Herman Cain: "If You Don't Have A Job And You're Not Rich, Blame Yourself"
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 5, 2011
FAIR USE NOTICE: This video may contain copyrighted material. Such material is made available for educational purposes only. This constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
TRENDING: Cain: Not rich? No job? Blame yourself
By: CNN Associate Producer Rebecca Stewart
(CNN) -- If you're dissatisfied with the economy, or unemployed, Herman Cain thinks you should take a long, hard look in the mirror.
In an interview with the Wall Street Journal posted Wednesday, the up-and-coming GOP 2012 contender and former CEO of Godfather's Pizza summed up his bewilderment about recent demonstrations on Wall Street.
"Don't blame Wall Street," Cain said. "Don't blame the big banks. If you don't have a job and you're not rich, blame yourself."
The conservative radio talk show host described the protests as "planned and orchestrated to distract from the failed policies of the Obama administration, though he admitted he didn't "have the facts to back this up."
Demonstrators have gathered to protest big banks during the "Occupy Wall Street" movement, but their grievances don't end with the economy. The protesters, mainly youth in their twenties, have addressed issues from police brutality to union busting, although they are also upset with the war in Afghanistan, the environment, and the state of the world in general.
The "Occupy Wall Street" movement has also drawn support from unions.
But for Cain, the demonstrations simply amount to "anti-capitalism."
Allowing the banks had a "big part" in the 2008 economic crisis, the candidate, who's known for his bombast and has been rising in national polls pointed out, "We're in 2011, okay?"
"When I was growing up I was blessed to have had parents. That didn't teach me to be jealous of anybody and didn't teach me to be jealous of somebody," Cain explained.
"It is not a person's fault because they succeeded. It is a person's fault if they failed. And so this is why I don't understand these demonstrations and what is it that they're looking for."
Cain spokesman JD Gordon declined to add a comment on the candidate's interview.
Standard YouTube License
- 33:36 Full interview with Herman Cainby jsonlineFeatured 12,728
- 5:38 Herman Cain is the Biggest Hypocrite in Historyby ExposingUncleToms 69,608 views
- 2:25 Herman Cain: President Obama Has No Clue What Creates Jobsby FoxNewsInsider 35,696 views
- 6:26 Herman Cain Proves He Has No Idea What He's Talking Aboutby ProgressiveMukraker 98,572 views
- 1:38 Herman Cain: As of Today I Am Suspending My Presidential Campaignby jim hoft 2,761 views
- Herman Cain 8,299 videos59
- 4:58 Herman Cain Talks Politics Part 1 - The Viewby ABCTheView 31,352 views
- 3:53 The Rule of law Has Been Abolishedby sharky734 7,968 views
- 6:00 Blacks Shouldn't Complain - Herman Cainby TheYoungTurks 30,579 views
- 6:47 Another Embarrasing Moment by Herman "Race Card" Cain (Elliot Spitzer CNN)by KonaSilat 117,814 views
- 3:45 Herman Cain Tells Ron Paul that the Federal Reserve isn't a Top Priority at GOP Debateby Original1001BG 86,795 views
- 1:20 Herman Cain Move Protests To the White Houseby rightvideos03 17,980 views
- 5:16 Herman Cain on Libyaby jsonline 1,089,061 views
- 4:20 Is Herman Cain African-American?by TheYoungTurks 47,345 views
- 1:16 Herman Cain Screams at Reporter at Right Onlineby jim hoft 97,325 views
- 9:22 Herman Cain explains his "smoking" ad and a national sales taxby themichaelberryshow 55,292 views
- 2:27 Herman Cain: Make My Dayby aimaccuracy 15,320 views
- 4:13 Herman Cain vs. Ron Paul On Predicting The Economic Collapse.mp4by Eric21ND 53,606 views
- 3:33 Ron Paul Defends Occupy Wall Street Protesters - Herman Cain Blames Themby defnug66 13,067 views
- 7:03 Herman Cain: You Mess With Israel, You Mess With the U.S.by FoxNewsInsider 83,508 views
- 1:02 Herman Cain on foreign policyby ThinkProgress6 169,830 views
- Loading more suggestions...