Get Rich or Die Trying - Making Money on the Web the black hat way
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 10, 2009
Forget Cross-Site Scripting. Forget SQL Injection. If you want to make some serious cash on the Web silently and surreptitiously, you dont need them. You also dont need noisy scanners, sophisticated proxies, 0-days, or ninja level reverse engineering skills -- all you need is a Web browser, a clue on what to look for, and a few black hat tricks. Generating affiliate advertising revenue from the Website traffic of others, trade stock using corporation information passively gleaned, inhibit the online purchase of sought after items creating artificial scarcity, and so much more. Activities not technically illegal, only violating terms of service.
You may have heard these referred to as business logic flaws, but that name really doesnt do them justice. It sounds so academic and benign in that context when the truth is anything but. These are not the same ol Web hacker attack techniques everyone is familiar with, but the one staring you in the face and missed because gaming a system and making money this way couldnt be that simple. Plus IDS cant detect them and Web application firewalls cant black them. If fact, these types of attacks are so hard to detect (if anyone is actually trying) we arent even sure how widespread their use actually is. Time to pull back the cover and expose whats possible.
Jeremiah Grossman is the founder and CTO of WhiteHat Security, considered a world-renowned expert in Web security, co-founder of the Web Application Security Consortium, and named to InfoWorld's Top 25 CTOs for 2007. Mr. Grossman is a frequent speaker at major industry events around the globe, a Black Hat veteran, and has been invited to present at a number of large universities. He has authored dozens of articles and white papers; is credited with the discovery of many cutting-edge attack and defensive techniques; and is a co-author of XSS Attacks. Mr. Grossman is frequently quoted in major media publications such as InfoWorld, USA Today, PCWorld, Dark Reading, SC Magazine, SecurityFocus, Cnet, SC Magazine, CSO, and InformationWeek. Prior to WhiteHat he was an information security officer at Yahoo!
Trey Ford is the Director of Solutions Architecture at WhiteHat Security providing vision to customers, partners, and prospects on website security initiatives. Mr. Ford also spearheads WhiteHats participation in the PCI Standards Council and assists customers in navigating regulatory bodies. With a consulting background in risk assessment and regulatory compliance, Mr. Ford is a frequent speaker at industry events, and is often quoted in media publications. Prior to WhiteHat, Trey served as compliance practice lead at FishNet Security.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:20:12 The Underground - A Hidden Reality and The True Story of Phil Schneider.mp4by D. WeirFeatured 1,539,393
- 42:26 DEFCON 17: Making Fun of Your Malwareby Christiaan008 17,269 views
- 51:06 Blackhat 2012 EUROPE - KEYNOTEby SecurityTubeCons 3,373 views
- 44:20 DEFCON 17: Advanced SQL Injectionby Christiaan008 61,975 views
- 20 videos Play all Get Rich Or Die Tryin The Albumby Anto8787
- 14:57 Black Hat USA 2010: Semiconductor Security Awareness, Today and Yesterday 5/6by Christiaan008 19,874 views
- 47:38 Blackhat 2012 EUROPE - Beyond Scanning: Automating Web Application Security Testsby SecurityTubeCons 1,359 views
- 58:07 Blackhat 2010 HTTPS can byte me Rober RSnake Hansen Josh Sokol Partby killab66661 1,273 views
- 14:58 Black Hat USA 2010: Network Stream Debugging with Mallory 1/5by Christiaan008 4,519 views
- 1:00:20 Blackhat 2010 Getting in bed with Robin Sage Thomas Ryan Partby killab66661 1,061 views
- 10:00 Black Hat USA 2010: Jackpotting Automated Teller Machines Redux 1/5by Christiaan008 5,998 views
- 4:11 Terrorist Bill Ayers says: I did Black Hat SEO with Obama!by Grant Crowell 32,929 views
- 3:58 How to Become a Millionaire - Money Rule #1by mmhabits 128,947 views
- World Wide Web 180,298 videos106
- 1:12:46 Black Hat USA 2011 - Pulp Google Hacking - 03Aug2011by Larry Tate 775 views
- 14:58 Black Hat USA 2010: How to Hack Millions of Routers 2/4by Christiaan008 3,384 views
- 9:59 Black Hat DC 2010: Internet Explorer turns your personal computer into a public file server 1/7by Christiaan008 2,438 views
- 1:12:25 Blackhat 2010 Attacking Phone Privacy Karsten Nohl Partby killab66661 4,078 views
- 2:09 Matt Cutts on Big Brand BlackHat Sitesby ChrisDaviesCa 13,534 views
- 59:42 SOURCE Boston 2009: Get Rich or Die Trying - "Making Money on the Web the Black Hat Way"by Christiaan008 476 views
- 10:02 Black Hat SEO Revealedby commissionblue 4,775 views
- 9:59 Black Hat DC 2010: Hacking the Smartcard Chip 3/8by Christiaan008 4,614 views
- Loading more suggestions...