How Evolution REALLY Works, Part I
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 21, 2007
Link to interactive evolution simulator:
How Evolution Works the GAME. A must see!!!
KevinPluck has turned this simulation into an interactive game. You are the predator and the squares evolve to avoid you eating them.
The world is full of misinformation.
Interesting how most of the Young Earth Creationists and people pushing Intelligent Design, clearly don't have an education in the biological sciences. Evolution is the product of Natural Selection AND Mutation. Either alone does nothing.
Evolution is the logical outcome of the world around us. Organisms that store their genetic information in DNA are guaranteed to have mutations. Mutations produce NEW variation. Reproducing organisms are guaranteed to compete for resources. Competition between variable organisms leads to natural selection, i.e. those organisms that possess variation that gives then an advantage will out compete those who don't. Organisms with deleterious variation will lose to all other organisms. In this way the ENVIRONMENT SELECTS the best organisms. This has the effect of passing beneficial mutations on to the next generation and removing deleterious ones. Over time natural selection will lead to a net shift in the genome of the population, i.e. evolution.
Yes, this really is evolution. Changes in allele frequency, changes in gene expression, and changes in transcription factor binding efficiency, they are all evolution.
Logic predicts evolution, and observation confirms it. Evolution has been observed in the lab and in nature. Speciation (macroevolution) has been observed in the lab and in nature. Large changes in appearance have been observed in the lab and in nature. Beneficial mutations have been observed in the lab and in nature.
CORRECTION: Some have noted that Evolution need not include Natural Selection, as genetic drift does result in evolution. I agree that genetic drift is evolution, and should stress that Natural Selection is just one mechanism for evolution.
Natural Selection + Random Mutation = Evolution
Genetic Drift + Random Mutation = Evolution
Both are true.
To see an example of how genetic drift can lead to a speciation event, i.e. macroevolution, check out an old video of mine
To deny evolution is to deny direct observation. It is as silly as denying that the sky is blue.
To download this video go to:
To download the code for the simulation go to:
To read the Dover Trial Transcript go to:
To see the evidence presented in the trial go to:
If you wish to translate this video you can download the PowerPoint file from:
Learn the facts, spread the truth, and most importantly, Think About It.
Standard YouTube License
- 9:53 How Evolution REALLY Works, Part IIby cdk00736,283 views
- 26:56 Richard Dawkins on Evolution [FULL]by AllanGregg249,111 views
- 1:19 Whales evolutionby Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa768,728 views
- 2:54:34 Aronra The Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism -- Complete Seriesby ChristopherHitchslap104,738 views
- 4:28:25 FULL Why Do People Laugh at Creationists By: Thunderf00tby ChristopherHitchslap203,501 views
- 9:48 Evolution IS a Blind Watchmakerby cdk007569,429 views
- 2:06 How To prove Evolution is Fakeby NeedToServeJesus584,782 views
- 92 videos Play all Scienceby Bob06460
- 2:21:25 Creation / Evolution Debate 19 - Three on One! - Dr. Hovind vs 3 Embry-Riddle University Professorsby slaves4christ44,738 views
- 2:43 Evolution for ID-iotsby Thunderf00t95,553 views
- 9:52 How Evolution Works Part 3- DNAby DonExodus238,785 views
- 8:53 What is Evolution?by Stated Clearly184,545 views
- 1:33:42 The God Delusionby ScientificUnity583,743 views
- 56:20 'The Evolution of Confusion' by Dan Dennett, AAI 2009by Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science261,439 views
- 10:00 The Origin of Life - Abiogenesis - Dr. Jack Szostakby cdk007607,694 views
- 9:55 How Evolution Works Part 4- Mutationsby DonExodus235,834 views
- 10:01 Proof of Evolution - Part 2 (Summation)by DonExodus2106,209 views
- 7:02 Whale evolutionby Faidros86130,489 views
- 57:11 'Why Evolution Is True' by Jerry Coyne, AAI 2009by Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science174,986 views
- 10:00 Как эволюция работает на самом деле/ How evolution really works (by cdk007)by Azureim45,316 views