinegar and walnut oil, and season. Place the fennel on top of the porridge and serve.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:53 Edible insects with Heston Blumenthalby hestonsfeastsFeatured 45,523
- 9:01 Heston Blumenthal's Perfect Steakby ErmmTV 397,862 views
- 4:56 Heston Blumenthal - The Perfect Roast Chickenby lesterfontayne's channel 102,839 views
- 23:38 How To Cook Like Heston S01E04 Chickenby godwratherror's channel 147,256 views
- 4:44 Heston Blumenthal - The Perfect Steakby lesterfontayne's channel 131,635 views
- 23:35 How To Cook Like Heston S01E05 Cheeseby godwratherror's channel 111,716 views
- 1:49 How To Make The Perfect Bowl Of Porridgeby VideoJug 54,928 views
- 23:41 How To Cook Like Heston S01E02 Eggsby godwratherror's channel 222,604 views
- 5:32 Percy's Porridgeby SI3DFilms 32,391 views
- Heston Blumenthal 910 videos1K
- 0:54 How To Make Porridgeby Teaching You The Basics! 371,767 views
- 5:47 Jamaican Cornmeal Porridge Recipe Videoby Cook Like a Jamaican Channel 13,084 views
- 15:00 【HD】How to make Japanese porridge Okayuby You can order but you can't eat. 147,894 views
- 7:59 how to make corn meal porridgeby TheBlackestEYE's channel 23,516 views
- 6:35 Chicken and rice porridge (dakjuk)by Korean food with Maangchi 138,141 views
- 5:31 Jamaican Cornmeal Porridge.movby Miss Paulette Island girl kitchen 7,142 views
- 3:25 Mock Turtle Soup with Heston Blumenthalby hestonsfeasts 35,198 views
- 3:48 Heston Blumenthal - Triple-Cooked Chipsby lesterfontayne's channel 67,566 views
- 1:01 Heston Blumenthal's ice cream sandwich recipe - Waitroseby Waitrose 65,684 views
- 3:58 Ultimate scampi fries - Heston Blumenthalby Heston's Feasts 24,497 views
- 59:16 Heston's Christmas Feastby Natia Jinjolava 48,011 views
- Loading more suggestions...