This video is unavailable.
How Evolution REALLY Works, Part I
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 21, 2007
Link to interactive evolution simulator:
How Evolution Works the GAME. A must see!!!
KevinPluck has turned this simulation into an interactive game. You are the predator and the squares evolve to avoid you eating them.
The world is full of misinformation.
Interesting how most of the Young Earth Creationists and people pushing Intelligent Design, clearly don't have an education in the biological sciences. Evolution is the product of Natural Selection AND Mutation. Either alone does nothing.
Evolution is the logical outcome of the world around us. Organisms that store their genetic information in DNA are guaranteed to have mutations. Mutations produce NEW variation. Reproducing organisms are guaranteed to compete for resources. Competition between variable organisms leads to natural selection, i.e. those organisms that possess variation that gives then an advantage will out compete those who don't. Organisms with deleterious variation will lose to all other organisms. In this way the ENVIRONMENT SELECTS the best organisms. This has the effect of passing beneficial mutations on to the next generation and removing deleterious ones. Over time natural selection will lead to a net shift in the genome of the population, i.e. evolution.
Yes, this really is evolution. Changes in allele frequency, changes in gene expression, and changes in transcription factor binding efficiency, they are all evolution.
Logic predicts evolution, and observation confirms it. Evolution has been observed in the lab and in nature. Speciation (macroevolution) has been observed in the lab and in nature. Large changes in appearance have been observed in the lab and in nature. Beneficial mutations have been observed in the lab and in nature.
CORRECTION: Some have noted that Evolution need not include Natural Selection, as genetic drift does result in evolution. I agree that genetic drift is evolution, and should stress that Natural Selection is just one mechanism for evolution.
Natural Selection + Random Mutation = Evolution
Genetic Drift + Random Mutation = Evolution
Both are true.
To see an example of how genetic drift can lead to a speciation event, i.e. macroevolution, check out an old video of mine
To deny evolution is to deny direct observation. It is as silly as denying that the sky is blue.
To download this video go to:
To download the code for the simulation go to:
To read the Dover Trial Transcript go to:
To see the evidence presented in the trial go to:
If you wish to translate this video you can download the PowerPoint file from:
Learn the facts, spread the truth, and most importantly, Think About It.
Standard YouTube License
- 9:53 How Evolution REALLY Works, Part IIby cdk007 35,716 views
- 9:59 Tree Evolution Simulationby Zongyi Yang 25,931 views
- 2:05 Peanut Butter, The Atheist's Nightmare!by areyoustilllistening 2,124,141 views
- 26:56 Richard Dawkins on Evolution [FULL]by AllanGregg 222,870 views
- 1:19 Whales evolutionby tepapamuseum 688,396 views
- 57:11 'Why Evolution Is True' by Jerry Coyne, AAI 2009by Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science 164,278 views
- 3:25 Human Evolutionby CeeSee7 365,118 views
- 56:20 'The Evolution of Confusion' by Dan Dennett, AAI 2009by Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science 245,147 views
- 10:58 Special Investigation - Evolutionby NonStampCollector 248,799 views
- 7:56 Human Evolution: The Evidenceby friendofdarwin 200,107 views
- 5:49 Evolution In 5 Minutesby latinfurgol 443,706 views
- 1:57:17 Ken Miller on Intelligent Designby theblur 889,238 views
- 1:28:21 Mermaids like Reptilians are Real? (A result of evolution?)by michaelnew1962 77,962 views
- 1:06:43 Richard Dawkins Interviews Creationist Wendy Wright (Complete)by CIIReligion 271,953 views
- 5:06 Evolution of Simulated Snake-like Robotby Ivan Tanev 40,406 views
- 9:59 8 -- Human Evolution Made Easyby potholer54 209,481 views
- 7:27 Richard Dawkins Destroys The 10 Commandmentsby WeLoveAtheism 10,059 views
- 9:48 Evolution IS a Blind Watchmakerby cdk007 555,294 views
- 4:00 AI Fish Evolution Simulation - A HTML5 Experimentby NixuzE 16,392 views
- 15:27 Richard Dawkins & Ricky Gervais on Religionby adf1994 618,806 views
- Loading more suggestions...