Oklahoma 1st District Republican Convention 2012
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 3, 2012
Republicans from Oklahoma's 1st Congressional District do hereby submit the following complaints in regard to the 1st District Convention held on Saturday, April 14, 2012:
Complaint No. 1: In violation of the Rules of the Oklahoma Republican Party (16f) the following occurred: The 1st Congressional District Chairwoman, Grace Farmer, failed to receive the reports of the Credentials Committee and the Rules Committee and instead held the Election of the Convention Chairman at approximately 9:15 AM in the absence of an established quorum and any duly adopted Credentials or Rules Reports and in addition, prior to the scheduled close of Convention Registration. Subsequently, the Convention Chairman, Jim Williamson, proceeded with the Credentials and Rules Reports as well as the further organization and business of the Convention.
Complaint No. 2: In violation of the Rules of the Oklahoma Republican Party (18e) and the Rules of the 1st Congressional District Republican Convention (VII.A) the following occurred: The Election of Delegates and Alternates to the Republican National Convention as well as Presidential Elector and Alternate were not called for or announced by roll call vote by each County.
Complaint No. 3: In violation of the Rules of the Oklahoma Republican Party (19b) and the Rules of the 1st Congressional District Republican Convention (III.B) the following occurred: A recess until 3:00 PM was duly motioned, seconded and adopted by the Convention. At 3:00 PM, a motion from Jake Peters was made to "suspend the rules and re-enact a modified version of the same rules, in which the remaining offices shall be filled through a live runoff among the top two vote-getters for each position" in the interest of sparing time since each "instant" ballot was taking almost an hour to count, positions were being declared won by as little as a half-vote margin (which would, under any normal election, trigger a recount and take an additional hour), Convention Rules stressed that we had to adjourn by 2:00 PM or risk penalties by the hotel, Delegates were uncomfortable having the ballots counted at a later date at an unspecified location and this motion would have allowed the Convention to finalize the election transparently and prior to adjournment. The Convention Chairman ignored the main motion and asked for a quorum count. A point of order was made by Jake Peters as to the motion already made and the point of order was denied by the Convention Chair. A simple head count was made in which the result was 138 Delegates present and the Convention Chairman ruled that there was not a quorum which he defined as 186 Delegates. Further points of order were made regarding the Rules that require the quorum be calculated with the weighted delegate votes and the Convention Chairman refused to acknowledge them even going so far as threatening to have Delegates ejected by the Sergeant at Arms. In addition, even had a simple head count sufficed for the calculation of the quorum, State Party Rule 19b states that "once a quorum is established, a quorum shall be deemed to be present until fewer than two thirds (2/3) of the original quorum remain" which based on the Convention Chair's ruling that the original quorum equaled 186 Delegates, a quorum should have been deemed to be present until fewer than 124 Delegates remained.
Complaint No. 4: In violation of Roberts Rules of Order Newly Revised (11th ed.), pp. 348-349 the following occurred: Jake Peters appealed the ruling of the Convention Chair that no quorum existed and was seconded but the Chair refused to state the question and instead replied, "You can appeal the ruling of the Chair until the cows come home but the business of the Convention, we are going to be in recess until they announce the final vote. That's what's gonna (sic) happen."
Complaint No. 5: In violation of Roberts Rules of Order Newly Revised (11th ed.), 73 and pp. 650-652, the Rules of the Oklahoma Republican Party (3a) and the Rules of the 1st Congressional District Republican Convention (VIII.E) the following occurred: After the Convention Chair ignored another point of order and threatened to eject Delegate David Tackett for making a point of order, Jake Peters addressed the Chair with a motion to remove the Convention Chair but the microphones had been turned off and the Chair did not recognize the motion. Jake Peters then addressed the Convention Delegates and made a motion to remove the Chair which was seconded and then adopted by the Convention body. However, the Convention Chair ignored the carried motion and continued to preside over the Convention. Jake Peters then called for nominations for a new Convention Chair from the Convention body. The body nominated Jake Peters and elected him unanimously but the previous Convention Chair ordered the Sergeant at Arms to eject Jake Peters further in violation of Robert's Rules requiring a majority vote by the assembly.
We, the undersigned
Standard YouTube License
- 13:11 Ron Paul delegates disqualified from the RNCby RT America Featured 19,117
- 33:01 PROOF Oklahoma GOP Convention 5/12/12 ILLEGALLY ADJOURNED!!! Part 1/4by Caleb Palmquist4,526 views
- 5:19 Fox News: Ron Paul is much bigger than people knowby djgabrielpresents74,154 views
- 14:06 Ron Paul Destroys MSNBC's Alex Wagner On Syriaby djgabrielpresents82,589 views
- 2:58 Violent OK GOP State Conventionby NewsODP7,044 views
- 18:37 Ron Paul speaks at Nevada Convention 5-5-12by Patrick Kennedy1,335 views
- 13:28 TruthTV - OK County GOP Excludes RP Delegates, Supporters Fight Back and Win Majorityby TruthisTreasonNet1,566 views
- 52:18 Oklahoma State GOP Convention EPIC FAILby SufferingInTruth882 views
- 4:55 People kicked out, lights turned off before Oklahoma GOP convention finishesby Tollie Williams1,739 views
- 10:48 Ron Paul Incredible Video Twice Removed YouTubeby AwsmMayCry1,212,132 views
- 5:39 Oklahoma GOP Convention Ron Paul Rejects Win Against Establishment in OK Countyby Ryan Wells62,982 views
- 4:06 Krauthammer: Dems Will Regret Allowing Obama's 'Lawlessness' When GOP Returns to Powerby Top10NewsToday1,264 views
- 12:14 Ron Paul's Greatest Debate Performance Ever (10-18-2011)by KramerDSP574,028 views
- 3:12 LAGOP 2012 Convention - Third Chair takes floor after second Chair is violently assaulted !!!!!!!by bonners113,542 views
- 5:43 Chairman Shoves Ron Paul Supporter--- Iowa GOP Conventionby Theflin055,770 views
- 9:32 Ron Paul: Obamacare 'A Conspiracy Of Stupidity'by selfownership115,569 views
- 2:39 Romney Supporters attack Ron Paul Supporters at OK GOP Conventionby PSNy2kUK18,292 views
- 6:21 2013 - Ron Paul Exposes Obama Martial Law Plans!!!by Top10GamingOfficial379,867 views
- 2:47 Oklahoma GOP Delegate Explains about the Cops Jacking him up at the Conventionby arlenearmy6,363 views
- 6:40 2012 Utah Republican Nominating Convention - Mia Loveby UT GOP13,677 views
- Loading more suggestions...