Published on Apr 24, 2014
This video introduces the workflow of capturing and analyzing memory snapshots using dotMemory 4, .NET memory profiler from JetBrains.
Maarten Balliauw, Technical Evangelist at JetBrains, introduces key dotMemory 4 features:
- Powerful automatic inspections to instantly detect common types of memory leaks
- In-depth analysis of memory usage issues thanks to multiple data views, some of which are unique and not to be found in other profilers:
- Multiple views on data and friendly UI: - grouping by dominators - key retention path, group by similar retention - the icicles chart
- Timeline view to capture real-time data
- Comparing memory snapshots to visualize improvements or regressions in memory usage.
- Memory traffic analysis to detect what causes excessive garbage collection.
- Remote profiling to detect memory issues in running production environments
- Supported framework versions and applications types
- Visual Studio Integration to profile startup project
Learn more about new dotMemory 4 at http://www.jetbrains.com/dotmemory
Standard YouTube License