The Evolution of the Flagellum
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 6, 2006
BEHE CONCEDES IC SYSTEMS CAN EVOLVE
Here I present a theory first published in 2003 by Nicholas Matzke. For more details one can view his work at
This theory is derived from a wealth of data regarding protein homologies. It shows that a fully functional flagellum could evolve through multiple functional intermediates. Each step involves the modification of only a single protein. For more discussion on the actual proteins involved and their homologues see the link above.
When ID proponents ask what good is half a flagellum, well, ¾ a flagellum is good for dispersion, ½ a flagellum is good for attachment to substrates, ¼ a flagellum is good for regulated protein secretion.
This model based on a wealth of evidence shows that the flagellum could evolve. Since 2003 many experiments have confirmed what initially were only predictions or weak assumptions. Still, many fine details remain to be worked out regarding function, not origin. For example, how does the ATP synthase derived components impart the motion of active transport, or how does the Tol-Pal derived components actually spine the flagellum.
Behe in the Dover trial concedes that Irreducibly Complex systems can evolve.
Lawyer -- "You say, Even if a system is irreducibly complex
and thus could not have been produced directly, however,
one cannot definitively rule out the possibility of an
indirect, circuitous route, right?
Behe -- "Yes."
Lawyer -- "And by indirect, you mean evolution from a
pre-cursor with a different function than the system
Behe -- "Yes, different function, perhaps different number
of parts, and so on."
To be fair, however, Behe claims that at a certain point of complexity an indirect route is impossible. But he gives no evidence to support this caveat.
To download this video go to:
If you wish to translate this video you can download the PowerPoint file from:
Learn the facts, spread the truth, and most importantly, Think About It.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Peace Of Mind" on
- 9:00 Kirk Cameron gets Owned. Evolution is a myth!by PotheadPunditFeatured 1,114,717
- 6:59 Colbert makes bill O'Reilly mad on his own Show. 11807.flvby Ramble1212 3,853,253 views
- 4:22 How To Shut Up Pesky Creationistsby pariskillton 1,266,840 views
- 5:30 Atheist now accepts Intelligent Designby potholer54 192,744 views
- 2:50 Sarah Palin on Abortion and Evolutionby tpmtv 1,517,003 views
- 8:00 Top 10 List Why Anti-Evolutionists are WRONGby cdk007 115,979 views
- 56 videos Play all Evolutionby ProcInc
- Flagellum 569 videos12
- 9:57 Scientists presents Proof of Intelligent Design ! Charles Darwin - Origin of Species - Evolution Disproved, Refuted by Biologists and Scientists from Cambridge, Chicago, Munich universities ! Creation proved by Scientists ! Part 3 / 7by VipChannel 61,215 views
- 6:41 Another Proof Of God: Irreducible Complexity & The Bacterial Flagellum - The Atheist Experience #600by TheAtheistExperience 23,614 views
- 9:59 8 -- Human Evolution Made Easyby potholer54 208,483 views
- 26:56 Richard Dawkins on Evolution [FULL]by AllanGregg 217,288 views
- 9:48 Evolution IS a Blind Watchmakerby cdk007 553,158 views
- 4:10 Richard Dawkins - Evolution from bacteria to apesby ft790 71,393 views
- 3:05 The Flagellum Motor - A Self-Assembling Nanomachineby Dave Flang 34,000 views
- 10:00 List of Scientists Rejecting Evolution- Do they really?by DonExodus2 106,482 views
- 0:30 Irrefutable Evidence of Intelligent Design!by AtheistAltar 11,943 views
- 1:29:55 Creation / Evolution Debate on the Fossil Record - Dr. Don Patton vs John Blantonby slaves4christ 4,123 views
- 8:09 Lets Test Them: Evolution vs. Creationismby DonExodus2 857,605 views
- 2:33 Evidence for Evolution, Part Iby cdk007 116,726 views
- 6:06 Irreducible Complexity: The Eye Could Not Have Evolvedby FFreeThinker 37,228 views
- 1:19 Whales evolutionby tepapamuseum 645,293 views
- Loading more suggestions...