New York's New Vision for Juvenile Justice | The New School
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 1, 2010
The Center for New York City Affairs presents:
A Transformative Moment? New York's New Vision for Juvenile Justice.
CENTER FOR NEW YORK CITY AFFAIRS | http://newschool.edu/milano/nycaffairs
Major changes are afoot in juvenile justice. Governor Paterson recently proposed long-awaited reforms for upstate facilities where young teens are incarcerated. But he also proposed large cuts to alternative-to-detention and diversion programs. Meanwhile, the Bloomberg administration has merged the citys juvenile justice agency with childrens services, potentially accelerating expansion of community- and family-centered services for juvenile delinquents and other young people. What are the emerging visions? How might city, state and nonprofit agencies work together to support effective reform for children and families? A conversation about working toward meaningful change, at a time of fiscal crisis.
THE NEW SCHOOL | http://www.newschool.edu
- Commissioner Gladys Carrion, NYS Office of Children and Family Services.
- Commissioner John Mattingly, New York City Administration for Childrens Services.
- Commissioner Vincent Schiraldi, New York City Department of Probation.
- Melkeda Cardona, Youth Organizer, Safe Passages for Youth, The Correctional Association of NY
- Jeremy Kohomban, President and CEO, Childrens Village.
- Jeremy Travis, President, John Jay College of Criminal Justice.
This event was supported by the Sirus Fund, the Ira W. DeCamp Foundation, the Viola W. Bernard Foundation and the Milano Foundation.
MILANO THE NEW SCHOOL FOR MANAGEMENT AND URBAN POLICY | http://www.newschool.edu/milano
* Location: Theresa Lang Community and Student Center, Arnhold Hall. 02/12/2010 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:59:45 Opposition to Paying for Capitalism's Crisis | The New Schoolby The New School21,892 views
- 1:50:12 Combating Youth Violence | The New School for Public Engagementby The New School686 views
- 1:39:41 Inside Schools: Public Elementary School: How to Apply | The New Schoolby The New School240 views
- 1:52:50 A Need for Correction: Reforming New York's Juvenile Justice System | The New Schoolby The New School2,041 views
- 1:36:19 Black Female Voices: A public dialogue between bell hooks and Melissa Harris-Perry | The New Schoolby The New School7,391 views
- 55:05 3.7.11 Press Conference Showing Violence in OCFS Facilitiesby Dan Toomey12,389 views
- 1:28:56 Joseph Stiglitz: The Price of Inequality | The New Schoolby The New School13,664 views
- 2:00:13 Cities Respond to Climate Change | The New Schoolby The New School626 views
- 1:47:52 Lessons from the Economic Crisis | The New Schoolby The New School2,658 views
- 2:02:21 Why the Economic Crisis Deepens | The New Schoolby The New School78,228 views
- 6:43 Juvenile justiceby GumboTeen7,542 views
- 1:33:07 Struggling Schools, Hard Times | The New Schoolby The New School357 views
- 6:25 Inside Juvenile Prison: What It's Likeby Calamari Productions497,784 views
- 1:31:52 Does Philosophy Still Matter? | The New Schoolby The New School52,082 views
- 1:21:08 Communicative Language Teaching: Jeremy Harmer and Scott Thornbury | The New Schoolby The New School14,163 views
- 1:47:31 Families, Security and Immigrant Rights | The New School for Public Engagementby The New School566 views
- 29:11 Division of Youth Services, Missouri: Innovator's Focusby AshInstitute10,704 views
- 1:49:15 Race and the Subprime Crisis: The Future of Minority Neighborhoods | The New Schoolby The New School924 views
- 1:28:04 Parent Advocates in the Child Welfare System - Part 1 | The New Schoolby The New School578 views
- 8:21 Inside Juvenile Detention: Court Dayby Calamari Productions35,905 views
- Loading more suggestions...