Norah Jones Shoot the Moon
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 23, 2008
Shoot the Moon by Norah Jones
The summer days are gone too soon
You shoot the moon
And miss completely
And now you're left to face the gloom
The empty room that once smelled sweetly
Of all the flowers you plucked if only
You knew the reason
Why you had to each be lonely
Was it just the season?
Now the fall is here again
You can't begin to give in
It's all over
When the snows come rolling through
You're rolling too with some new lover
Will you think of times you've told me
That you knew the reason
Why we had to each be lonely
It was just the season
Norah Jones (born Geethali Norah Jones Shankar on March 30, 1979) is an American singer-songwriter, pianist, keyboardist, guitarist, and occasional actress of Anglo-American and Bengali descent.
Jones' career was launched with her 2002 debut album Come Away with Me, a contemporary pop album with a sensual, plaintive soul/folk/country tinge, that sold over twenty million copies worldwide and received five Grammy Awards, with Jones winning "Best New Artist". Her second album, Feels like Home, was released in 2004, clocking more than a million sales in the first week of U.S. release. In 2007, she released her third album, Not Too Late, which debuted at number one on the world charts. She has become one of the most successful recording artists of the decade, racking up sales of more than 16 million records in the US and 39 million records worldwide. She is the daughter of musical maestro Ravi Shankar and half sister of sitarist Anoushka Shankar.
Debut album: Come Away with Me
Main article: Come Away with Me
Her debut album, Come Away with Me, debuted in February 2002 and was instantly celebrated for its blending of mellow, acoustic pop with soul and jazz. It hit number one on the U.S. Billboard 200, with the single "Don't Know Why" hitting number one on the Top 40 Adult Recurrents in 2003. It won Album of the Year at the Grammy Awards. She made a cameo appearance in the 2002 movie Two Weeks Notice playing the piano and singing "The Nearness of You" at the fundraiser. "Come Away With Me" has sold 18 million copies and is the best selling studio album of the decade so far, and the second best selling album overall.
Second album: Feels like Home
Her second album, Feels like Home, was released on February 9, 2004. Rather than repeat the softer, jazz mood of Come Away with Me, her second album was influenced by country music. Within a week of its release, Feels like Home had sold over a million copies, making it the highest-selling album in the history of Blue Note Records. Jones toured globally again, to promote the album with the Handsome Band, and the addition of backing singer Daru Oda. Time magazine included Jones on the Time 100, a list of the most influential people of 2004. "Feels Like Home" debuted at number-one in most countries around the world and has sold over 9 million copies.
Third album: Not Too Late
Her third album, Not Too Late, was released by Blue Note Records on January 30, 2007. The album is Jones's first for which she wrote or co-wrote every song, and according to her, some of them are much darker than those on her previous albums. Not Too Late was mostly recorded at Jones's home studio and is the first album Jones recorded without producer Arif Mardin, who died in the summer of 2006. Jones described the sessions as "fun, relaxed and easy" and without a deadline; executives at Blue Note Records reportedly did not know they were recording an album. The song "My Dear Country" is a political satire; she wrote it before the United States Presidential election day in 2004.
Not Too Late reached the #1 position in twenty countries and reached #1 on the United World Chart with sales over 720,000 in its first week. It is the third best first week album sales of 2007 after Avril Lavigne's third album The Best Damn Thing and Linkin Park's third album Minutes to Midnight. The album became the 800th album to reach the top spot on the UK chart. It also reached #1 in the U.S. with 405,000 copies sold. According to a press release from EMI, Not Too Late is certified gold or platinum in twenty-one countries as of February 2007. The album has sold more than 4.2 million copies worldwide, according to EMI. The first single, "Thinking About You", became Jones's first single to chart on the U.S. Hot 100 since "Don't Know Why".
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Shoot The Moon" on
- 49 videos Play all YouTube Mix - Norah Jones Shoot the Moon
- 4:01 Norah Jones - Until The Endby emimusic Featured 1,672,322
- 7:12 Norah Jones & John Mayer - Don't know why-Wonderlandby Ulrich Pfahler2,943,448 views
- 4:43 Norah Jones - Crazy - liveby logoslive999,498 views
- 2:56 The Nearness of You - Nora Jonesby Connie K98,039 views
- 4:15 Norah Jones - Cold Cold Heartby collegeb0y5,193,407 views
- 4:37 Norah Jones - What I Am To Youby lacrima4reichel484,044 views
- 14 videos Play all norah jones come away with meby MartinSoulflake
- 3:31 Marilyn Manson - Tainted Love (Official Music Video) and Lyricsby DyingToBeMee6,913,413 views
- 7:12 USA FOR AFRICA - We Are The Worldby mrflashouse22,268,581 views
- 3:32 Sting - Ne me quitte pas (live)by edizeba824,760 views
- 3:26 norah jones - come away with me lyricsby lilmisslyrics4u5,355,598 views
- 3:48 The Fugees - Ready Or Notby Supa Graph2,873,970 views
- 1:14:53 Jazz Compilation 2012 Part 2by Kakteen Fou5,173,107 views
- 10:32 Asa - The Way I Feelby Zeitwolf4,211,096 views
- 4:14 Norah Jones - I've Got To See You Again (HD/HQ Sound)by jameswest1111111,249,441 views
- 4:13 Norah Jones - Back to Manhatten.flvby vonamek91153,238 views
- 3:22 Beirut - Vagabondby remotecontrolrecords363,664 views
- 2:37 A Norah Jones - Are you lonesome (Elvis tribute)by Ulrich Pfahler2,951,504 views
- 5:32 Evanescence - Good Enoughby Thomas C. Almeida863,368 views
- 3:35 Marisa Monte & Cesária Évora - É Doce Morrer no Marby rialimpe981,944 views