Man With Knife At The Today Show ACTUAL FOOTAGE 06/06/2013
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 6, 2013
Fan cell phone video of man being taken down by security. Prior to 8 am June 6 , 2013. Was he paid by NBC in a desperate attempt to boost ratings? False flag? Dude cut off his three fingers in public with a meat cleaver in 1995. Just bat shit crazy.
A tortured soul who slashed his wrists in front of a horrified crowd watching the "Today" show outside Rockefeller Center Thursday said he committed this "desperate act" to get back at the IRS and others who robbed him.Pak, 76, said he emigrated from China to New York in 1948 and made a million dollars buying stocks with money made from running a grocery store and working as a waiter. He claimed TD Ameritrade and Scottrade helped the IRS plunder his funds and he had proof back at his apartment.
"I had to do something desperate to fight the corruption, fight the IRS," Pak Chong Mar told a Daily News reporter as he lay on a hospital gurney at Bellevue Hospital. "They are so powerful."
Bandages on his right hand and left wrist, blood spattered on his dark jeans, the Queens man gave a rambling statement about how he was done wrong just a couple of hours after the midtown mayhem. While Pak spoke, his wife and grown daughter sat silently nearby.
"I need people to help me fight for justice," Pak said. "If I don't do something drastic, sooner or later these guys are going to kill me anyway. I couldn't even pay rent this month."
Pak pleaded with the reporter for help and promised him a $50,000 cut if he got his money back. But when asked about the three fingers missing from his left hand, Pak abruptly said, "That's a long story."
According to police, back in August 1995, Pak used a meat cleaver to methodically chop off the pinky, ring finger and middle finger of his left hand — then he tossed each digit into the crowd gathered for the Hong Kong Dragon Board Festival in Flushing, Queens.Pak was carrying letters protesting his eviction from his Brooklyn apartment at the time.
When Pak arrived at NBC headquarters shortly before 8 a.m. Thursday, he was wearing a grubby gray T-shirt and a white baseball cap — and carrying another sheaf of documents.
"The IRS ruined my life!" he hollered, witnesses said. "I'm not a freeloader!"
Pak also yelled something about "peppermint tea" and then thrust the papers at the tourists inside the barricaded area where they had been watching Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie and Al Roker perform in their glass-walled studio.Pak was knocked off his feet — and into a puddle of his own blood, witnesses said.
"It happened really fast — and then he was down," said 21-year-old Jossie Edwards, a tourist from Easley, S.C.
Pak is unlikely to be charged with a crime because he didn't hurt anyone but himself, sources said.
Also, Pak's gory stunt was not televised and the on-air "Today" crew wasn't made aware of the drama developing outside their window until after it was over
Standard YouTube License
- 20:30 Jadakiss at The Breakfast Club - Power 105.1by Official Power 105.1 - Breakfast Club388,444 views
- 3:47 HOW TO INTERVIEW VINCE VAUGHNby dailygrace394,007 views
- 9:01 GYM TIMEby BFvsGF835,660 views
- 1:40 George R. R. Martin Watches "Red Wedding" Reaction Videos - CONAN on TBSby Team Coco2,217,207 views
- 7:00 Fifth Harmony - Miss Movin' On / Me & My Girls (Today Show Performance)by Luís Labrador25,637 views
- 1:35 Matt Cordle Pleaded Not Guilty After He Confessed Online to Drunken Drivingby ABC News12,082 views
- 1:15:28 Pat From Moonachie BEST OF!by Frrrrrrrrunkis1,594 views
- 3:40 How To Pass a Drug Test Prankby Ownage Pranks579,972 views
- 14:51 TODAY's Funniest Moments Of 2012 Compilationby MCoolfish12,682 views
- 1:24 This Lady Is Gonna Get Pitbulls Banned : Arrested After Letting Her Dogs Loose On News Reporter!by WorIdStarVideos596,776 views
- 4:40 NYPD officers shoot man waving butcher's knife on Times Squareby imskard100,668 views
- 4:09 Paul Ryan responds to liberal congressman.by TBecketAdams368,907 views
- 10:12 today show morning of 11 september 2001by wesawthat153,943 views
- 5:52 Best New Knife Sharpener! Worksharp Ken Onion Edition Blade Show 2013 by Equip 2 Endureby Equip 2 Endure LLC34,038 views
- 5:41 Chris Brown talks Rihanna assault on Today Show 2013by Courpastruce608,424 views
- 4:54 Fifth Harmony performing Better Together on the Today Show. (HD)by Fifth Harmony News97,095 views
- 6:04 Sarah Palin One-On-One With Matt Lauer on Obamacare Rollout Debacle - Today Show - 11-11-13by RightSightings88,004 views
- 3:42 NBC fallout after Ann Curryby HLN57,172 views
- 6:18 The Willis Clan on TODAYby nashvillianman4,220 views
- 7:00 [HD] Fifth Harmony - Miss Movin' On & Me & My Girls - Today Show 7-18-13by AwesomeArtistsLive2484,966 views
- Loading more suggestions...