MICHAEL JACKSON AND BROOKE SHIELDS-PUREST LOVE STORY(OF ALL THE THINGS)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 23, 2010
IF YOU WANT TO READ MORE ON THEIR LOVESTORY VISIT THIS SITE:
BROOKE INTERVIEW FEB/1993
10 February, Pre Oprah Show Interview
Oprah: She was the envy of all his female fans, especially when rumours broke out that they were a really hot item, Brooke Shields joins us by the crackling fire via satellite. Great to talk to you, Brooke, how are you doing?
Brooke: Fine, thank you.
Oprah: What makes Michael such a good friend, do you think?
Brooke: I think that his sensitivity, his honesty. I mean, as a friend, I've known him for so many years and what I feel is more important than anything...
Oprah: How many years?
Brooke: We were both about... I was 14, I think. And I think because we both grew up in the same business, I mean, it's similar upbringings in the sense that we had to begin in this business at a very young age. We we learned a sense of, we had defense mechanisms that we'd built up and once we met we realized we didn't really have to be wary of one another and that enabled us to build a friendship at a different level.
Oprah: Do the unfortunate comments and criticisms about him offend you? Do they upset you?
Brooke: They upset me constantly. I'm constantly upset at what people say. First of all, granted, you take everything with a grain of salt and there are many things sai about me that are unkind that I don't find pleasurable. But so many people really don't know him and don't give him a chance and are so ready to criticise. I think what happens is when you see genius, when you see a talent that is unstoppable and untouchable, the first reaction people have is to criticise it, because it threatens them, it scares them and to augment their own self worth, they have to belittle him. He's a sensitive human being and all this negativity bothers him and it upsets him.
Oprah: I want to know what the real deal is between the two of you. I'm not asking about now, but were you kind of, let's see, what's the word, were you kind of like... was there romance going on? Were you kind of romantically involved? Was there ever an excghange of rings or something?
Brooke: Well, let me say that right now, we're closer now, than we ever were. We love each other more now than when we even knew we did when we were younger. Because we had fun when we were younger, it was a sense of relief.
Oprah: Okay, so this is a question, do you have a crush on him or did he have a crush on you?
Brooke: I think we both had a crush -- and still do have a crush on each other. I mean, I think part of having a crush on someone is admiring them -- almost, we have a lot of fun together, it's almost unfortunate because we know each other so well. I mean, he just amazes me every time I sit down and talk to him.
Oprah: Does he feel more like a brother to you than a boyfriend though?
Brooke: It's hard to say. I mean, I find it's like love on a different level. I feel closer to him than some of the boyfriends that I've had. I mean, I feel more relaxed around him, more comfortable than I do. I mean, I've never really had a brother, so there is part of that. It's like a love on a very different level and whenever I try to explain it to people it's been misinterpreted. And it's a shame, because it hurts him too, when he feels that people misinterpret the way we feel about each other. And he did, he gave me the most incredibly beautiful ring that you could ever imagine. Of course, people built that out of proportion, they said we were engaged. It really wasn't really about that, it was a friendship ring. When he gave it to me, it was the most adorable thing, we hadn't really ever exchanged gifts before, and --
Oprah: Are you wearing it right now?
Brooke: No, I'm not
Brooke: I know! I'm sorry. 'Cause I'm working right now. That'll be it's own show, Oprah
Oprah: Well, you know he's doing his first interview tonight, what advice do you have for your close friend? What do you think of him doing this interview, do you think it's good?
Brooke: I think it's good because people need to hear him speak. And I think they will only be even more warmed by his presence, they will be more pleasantly surprised. I think a lot of what happens is people don't understand him because they have no real concept of who he is. They see him professionally and they've no idea who he is personally. Now, granted that's his prerogative, I think it's fine when people don't speak out in public if they don't feel like it. But I think it will only help him. Because the people who already love him will jsut love him more, those who don't think they love him will come away loving him. My advice to him is, which I've even told him personally, is just to be himself, because that is what people are going to love.
Oprah: I think you're right. Thank you, Brooke.
Standard YouTube License
- 10:00 Michael Jackson with Women...!by MichaelJacksonxxXxxFeatured 25,679
- 5:31 MICHAEL JACKSON AND BROOKE SHIELDS-GREATEST LOVE STORY(AFTER ALL THESE YEARS)by michaeljoseph58 16,426 views
- 5:02 MICHAEL JACKSON - BROOKE SHIELDS " TRUE LOVE LAST FOREVER"(WHATEVER HAPPENS)by michaeljoseph58 29,724 views
- 3:39 Michael Jackson And His Womenby It's all about ℒ.ℴ.ѵ.ℯ 73,681 views
- 9:09 DIANA ROSS INTERVIEW 1991 - THE KISS!by AIKAN74 99,215 views
- 4:21 Brooke Shields & Michael Jacksonby MJFan760 38,490 views
- 4:03 *Michael Jackson & Karen Faye Hanging Out In The Trailer*by youthgirl14 26,705 views
- 9:03 Michael Jackson and Diana Ross 3by DasTheWayWeLikeTLC2 85,638 views
- 49 videos Play all parti timeby christinel562
- 3:22 Brooke Shields- Interview With Oprahby chicsoccer1 11,838 views
- 6:16 Michael Jackson VERY EMOTIVE VIDEO, TO CRY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!by Laura Wendy Jean 287,652 views
- 3:53 michael jackson and brooke shields - liberian girlby starstar5555 3,003 views
- 3:05 Michael Jackson se fait coiffer par Karen Faye RARE 80'sby MyAudreySony 18,321 views
- 8:09 TV The Jackson Family Honors Michael Jackson Feb 22 1994by Donna Karina 399,990 views
- 0:57 Michael Jackson & Diana Ross at the Academy Awards 1980 (2)by The Official MJ Addicts Group 297,885 views
- 7:35 The View - Brooke Shields, Jeremy Renner [HD] PART 1 February 9, 2010by Keksplana 19,640 views
- 8:39 Brooke Shields' Speech at Michael Jackson funeralby mjacksonmemories 9,164 views
- 6:28 Michael Jackson interview with Brett Ratner 2by MiSsJdAtSeXcBiTcH 127,260 views
- 9:33 Michael Jackson Memorial ENDby My TV UK 34,086 views
- 2:39 Michael Jackson Flirts with Girls!!! Funnyby Diamond4life15 246,793 views
- 0:43 Michael Jackson and Brooke Shields 1993by karolinka39000 4,960 views
- Loading more suggestions...