Oklahoma 1st District Republican Convention 2012
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 3, 2012
Republicans from Oklahoma's 1st Congressional District do hereby submit the following complaints in regard to the 1st District Convention held on Saturday, April 14, 2012:
Complaint No. 1: In violation of the Rules of the Oklahoma Republican Party (16f) the following occurred: The 1st Congressional District Chairwoman, Grace Farmer, failed to receive the reports of the Credentials Committee and the Rules Committee and instead held the Election of the Convention Chairman at approximately 9:15 AM in the absence of an established quorum and any duly adopted Credentials or Rules Reports and in addition, prior to the scheduled close of Convention Registration. Subsequently, the Convention Chairman, Jim Williamson, proceeded with the Credentials and Rules Reports as well as the further organization and business of the Convention.
Complaint No. 2: In violation of the Rules of the Oklahoma Republican Party (18e) and the Rules of the 1st Congressional District Republican Convention (VII.A) the following occurred: The Election of Delegates and Alternates to the Republican National Convention as well as Presidential Elector and Alternate were not called for or announced by roll call vote by each County.
Complaint No. 3: In violation of the Rules of the Oklahoma Republican Party (19b) and the Rules of the 1st Congressional District Republican Convention (III.B) the following occurred: A recess until 3:00 PM was duly motioned, seconded and adopted by the Convention. At 3:00 PM, a motion from Jake Peters was made to "suspend the rules and re-enact a modified version of the same rules, in which the remaining offices shall be filled through a live runoff among the top two vote-getters for each position" in the interest of sparing time since each "instant" ballot was taking almost an hour to count, positions were being declared won by as little as a half-vote margin (which would, under any normal election, trigger a recount and take an additional hour), Convention Rules stressed that we had to adjourn by 2:00 PM or risk penalties by the hotel, Delegates were uncomfortable having the ballots counted at a later date at an unspecified location and this motion would have allowed the Convention to finalize the election transparently and prior to adjournment. The Convention Chairman ignored the main motion and asked for a quorum count. A point of order was made by Jake Peters as to the motion already made and the point of order was denied by the Convention Chair. A simple head count was made in which the result was 138 Delegates present and the Convention Chairman ruled that there was not a quorum which he defined as 186 Delegates. Further points of order were made regarding the Rules that require the quorum be calculated with the weighted delegate votes and the Convention Chairman refused to acknowledge them even going so far as threatening to have Delegates ejected by the Sergeant at Arms. In addition, even had a simple head count sufficed for the calculation of the quorum, State Party Rule 19b states that "once a quorum is established, a quorum shall be deemed to be present until fewer than two thirds (2/3) of the original quorum remain" which based on the Convention Chair's ruling that the original quorum equaled 186 Delegates, a quorum should have been deemed to be present until fewer than 124 Delegates remained.
Complaint No. 4: In violation of Roberts Rules of Order Newly Revised (11th ed.), pp. 348-349 the following occurred: Jake Peters appealed the ruling of the Convention Chair that no quorum existed and was seconded but the Chair refused to state the question and instead replied, "You can appeal the ruling of the Chair until the cows come home but the business of the Convention, we are going to be in recess until they announce the final vote. That's what's gonna (sic) happen."
Complaint No. 5: In violation of Roberts Rules of Order Newly Revised (11th ed.), 73 and pp. 650-652, the Rules of the Oklahoma Republican Party (3a) and the Rules of the 1st Congressional District Republican Convention (VIII.E) the following occurred: After the Convention Chair ignored another point of order and threatened to eject Delegate David Tackett for making a point of order, Jake Peters addressed the Chair with a motion to remove the Convention Chair but the microphones had been turned off and the Chair did not recognize the motion. Jake Peters then addressed the Convention Delegates and made a motion to remove the Chair which was seconded and then adopted by the Convention body. However, the Convention Chair ignored the carried motion and continued to preside over the Convention. Jake Peters then called for nominations for a new Convention Chair from the Convention body. The body nominated Jake Peters and elected him unanimously but the previous Convention Chair ordered the Sergeant at Arms to eject Jake Peters further in violation of Robert's Rules requiring a majority vote by the assembly.
We, the undersigned
Standard YouTube License
- 5:19 Fox News: Ron Paul is much bigger than people knowby djgabrielpresentsFeatured 73,858
- 33:01 PROOF Oklahoma GOP Convention 5/12/12 ILLEGALLY ADJOURNED!!! Part 1/4by Caleb Palmquist 4,447 views
- 3:19 ©MSNBC- Rachel Maddow: GOP Contest Not Over for Ron Paul (RonPaulcom) *PLS SHARE!*by World2Awakens3 12,199 views
- 2:58 Violent OK GOP State Conventionby NewsODP 6,917 views
- 15:29 Ron Paul More GOP FRAUD in OK & AZ Delegate Processby DHundrethMonkee 3,202 views
- 2:38 Controversy at Nevada's Republican Conventionby djgabrielpresents 9,520 views
- 18:37 Ron Paul speaks at Nevada Convention 5-5-12by Patrick Kennedy 1,321 views
- 52:18 Oklahoma State GOP Convention EPIC FAILby SufferingInTruth 846 views
- 5:44 Ben Swann´s Reality Check: The Truth About Delegate Numbers In Iowa and Minnesota *MUST SEE!**by World2Awakens3 376 views
- 3:35 BREAKING: Oklahoma GOP Cheating Ron Paul In Delegate Processby matlarson10 10,601 views
- 3:07 Lawton, OK Tornado Timelapse- April 17, 2013by Wesley Luginbyhl 7,082 views
- 2:39 Romney Supporters attack Ron Paul Supporters at OK GOP Conventionby PSNy2kUK 18,164 views
- 9:40 Can the delegate vote help Ron Paul pull off an upset?by RTAmerica 7,015 views
- 13:28 TruthTV - OK County GOP Excludes RP Delegates, Supporters Fight Back and Win Majorityby TruthisTreasonNet 1,517 views
- 7:29 Judge Napolitano ~ IRS Controversy & Obamaby RonPaulCC2012 678 views
- 14:37 Georgia Republican 4th Congressional District Convention Delegate Fraud 4/14/12by FreedomDispatch 1,764 views
- 3:31 Oklahoma Republican Convention - May 12, 2012 in Normanby RichardVEngle 573 views
- 33:40 Ron Paul Delegate's Account of 2012 Nevada State Republican Conventionby GStolyarovII 2,228 views
- 5:16 PROTEJAMOS EL CORAZÓN - Asamblea de Distrito de los Testigos de Jehová - Puerto Ricoby Boanerge2010 19,628 views
- 4:55 People kicked out, lights turned off before Oklahoma GOP convention finishesby Tollie Williams 1,540 views
- Loading more suggestions...