DOUBLE DUTCH DOG BLOWS YOUR MIND
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 4, 2012
My name is samantha Valle. Im from Long island new york. The dog is GERONIMO and shes a 2 year old cattle dog mix. could be mixed with border collie or kelpie, who knows! I pulled her out of a pound in Missouri while I was performing there 2 summers ago. She was 3 months old. Mo's specialty is tricks. She loves to train tricks, but also has a knack for agility and frisbee. I have 7 dogs total, all mixes of herding dogs, which are my favorite.
I travel around the country performing with STUNT DOG PRODUCTIONS, creators of the theater show THE STUNT DOG EXPERIENCE and the state fair shows THE EXTREME CANINES SHOW. We perform all across the country and also have performed in Canada.
Now, about this trick. This trick took 5 straight weeks until it was perfect for me to call complete. I practiced it every single day, several hours a day. Now, there are alot of hours in a day, folks, and I like frequent breaks (although mo wonders why we are stopping and not jumping all day long ;) Mo will work all day, she loves to EAT!! This is the first time Ive trained this specific trick so it was all trial and error. There was no specific steps I really took that made a huge difference. All I can really remember doing is trying a bunch of different things, rewarding her small successes until the trick was complete. To the lovely people that are asking about the stick on the ground. I trained Mo to jump behind the stick. It has nothing to do with the ropes itself. This trick is so amazing because of all the things going on at once. Think about it....she has to find that "sweet spot" in the rope where she can jump in, wait for the perfect time to jump in, watch the board on the floor and the ropes at the same time so she knows where and when to jump in, then she must time the jump perfectly, land, and immediately find the rhythm of the ropes and jump. shes just not running and gunning it. she waits for the right time (which through hrs of practice, has figured out) and jumps in. The stick is there to keep her in the middle of the ropes, as i found out by teaching my other dogs to jump with just one rope, that they all want to jump right on top of you or into you really closely. My vision for this trick is exactly how you see it now....a dog that runs and jumps into 2 ropes while staying in the middle as if it were jumping like a human. Im happy with the end result. Mo is happy to jump, and I hope you all are happy to view her video and watch her having a good time.
This trick was originally trained so I can bring a new trick to THE STUNT DOG EXPERIENCE show we will be performing at DOLLYWOOD theme park this summer, June to the first week in August. I wasnt going to put out a video at all. I was going to wait and debut the trick on stage at dollywood. Then my first jump rope dog died and I became extremely depressed. 10 years ago I got TESS for my birthday and that dog molded me into the trainer I am today. My boyfriend suggested I put out the video anyway because its such a fun trick. The entire video was filmed by my friend STEVE COLLIER and the video is dedicated to the dog that jump started my training career....TESS, who appears in a few of my earlier videos.
The guy opposite me, turning the ropes is my boyfriend...SCOTT LEVY. Yes. hes scrawny. We get the memo, thank you. Love him to death and scrawny guys are the way to go ;)
If you are going to sit here and bitch about the font, your just lame. if you dont like my music choice, your on the internet. Your on a computer. Each one of these devices has a volume button.....utilize it and quit your bitching :) thank you.
Now, about that yard. Its dirt. Its grass. Its HIDEOUS, i know. See that big ass house in the background, folks? Its brand new. Just moved back into it late november due to construction. After they bulldozed the top half of my house and built upwards, adding 6 new rooms, they decided to get to work on the yard. I filmed this as work was being done on the yard.since ive been a lazy ass on this channel lately and apparently only seem to put out one video per year, next years video will be with a lush green field of grass with trees along the fence, an inground pool thats uncovered that you will jealous of, and my dogs doing what they do best...being awesome while having a good time! :)
THIS VIDEO IS DEDICATED TO TESS, THE DOG THAT TAUGHT ME TO JUMP ROPE.
LIKE double dutch dog on facebook.
LIKE stunt dog productions on facebook
also check out
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Like A G6" on
Far East Movement
- 1:41 Ellen Staff's Unlucky Momentsby TheEllenShow Featured 1,460,367
- 15:47 Drug Crazed - Florida's new drugs epidemicby Journeyman Pictures3,437,159 views
- 8:46 Nana the Border Collie Performs Amazing Dog Tricksby NanaBorderCollie2,007,140 views
- 2:38 Dog Meets Wolfby LifeIsQuick2,372,105 views
- 2:16 The Only Man In The World Who Can Swim With A Polar Bear: Grizzly Manby Barcroft TV18,442,680 views
- 3:07 WISDOM TEETH.wmvby Amanda Cooksey1,986,680 views
- 45:58 Most Aggressive Breedsby NatGeoWild1,589,475 views
- 3:45 Buffalo Gals - Malcolm McLaren (Original Video) Hip Hop Classicby thankyoueBay454,513 views
- 3:31 How to Photograph Wolves at Wolf Parkby tomod64853,152 views
- 4:10 Dog versus Deer ORIGINALby mlcarriker4,063,635 views
- 2:10 Reunited After 3.5 Years!by apierce52,005,823 views
- eHowPets 519 videos57K
- 2:22 Baby Deer trapped in Poolby DakotaWingsBuckshot6,279,141 views
- 0:39 Dog Saves Her Puppy From Drowning in Pool: Hero Dog Video Caught on Tapeby ABC News2,445,377 views
- 8:30 Smackdown 1/29/10 Michelle McCool vs Mickie James (Layla)by xWrestlingMoves173,652 views
- 1:12 Soldier Reunion Dog Cryingby grabagething7,489,951 views
- 4:38 Make It Countby caseyneistat10,149,772 views
- 4:20 MorpHex part IIIby Zenta2,525,639 views
- 5:01 Dogs just don't want to bath - Funny dog bathing compilationby Tiger Productions5,858,066 views
- 1:45 playing ball....by MASSEUR19567,700,761 views