Media Slams Obama For Lies In Ad - Dos Caras
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 20, 2008
Media slams Obama for several untruths in his ad called "Dos Caras".
Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., has launched a new Spanish-language TV ad that seeks to paint Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., as anti-immigrant, even tying the Republican to his longtime conservative talk-radio nemesis Rush Limbaugh.
As first reported by the Washington Post, Obama's ad features a narrator saying: "They want us to forget the insults weve put up withthe intolerancethey made us feel marginalized in this country we love so much."
The screen then shows these two quotes from Limbaugh:
stupid and unskilled Mexicans
"You shut your mouth or you get out!
The narrator then says, John McCain and his Republican friends have two faces. One that says lies just to get our voteand another, even worse, that continues the policies of George Bush that put special interests ahead of working families. John McCainmore of the same old Republican tricks.
There are some real factual problems with this ad, which is titled Dos Caras, or two faces.
First of all, tying Sen. McCain especially on the issue of immigration reform to Limbaugh is unfair.
Limbaugh opposed McCain on that issue. Vociferously. And in a larger sense, its unfair to link McCain to Limbaugh on a host of issues since Limbaugh, as any even occasional listener of his knows, doesnt particularly care for McCain.
Second, the quotes of Limbaughs are out of context.
Railing against NAFTA in 1993, Limbaugh said, "If you are unskilled and uneducated, your job is going south. Skilled workers, educated people are going to do fine 'cause those are the kinds of jobs NAFTA is going to create. If we are going to start rewarding no skills and stupid people, I'm serious, let the unskilled jobs that take absolutely no knowledge whatsoever to do -- let stupid and unskilled Mexicans do that work."
Not one of his most eloquent moments, to be sure, but his larger point was that NAFTA would mean that unskilled stupid Mexicans would be doing the jobs of unskilled stupid Americans.
Im not going to defend how he said it, but to act as if this was just a moment of Limbaugh slurring Mexicans is not accurate. Though again, certainly if people were offended I could understand why.
The second quote is totally unfair. In 2006, Limbaugh was mocking Mexican law, and he wrote:
Everybody's making immigration proposals these days. Let me add mine to the mix. Call it The Limbaugh Laws:
First: If you immigrate to our country, you have to speak the native language. You have to be a professional or an investor; no unskilled workers allowed. Also, there will be no special bilingual programs in the schools with the Limbaugh Laws. No special ballots for elections. No government business will be conducted in your language. Foreigners will not have the right to vote or hold political office.
If you're in our country, you cannot be a burden to taxpayers. You are not entitled to welfare, food stamps, or other government goodies. You can come if you invest here: an amount equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage. If not, stay home. But if you want to buy land, it'll be restricted. No waterfront, for instance. As a foreigner, you must relinquish individual rights to the property.
And another thing: You don't have the right to protest. You're allowed no demonstrations, no foreign flag waving, no political organizing, no bad-mouthing our President or his policies. You're a foreigner: shut your mouth or get out! And if you come here illegally, you're going to jail.
You think the Limbaugh Laws are harsh? Well, every one of the laws I just mentioned are actual laws of Mexico today! That' how the Mexican government handles immigrants to their country."
Standard YouTube License
- 7:58 Limbaugh Compares Obama to Hitler Again (and Again)by The Young Turks Featured 121,521
- 12:55 Rush Limbaugh Interviews Donald Trump April 15,2011by CafeNetAmerica1,813 views
- 10:34 Rush Limbaugh - Today Show (Part 1 of 2)by LandofDaFree86,232 views
- 0:43 Democrat Erskine Bowles praises Paul Ryan And His Budget Planby CafeNetAmerica3,442 views
- 14:55 Obama parternering with Mexico food stamps programby PATRIOTROOSTER502 views
- 6:25 HATE Michelle Obama?! You'll LOVE THIS! Secrets Revealed!!by tomm2thumbs825,441 views
- 8:52 Rush: Does Romney Have A Chance To Win? Obama Is Going To Lose In A Landslide.by DailyRushbo26,846 views
- 4:31 President Obama Mourns the Death of Nelson Mandelaby WSJDigitalNetwork24,186 views
- 5:56 Rush Limbaugh Silenced by Callerby The Young Turks439,597 views
- 11:00 House Of Lies: How Congress Failed To Protect Our Economy. Obama Bombshellby TheMouthPeace186,675 views
- 2:56 Barack Obama lies About His Ties to the CFR and NAU. TubeTruthers.com!by Truthzonetvcom76,924 views
- 8:12 Rush Limbaugh with William Shatnerby LandofDaFree250,305 views
- 5:15 Barack Obama Lies To Americaby ivanleonari538,587 views
- 10:00 Obama, Which One Did You Vote For?by TheB3e157,034 views
- 5:51 Rush Limbaugh: "Jesse Jackson Is Right!"by RushLimbaughFan33,527 views
- 8:26 After Bush Tax Cuts- Rich Pay More Taxesby RushLimbaughFan3,738 views
- 3:45 Factcheck.org CAUGHT BARACK OBAMA LYING!by barackobamaLIED112,905 views
- 5:43 epic rap battles of history/Barack Obama vs. Mitt Romney/Darth Vader vs. Adolf Hitler(HD)by tony ryan141,313 views
- 3:19 The True Meaning Of Thanksgivingby CafeNetAmerica679 views
- 7:55 Michael Reagan On The 2012 Republican Candidatesby CafeNetAmerica233 views
- Loading more suggestions...