Cardoza Speaks Against UN Resolution on Palestinian Statehood - 9/21/2011
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 22, 2011
Congressman Cardoza addresses the question of Palestinian statehood. Here is a copy of his remarks:
Cardoza Special Order Statement
UN Resolution on Palestinian Statehood, 9/21/11
• I would like to thank my friend for yielding me this time.
• As you all know, the Palestinian National Authority has submitted to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon a resolution requesting recognition of Palestinian statehood.
• As President Obama said in the speech before the U. N. General Assembly today, the bonds between the United States and Israel are unbreakable, as is our commitment to Israel's security.
• And as I and my Colleagues in Congress expressed earlier this year when we overwhelmingly passed House Resolution 268, the only path to a lasting peace is through direct negotiations between Israel and Palestine that lead to a two-state solution
• Lasting peace will not come by playing destabilizing and damaging political games at the United Nations.
• A unilateral approach to Palestinian statehood will fail at the United Nations.
• It will fail and in failing, it will harm the bilateral negotiation process that is the only way to bring about lasting peace.
• A lasting peace cannot be achieved while a contingent within the Palestinian government does not recognize Israel's right to exist.
• A lasting peace cannot be achieved while rockets are being fired into Israel, threatening her children and her people.
• A lasting peace cannot be achieved while the same group firing those rockets into Israel is actively trying to define Israel's borders so that those rockets would then strike major populated areas.
• Finally, a lasting peace cannot be achieved when one party fundamentally refuses to negotiate the terms of that peace.
• I call upon President Abbas to do what's right for the both the Palestinian and Israeli people and to not put political gamesmanship ahead of peace.
• I call upon him to return to the negotiation table and to give up this spurious and damaging game.
Standard YouTube License
- 5:24 Cardoza Testifies before House Committee on Benefits of High Speed Rail - 12/15/2011by CongressmanCardoza166 views
- 3:19 Cardoza Discusses Corzine Hearing on Kudlow Report - 12/8/2011by CongressmanCardoza111 views
- 4:19 Cardoza Discusses Housing Reform on MSNBC - 9/4/2011by CongressmanCardoza421 views
- 1:41 Cardoza Comments on Amendment to Aid Azores - 7/21/11by CongressmanCardoza113 views
- 1:02:50 ABBAS GHADERI dar Koocheh khatereh haby khatereh tv9,628 views
- 22:31 Entrée de la Palestine à l'ONU comme ETAT observateur Discours de Mahmoud Abbasby Bastienet1,634 views
- 37:12 President Obama Addresses the UN General Assembly 21/9/11 Fullby boazgu108,549 views
- 2:12 Palestinian State Gaining Support, Statehood for Palestine, Democracy Nowby MuhaddithDotOrg1,191 views
- 15:00 Mormonism Vs Statehood Part 1 of 4by DonQuijote1,298 views
- 4:38 Israeli Arabs on a Palestinian Stateby AssyrianPride100018,121 views
- 44:44 "I Believe America Is Exceptional!" President Obama Speech To The U.N. General Assembly 2013by MOXNEWSd0tC0M21,249 views
- 3:37 What do Israelis think of an independent Palestinian state?by JN1ISRAEL251,144 views
- 6:44 Bill Cassidy defends Israel on MSNBCby BillCassidyCongress149 views
- 52:37 Congressman Deutch, House Colleagues Speak Against Unilateral Palestinian Statehood Bidby CongressmanTedDeutch36 views
- 2:33 'You owe us recognition!': Palestine to UK - RT 110922by newsupload2010114 views
- 43:43 Obama speech at the United Nations General Assembly FULL VIDEOby IRAN APARAT22,200 views
- 14:20 Brian Lilley Interviews Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman On "Palestinian Statehood"by Blazing Catfur5,027 views
- 10:40 Ahmadinejad to RT: Israeli theft failed, occupation days numberedby RT America26,764 views
- 5:51 U.S walks out on Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad AGAIN !!! ... U.S. prefers WAR. 2 of 2by LogicWorldNews5,340 views
- 6:07 Obama says independent Palestinian state key to peaceby NewsInWorldNow59 views
- Loading more suggestions...