The Comedy of Errors promo
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 11, 2011
Please see REVISED SCHEDULE at www.emeraldpig.ca Due to rain, Thursday July 14th and Friday July 15th performances have been cancelled, but a second show has been added on Sunday July 17 in Pitt Meadows.
Emerald Pig Theatrical Society proudly presents Bard on the Bandstand 2011: The Comedy of Errors. July 14-17 in Pitt Meadows and July 21-24 in Maple Ridge. And it's FREE!!!! Just bring a donation for the food bank and enjoy Shakespeare in the park like you've never seen it before!
The Comedy of Errors is a story of 2 hostile cities, 2 sets of twins and many mistaken identities. The play opens with Aegeon, a merchant of Syracuse, arrested and condemned to death in Ephesus and brought before Solinus, the Duke of Ephesus. He tells the story of how he was separated from his wife, Aemilia, one of his twin sons, later Antipholus of Ephesus, and the son's servant, Dromio of Ephesus, in a shipwreck many years ago. The other servant's twin, Dromio of Syracuse, and Aegeon's remaining son, Antipholus of Syracuse, remained with Aegeon. When he came of age, Antipholus of Syracuse went search of his lost brother, but when he didn't return, Aegeon set out after him. The details of Aegeon's story move Solinus to pity, and he grants a reprieve until nightfall, by which time one thousand marks must be raised. Meanwhile, Antipholus of Syracuse arrives in Ephesus with his servant, where Antipholus's twin brother, together with his wife Adriana and the twin servant reside. Confusion mounts upon confusion: Antipholus of Syracuse abuses Dromio of Ephesus for nagging him to go home for dinner; Adriana locks her real husband out of their home because she takes the Syracusan twin for the Ephesian; Antipholus of Ephesus refuses to pay for a gold chain he had ordered (it was delivered to his brother) and so is arrested. As the situation grows more and more bewildering with everyone certain that everyone else is totally mad, the moment for Aegeon's execution is quickly approaching. Antipholus of Ephesus pleads to the Duke to pardon him. Aegeon sees his son, Antipholus of Ephesus, as a last minute saviour, but is of course not recognized by him. In the end, the Syracusan twins emerge from an abbey where they had taken refuge with the Abbess, and the complications are all resolved.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:28 The Comedy Of Errorsby LuckySeanFeatured 4,384
- 7:16 Best of Anne performed April 2011by Rachel Renaud 266 views
- 2:57 Bard on the Bandstand: As You Like Itby Sharon Malone 180 views
- 9:14 Comedy Of Errors Act I Scene 1by rohbear3 1,942 views
- 3:13 Tempest Banquet.m4vby Sharon Malone 96 views
- 9:59 Comedy of Errors 01by nanavaga 369 views
- 1:40 The Story of "The Comedy of Errors"by MaineStage Shakespeare 358 views
- 14:00 The Comedy or Errors, part 5 of 8by TitaniaQueenOfFairie 7,927 views
- 9:53 The Flying Karamazov Brothers - The Comedy of Errorsby svsugvcarter 24,120 views
- 5:13 Vermont Shakespeare Company - The Comedy of Errors - 2008by minky1968 400 views
- 5:08 Dromio of Ephesus in "The Comedy of Errors" Act 1 Scene 2 and Act 2 Scene 1by Luke Lewis 1,984 views
- 5:19 Shakespeare - Aegeon, Comedy of Errors - Act I scene iby Shakespeare50 2,352 views
- 14:00 The Comedy or Errors, part 1 of 8by TitaniaQueenOfFairie 25,323 views
- 3:16 The Comedy of Errors Part 1by newsnbs 697 views
- 12:50 The Comedy of Errors: Act III Scene Iby cassiopeiaJS 48 views
- 2:51 Shakespearean Monologueby thespiangirl01 2,243 views
- 5:09 "I see two husbands!" Comedy of Errors final scene WARNING SPOILER ALERT!by Golfers4LiberTea 486 views
- 3:36 Act V: Antipholus of Ephesus's Storyby Sonya Richards 188 views
- 2:42 Jared Zirilli- Shakespeare Monologuesby Jared Zirilli 7,907 views
- 6:15 Gay Acceptance PSA provided by Oak Park High School, CAby 1953rlmac . 650 views
- Loading more suggestions...