Uploaded on Oct 6, 2011
(Reidsville, NC) -- The Reidsville City Council held their regular scheduled meeting on Wednesday, September 14, 2011, at Reidsville City Hall.
Activity of the Reidsville City Council:
• The council issued a proclamation recognizing the week of October 1-8, 2011 as "Rockingham County Big Sweep Week" in the City of Reidsville.
• Mayor James Festerman also recognized members of the Reidsville Fire Department for the 9/11 Remembrance Service that was held at Market Square on September 11, 2011, on the 10th Anniversary of the terrorist attacks in New York City, Washington, D.C. and in Shanksville, P.A..
• City Clerk Angela Stadler was also recognized by Mayor Festerman for being named as Clerk of the Year, by the North Carolina Municipal Clerks Association (NCMCA).
• The Council voted on three public hearings, this first was a rezoning request to rezone 1060 N. Scales St. from Residential-6 to Conditional Use Office & Institutional and the issuance of a Conditional Use Permit for the operation of a Group Home and Office.
The second public hearing was the Consideration of a text amendment to insert wording whereby the Planning Board and City Council will take into consideration whether an applicant has abided by the terms of the Ordinance.
and the third public hearing was for the Consideration of a request for a Special Use Permit to operate a Internet Sweepstakes Cafe at 1611 Way Street. The Reidsville Planning Board had recommended denial of this request.
• City Manager Michael Pearce gave the Council an update on the status of Lake Reidsville and the efforts being taken to address discoloration of the city water.
• A discussion was held on the City of Reidsville Joining the Reidsville Chamber of Commerce
• The Council Discussed and voted to vacate and board a home located at 330 Irvin Street, which has been in violation of the Minimum Housing Code. The home was being occupied at the time by the owner Charles Norton, who appeared before the council to ask for more time to enact repairs to the structure.
• Consideration of a one-time contribution, in the amount of $35,329 for pool improvements was granted to the Reidsville Family YMCA.
The above actions and more, including the approval of a contribution to DRBA, and the approval of USDA Revolving Loan Application to the Celtic Fringe, along with Public Comments can be seen in the Above video from the meeting.
Standard YouTube License