Zumiez Best Foot Forward Kansas City 2012
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 18, 2012
In the metropolis of Kansas City, Missouri, the Summer is heating up as the Zumiez Best Foot Forward Am Contest blasts into town. Kansas City is no joke when it comes to the high-flying action of skateboard madness. With a bevy of new shredders coming out of this midwestern mecca, the stage was set for massive schralping at the comp.
In the sweltering heat of the flyover states, there is a well-constructed oasis among the broken down cars and industrial waste. The locale: KC Indoor Skatepark. This massive indoor slurry of color and grime is the perfect backdrop for the trickery to come. Although dusty and slippery at points, the wooden ramps are laid out in a manor to elicit long, smooth lines and numerous back-to-back maneuvers.
In the house, along with all the contestants, were DC riders Nyjah Houston and Matt Miller. The contest pressed on while the superstars of the streets signed autographs and posed for cell phone shots. The heats ripped on one after another and the skaters took slams and landed impressive maneuvers.
The finals came down to six shredders who were unstoppable during the preliminary heats. Evan Doherty came through with a hot banger, although under 5 feet tall, he was a giant out there on the course. His lower center of gravity allowed for a simple, smooth gyration for pulling off 540s on the vert wall quarter pipe.
Smooth lines and speed put Matt Fuller in the finals. Sean McKay was feeling the force of all the obstacles and stuck mainly to the double-set and pyramid areas. Sean managed to rock a frontside flip over the big handrail along with several other flippers.
Sean Phillips came out swinging with crazy maneuvers, most notably a kickflip back smith to fakie down the pyramid handrail. This, along with a host of solid flip tricks and rail chomping was enough to land Sean in the 3rd place spot.
The talk of the town was Zack Doelling, whose numerous attempts at a three sixty double-flip cost him three broken boards. One after another, Zack was snapping and crackling those planks of wood like it was breakfast time. Zack did manage to pull off tons of awe inspiring tricks and scooped up the second place trophy.
The man with the plan was Weston Sparks. Weston has a mix of consistency and difficulty that wouldn't be outdone on this Kansas City day. Front blunt combos and nollie to board sliders were child's play for Weston as he danced around the course hardly missing a step anywhere. Sealing the deal with a huge backside hurricane, Weston found himself in the first place seat and on the road to the finals.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Jealous Again" on
- 4:46 1st Montage - Transworld Skateboarding The Reason '99by skaidernation Featured 9,767
- 2:13 Zumiez Best Foot Forward Indianapolis 2012by Zumiez2,464 views
- 2:15 Zumiez Best Foot Forward Las Vegas 2012by Zumiez6,639 views
- 2:05 Zumiez Best Foot Forward Atlanta 2012by Zumiez3,683 views
- 2:13 Zumiez Best Foot Forward Minneapolis FINALS 2012by Zumiez3,610 views
- 1:01:50 DGK Parental Advisory 2012 FULL VIDEOby pit47ful19,062 views
- 9:25 ZUMIEZ UNBOXING!by limi49,195 views
- 4:17 8 Year Old Sk8s Monster Ramp with PLGby OsirisShoesNetwork140,561 views
- 1:57 Zumiez Best Foot Forward Seattle 2012by Zumiez2,860 views
- 8:12 Element Contest at Kc Indoor 2012by ROLLINST3ADY958 views
- 1:53 Zumiez Best Foot Forward Milwaukee 2012by Zumiez5,811 views
- 9:21 MILEY CYRUS SKATEBOARDINGby MAJER Crew903,972 views
- 2:27 Zumiez Best Foot Forward Phoenix 2012by Zumiez5,978 views
- 2:10 Zumiez Best Foot Forward Philadelphia 2012by Zumiez2,388 views
- 14:42 DGK - THE BERRICS - ESTby DGK55,368 views
- 2:01 Zumiez Best Foot Forward Tulsa 2012by Zumiez3,542 views
- 1:40:33 Grind - Full Movieby prinzefilms1,532,152 views
- 1:54 Zumiez Best Foot Forward 2013 Previewby Zumiez4,764 views
- 5:54 Nick Garcia: Future Natureby J'Dinklage Morgoone31,775 views
- 2:10 Zumiez Best Foot Forward Denver 2012by Zumiez1,971 views
- Loading more suggestions...