Japan New 44ton MBT (Main Battle Tank) Type10 Tank Prototype (TK-X) Test - English News
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 14, 2008
Type 10 MBT-X Prototype (TK-X)
The Type 10 TK-X (MBT-X) project aims to build a new main battle tank to replace the existing Type 74 main battle tanks currently in service with the Japan Ground Self Defense Force. This tank will be deployed to the narrower and more mountainous regions of the country. The design emphased C4I capabilities as well as increasing performance, firepower, defense and mobility. The Type 10 has sloped turret armor similar to the Leopard 2A5, as well as a side profile similar to the Leclerc. The use of modular components, thereby significantly improving the side armor in comparison to the Type 90. The vehicle's armor can be reconfigured depending on the needs. Without additional armor plating, the vehicle weighs about 40 tons, while weighing about 48 tons with all of the add-on armor.
A day & night 360 degree sight is also mounted on the turret, which can be integrated with the "new Basic Regimental Command & Control System". Compared to the Type 90, the Commander's Panoramic Sight has been moved to the right and is located at a higher position, giving the commander a wide field of view.
By one report, the vehicle is expected to be armed with the 120-mm smoothbore gun developed by Japan Steel Works. This company also license-produces the Rheinmetall 120-mm / L44 gun for the Type 90 MBT. There is an option for L55 or a new barrel 50 caliber in length. The TK-X main battle tank will fire a newly developed armor-piercing ammunition. It is compatible with all standard 120-mm NATO ammunition. Secondary armament consists of coaxially mounted 7.62-mm machine gun and a roof mounted remotely controlled 12.7-mm machine gun. It will use an autoloader, with a crew of three (Commander and gunner in the turret, driver in the hull). It will use Continuously Variable Transmission, and is equipped with active hydropneumatic suspension, which allows it to adjust its stance. The tank can "sit", "stand", "kneel" or to "lean" in any direction. This feature gives a number of advantages.
This new lightweight MBT weighs significantly less than other modern battle tanks. It is 10 tons lighter than the current Japanese Type 90 main battle tank. The 40-ton tank was designed to be lightweight in order to comply with Japanese road laws. Laws banning heavy vehicles meant that the Type 90 could not operate outside Hokkaido, except at certain training facilities. The new MBT can be transported on standard commercial trailers.
On 15 December 2001, the Japanese Government approved a new mid-term procurement plan for its Self-Defense Forces totaling 25,160 billion yen (US$223.6 billion). Research projects were planned for five years, including the development of a new battle tank with advanced command-and-control capabilities. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries is the main contractor of the TK-X. Development of components began in 1990s, and as of 2008 production was expected to start in 2010-2011. A prototype of the '3.5-generation' tank was revealed on February 13th, 2008 at the Ground Systems Research Center of the Technology Research and Development Institute (TRDI) in Sagamihara. The development cost as of 2008 was approximately JPY¥48,400,000,000, or approximately USD$447m. Each unit was expected to cost approximately JPY¥700,000,000, or USD$6.5m.
★Japan TRDI Official Comment：
-New Tank is the successor to the current main battle tanks. This MBT will have improved "firepower", "protection", and "mobility" together with "advanced C4I".-
★Type10 Prototype (TK-X) Spec★
Weight 44 (40-48) ton
Length 9.42 m
Width 3.24 m
Unit cost of 700 million Japanese Yen
Modular composite armour.
side armor of the turret is Anti RPG modular composite armour.
Continuously Variable Transmission.
and All 360°TV camera enemy caution function.
japan japanese tank main battle jgsdf tk-x mbt-x china pla korea jsdf army military mbt type99 99a2 type90 90式 10式 戦車 新戦車 坦克 T-72 T-80 T-90 T-95 xk-2 xk2 K1A1 Challenger2 Merkava M1A1 M1A2 Leclerc leopard2 leopard2A4 leopard2A5 leopard2A6 leopard2A7 best top ranking world Drift tank Future Combat Systems FCS german renk acceleration cvt Euro Power Pack mtu mitsubishi trdi automatic transmission
Standard YouTube License
- 46:52 10 Best Battle Tanksby worldmilitarytech49,632 views
- 2:41 Drift! - Japan New MBT (Main Battle Tank) Type10 Tank Prototype (TK-X) New Test Videoby kinsei1560641,760 views
- 10:28 陸上自衛隊 90式戦車のすべて ＭＢＴ Type90 陸上自衛隊 貴重by MrHofner5001340,784 views
- 5:28 10式戦車を凌駕する？韓国軍次世代主力戦車K2by 陸海空動画局154,533 views
- 9:31 [Dokdo-biggest battleship] Korea's Advanced Weapons !!by ARIRANG NEWS1,184,505 views
- 4:49 Hrisantema tanks killer - missle systemby Gromoslawski864,353 views
- 3:36 2012 10式戦車 スラローム射撃の命中精度 Type10 Slalom Shootingby yashichi87able119,615 views
- 5 videos Play all Japan Type 10 tank S3by kinsei1560
- 0:56 South Korea XK-2 VS Japan Type10 Tank (TK-X) Ability Battleby kinsei1560289,534 views
- 43:51 TOP 13 modern tanks in the worldby Ultorif234,161 views
- 3:51 TK X MBT Type 10 Japan New Tank English & Japaneseby MrHofner500130,232 views
- 1:14 The Russian tank of the futureby Siberia90355,628 views
- 4:42 10式戦車の空包射撃 Firing Type10 Tank, Japan's New MBTby AMANO Jun-ichi123,049 views
- 3:08 Korea New Main Battle Tank XK-2by bluewing1024189,062 views
- 10:01 【九州南西海域工作船事件】 The Japan Coast Guard received the attack.by yukikaze775982,779 views
- 2:02 Obrum ADVANCED STEALTH Main Battle Tank Marketing video NEW chalenger to abrams and merkava tankby ArmedForcesUpdate91,734 views
- 2:25 【命名・進水式】 新 海自潜水艦「けんりゅう」 New JMSDF SS "Kenryu" launchby jmsdfmsopao522,796 views
- 4:49 JSDF 日本国自衛隊 そろそろ反撃してもいいですか？ お疲れ様ですby sobaya1082,673,806 views
- 0:28 escapism Korean say "Wire locked Type10 Tank"by kinsei156045,273 views
- 25:00 Firepower: Battle Tanksby DefenceTalk413,403 views