Building an Accent Bench, Part 1: Frame Assemblies
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 19, 2011
Building an accent bench can enhance any outdoor area. In this video we still building the two end frames along with the front and back frame to create the bench base. Before putting everything together, cut all pieces to length on the miter saw. Once the rails and stiles are cut, label them so you use them correctly.
Start with the end frames. Attach the end rails to the end stiles with glue and pocket hole screws. The top of the upper end rail should be flush with the top of the end stiles, and the bottom edge of the lower end rail should be 2 inches above the bottom of the end stiles. Using a router fitted with a 1/4 inch rabbeting bit, cut a 1/4 inch deep rabbet along the interior back perimeter of each end frame. Use a chisel to square the rounded portions of the rabet at each corner. Scribe to fit each end panel and attach with glue and brads.
Next, you can build the front frame with the same steps as the end frames. The top of the upper front rails will be 6 inches from the top of the front stiles. The bottom edge of the lower front rail should be 2 inches above the bottom of the front stiles.
The back frame is built much like the end frames and the front frame. The only change is that the top of the upper back rail should be 3/4 inch down from the top of the back stiles. Also, the middle back rail should be 16 1/4 down from the top of the back stiles, and the bottom edge of the lower back rail should be 2 inches from the bottom of the back stiles. Next, cut a 1/4 inch deep rabbet along the interior back perimeter of the back frame assembly. Finally, attach the back panels with brads.
To watch how to add the back slats, assemble the base and add bottom supports, continue watching at http://www.Lowes.com/ShopClass
Also, for detailed, written instructions for the accent bench project, visit http://www.lowescreativeideas.com/ide...
Subscribe to Lowe's YouTube for great how to videos and home improvement tips: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c...
Or head to our channel: http://www.youtube.com/Lowes
Standard YouTube License
Next in How to Build an Accent Bench
- 5:49 Storage Chest Part 1: End and Front/Back Assembliesby Lowe's Home Improvement54,383 views
- 2:39 Building an Accent Bench, Part 4: Doors & Finishby Lowe's Home Improvement22,949 views
- 2:29 Building an Accent Bench, Part 3: Bottom, Dividers, Seat, Armsby Lowe's Home Improvement59,803 views
- 2:46 How to Build a Pub Table and Stools, Part 1: Table Legsby Lowe's Home Improvement46,178 views
- 2:15 How to Build a Clothes Hamper, Part 3: Bottom, Back, Hinge Board & Lidby Lowe's Home Improvement39,839 views
- 4:10 How to Build a Garden Bench Part 1: The Back Assemblyby Lowe's Home Improvement43,098 views
- 1:13 Building an Accent Bench Introductionby Lowe's Home Improvement29,928 views
- 2:24 How to Build a Clothes Hamper, Part 1: Frame Assemblyby Lowe's Home Improvement36,610 views
- 3:11 How to Build a Coffee Table, Part 4: Stool Lids & Finishing Touchesby Lowe's Home Improvement72,588 views
- 2:17 How to Build an Accent Table, Part 1: Table Baseby Lowe's Home Improvement37,273 views
- 3:41 Wood Fence Installation Tips: Installing Posts and Picketsby Lowe's Home Improvement426,673 views
- 3:12 How to Build an Entertaining Cart Part 3: Cart Assemblyby Lowe's Home Improvement13,409 views
- 2:16 How to Build a Clothes Hamper, Part 2: Lath Constructionby Lowe's Home Improvement26,690 views
- 2:24 How to Build a Coffee Table, Part 2: Table Leg Assemblyby Lowe's Home Improvement51,626 views
- 2:11 How to Build a Clothes Hamper, Part 4: Finish & Assemblyby Lowe's Home Improvement18,951 views
- 3:18 Garden Gate and Fence Part 4 - Building the Gate and Finishingby Lowe's Home Improvement103,330 views
- 3:11 How to Build a Deck Storage Box Part 2: Add Cladding and Trimby Lowe's Home Improvement92,734 views
- 3:13 Garden Gate and Fence Part 2 - Building an Arborby Lowe's Home Improvement45,552 views
- 2:31 How to Laminateby Lowe's Home Improvement128,622 views