Herman Cain: "If You Don't Have A Job And You're Not Rich, Blame Yourself"
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 5, 2011
FAIR USE NOTICE: This video may contain copyrighted material. Such material is made available for educational purposes only. This constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
TRENDING: Cain: Not rich? No job? Blame yourself
By: CNN Associate Producer Rebecca Stewart
(CNN) -- If you're dissatisfied with the economy, or unemployed, Herman Cain thinks you should take a long, hard look in the mirror.
In an interview with the Wall Street Journal posted Wednesday, the up-and-coming GOP 2012 contender and former CEO of Godfather's Pizza summed up his bewilderment about recent demonstrations on Wall Street.
"Don't blame Wall Street," Cain said. "Don't blame the big banks. If you don't have a job and you're not rich, blame yourself."
The conservative radio talk show host described the protests as "planned and orchestrated to distract from the failed policies of the Obama administration, though he admitted he didn't "have the facts to back this up."
Demonstrators have gathered to protest big banks during the "Occupy Wall Street" movement, but their grievances don't end with the economy. The protesters, mainly youth in their twenties, have addressed issues from police brutality to union busting, although they are also upset with the war in Afghanistan, the environment, and the state of the world in general.
The "Occupy Wall Street" movement has also drawn support from unions.
But for Cain, the demonstrations simply amount to "anti-capitalism."
Allowing the banks had a "big part" in the 2008 economic crisis, the candidate, who's known for his bombast and has been rising in national polls pointed out, "We're in 2011, okay?"
"When I was growing up I was blessed to have had parents. That didn't teach me to be jealous of anybody and didn't teach me to be jealous of somebody," Cain explained.
"It is not a person's fault because they succeeded. It is a person's fault if they failed. And so this is why I don't understand these demonstrations and what is it that they're looking for."
Cain spokesman JD Gordon declined to add a comment on the candidate's interview.
Standard YouTube License
- 14:10 Herman Cain's 9-9-9 plan, Occupy Wall Streetby Peter Schiff Featured 71,511
- 33:36 Full interview with Herman Cainby Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Inc13,374 views
- 14:06 Ron Paul Destroys MSNBC's Alex Wagner On Syriaby djgabrielpresents82,520 views
- 6:58 Herman Cain Takes On Entire MSNBC Roundtable After Debateby Citizens4HermanCain81,950 views
- 14:25 Jon Stewart Exposes Bill O'Reilly's Stupidity on Bill's showby Bashananal1,182,772 views
- 6:47 Another Embarrasing Moment by Herman "Race Card" Cain (Elliot Spitzer CNN)by KonaSilat120,624 views
- 4:13 Herman Cain vs. Ron Paul On Predicting The Economic Collapse.mp4by Eric21ND53,942 views
- 3:45 Herman Cain Tells Ron Paul that the Federal Reserve isn't a Top Priority at GOP Debateby Original1001BG87,613 views
- 1:17:49 Stand Up Comedy - Katt Williams Its Pimpin Pimpinby Commedy Standup363,909 views
- 6:26 Herman Cain Proves He Has No Idea What He's Talking Aboutby Chad Sears100,846 views
- 2:25 Herman Cain: President Obama Has No Clue What Creates Jobsby FoxNewsInsider35,881 views
- 2:50 The Sopranos- Tony & Carmela set Janice straightby kenflogspspider10190,060 views
- 2:09 Psycho Talk - Herman Cain: "Homosexuality Is A Sin And A Choice"by SuchIsLifeVideos70,074 views
- 4:36 Herman Cain Speaks Truth to Powerby welovesarahpalin4,697 views
- 1:53:40 The Obama Deception HQ Full length versionby ChangeDaChannel13,531,020 views
- 1:47 The View: Herman Cain, being gay is a choiceby LGBTQ Nation20,137 views
- 10:32 Jon Stewart Class Warfareby Daniel Mainville14,881 views
- 3:08 Certified Funny - Katt Williams - Herman Cainby CertifiedFunny103,073 views
- 9:32 Ron Paul: Obamacare 'A Conspiracy Of Stupidity'by selfownership115,569 views
- 10:48 Ron Paul Incredible Video Twice Removed YouTubeby AwsmMayCry1,211,583 views
- Loading more suggestions...