O'Reilly Webcast: Strata Rx Privacy Concerns Personalized Medicine
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Oct 8, 2012
Overview of Privacy Concerns and Regulatory Challenges Concerning Personalized Medicine — and Some Modest Suggestions for Change
This talk will outline major concerns and questions regarding privacy and ethics in the rapidly developing personalized medicine field. In addition to pondering how technology is outpacing law, we will focus on specific privacy legal provisions that pose barriers to genetic research and data utility today. We will offer some specific and practical suggestions for how regulatory obstacles to personalized medicine research could be eased.
About Ann Waldo
Ann Waldo is a partner in the boutique law and public policy firm of Wittie, Letsche & Waldo, LLP in Washington, DC. She graduated from the University of North Carolina School of Law with high honors and is a Certified Information Privacy Professional. Her law practice focuses on consumer and health-related privacy, information security, and health care reform issues. She also handles public policy, external relations, and government relations regarding privacy and health care. She has particular interest in emerging technologies that handle sensitive health information, such as personal health records, health data companies, social and mobile health, and health information exchanges.
Ann was previously the global Chief Privacy Officer for Lenovo and the Chief Privacy Officer for Hoffmann-La Roche. She worked in public policy for GlaxoSmithKline and served as in-house counsel at IBM, working on consumer protection, marketing, and e-business. She is active in the International Association of Privacy Professionals, has consulted with foreign governments regarding privacy laws, and has represented the United States government in APEC privacy talks in Korea and Australia. She serves on the Board of Advisors for the Harvard SHARP grant on substitutable electronic health record components.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:25 Perry Krug interviewed at Strata London 2012by OreillyMedia172 views
- 25:14 O'Reilly Webcast: Strata Rx OLC Arijit Sengupta Advanced Analytics for Allby OreillyMedia221 views
- 1:10:03 O'Reilly Webcast: Data Modeling for Google App Engine using Python and ndbby OreillyMedia2,565 views
- 11:59 O'Reilly Webcast: Strata Rx OLC Discovering Genetic Associations on Large Databy OreillyMedia148 views
- 59:56 The Advent of Personalized Genomic Medicineby Yvonne Stapp200 views
- 52:29 How to do your own public relations (PR) from World's Longest Webinarby Steve Bustin176 views
- 3:09:15 Big Brother, Big Data & Big Business: What You Need to Know About the Latest Privacy Lawsby Jonathan Ezor138 views
- 32:03 The Future of Personalized Medicineby HMGCatMCW848 views
- 23:18 Panel 3: Ethical and privacy issues around creative uses of Big Databy CreativityMarketingC206 views
- 17:13 Better for kids than an iPad: LeapPad 2by Robert Scoble31,483 views
- 37:07 Role of Public Relations in providing Quality Healthcareby MAHESWAR SATPATHY347 views
- 1:17:14 Wendell Potter - Deadly Spin: How PR Is Killing Health Care and Undermining Democracyby Forum Network350 views
- 51:22 Peter Lynch Fidelity Investmentsby Axiomax10034,697 views
- 1:47:32 Genomics and Personalized Medicineby StanfordUniversity15,125 views
- 50:04 Personalized Medicineby The Agenda with Steve Paikin3,538 views
- 18:11 Forget what you know: Jacob Barnett at TEDxTeenby TEDxTalks2,339,628 views
- 8:53 Big Data and Predictive Analytics for Personalized Medicineby Entelossolutions142 views
- 1:03:23 Dan Roden: "Genomes, Hype, and a Realistic Pathway to Personalized Medicine"by VanderbiltUniversity289 views
- 5:05 OAIC advice for healthcare providers on eHealth responsibilitiesby OAICgov163 views
- 31:19 What is Hadoop? Other big data terms like MapReduce? Cloudera's CEO talks us through big data trendsby Robert Scoble148,698 views
- Loading more suggestions...