Uploaded on Feb 27, 2012
Watch more of Lauren B.'s ED Recovery videos on her PERSONAL CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/lbersaglio
--This is a Libero Network vBlog - visit: http://www.liberonetwork.com to find out more--
FOLLOW ON Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/liberonetwork
Here are the types of EDs I talk about (definitions from http://www.nedic.ca):
1. Anorexia Nervosa - obsessing with controlling food intake.
2. Bulimia Nervosa - Cycles of bingeing and purging driven by a desire to regulate feelings and worries and control body weight and shape. Purging can be: vomiting, intake of laxatives, enemas or diuretics, over exercises, restricting.
3. Binge Eating Disorder - eating excessive amounts of food at one time in order to make up for long periods of restricting/dieting AND/OR to comfort one's self or numb feelings
4. Anorexia Athletica - a condition where one over-exercises because he/she believes this will control his/her body and given him/her a sense of power, control and self-respect. (usually includes restricting food as well)
5. Orthorexia - a cluster of food and weight related symptoms such as eating only 'healthy' foods, relying only on 'natural' foods and products (including when treating illness), and finding more pleasure in eating 'correctly' than in simply eating.
6. Night-Eating Syndrome - limiting eating during the day (restricting) and then compensating (by overeating) at night.