Baucus Champions Tax Cuts for Montana Families, Small Businesses
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 2, 2012
August 2, 2012
***For Immediate Release***
BAUCUS CHAMPIONS TAX CUTS FOR MONTANA FAMILIES, SMALL BUSINESSES
Senator Ushers Bipartisan Plan through Senate Tax-Writing Committee
(Washington, D.C.) -- Montana's senior U.S. Senator Max Baucus ushered his bipartisan plan to cut taxes for working families and small businesses through the Senate tax-writing committee on a vote of 19 to 5 today.
"By working together here today, we're proving we still have the capacity to do what our bosses -- the American people -- sent us here to do: get things done," Baucus told committee members ahead of today's vote. "Every day, folks in Montana and across the country work together. That's what we're doing here today. We're working together to take care of middle class families. We're working together to support jobs. We're working together to put America's economy back on track. Today, the Senate Finance Committee is putting progress ahead of politics and working together to provide some certainty to American families and businesses."
Baucus' bipartisan plan provides certainty for Montana families and businesses by extending through 2013 about $205 billion in tax cuts that are expired or set to expire this year.
• Prevents taxes from going up for more than 57,000 Montanans who would otherwise be hit by the Alternative Minimum Tax in 2012.
• Extends tax credits that help businesses hire veterans and keep jobs open for members of the National Guard and Reserves who get called to serve.
• Extends the Production Tax Credit that supports wind farm projects including the Rim Rock Wind farm in Glacier and Toole Counties and the Shawmut Wind Farm.
• Extends tax credits that rewards businesses for hiring new workers.
• Extends tax cuts that encourage investments in small businesses and make it easier for small businesses to get the capital they need to grow an hire more workers.
• Extends tax cuts that allow families to deduct the cost of college tuition from their taxes.
• Extends the Research and Development tax credit, which rewards businesses for investing in innovation and new technology that helps them grow.
• Continues tax cuts that help Montana farmers and ranchers take advantage of conservation easements.
At the same time, Baucus' plan helps reign in federal spending by allowing 20 expenditures to expire, saving about $30 billion over the next 10 years.
After passing through the Senate Finance Committee today, Baucus' plan will now be sent to the full Senate Floor for consideration.
Standard YouTube License
- 7:11 Baucus Leads Charge to Pass Farm Bill: It's Harvest Timeby SenatorBaucus59 views
- 5:42 Baucus Secures Military Suicide Prevention Program in National Defense Billby SenatorBaucus756 views
- 3:18 Baucus Takes Regulators to Task after More Farmers Fall Victim to MF Global-Type Scandalby SenatorBaucus118 views
- 2:18 Baucus Champions Provisions to Boost Veteran Employment in Farm Billby SenatorBaucus231 views
- 17:47 Senator Ted Cruz smacks down Chuck Schumer on gun violence - Meet the Press meets the factsby Freedom Tracker161,977 views
- 11:45 Jon Stewart on Ted Cruz marathon speechby Wacky Racer20,160 views
- 6:46 Michael Moore Loses Gun Control Debate HARDby PeoplesUnderground584,363 views
- 4:33 Nelson Mandela Death: Obama Remembers 'Profoundly Good' Manby The New York Times13,368 views
- 4:31 President Obama Mourns the Death of Nelson Mandelaby WSJDigitalNetwork28,145 views
- 1:51:28 Senate Floor BATTLE FOR STATES' RIGHTS - Budget & Amendment Debate - Fiscal Sequestration (1by Satire X Millennial Generation79 views
- 13:32 TED CRUZ vs DIANNE FEINSTEIN "It's Fine You Want To Lecture Me On The Constitution"by MOXNEWSd0tC0M34,844 views
- 10:34 Debate Over Abortion Bill Erupts Into Intense Shouting Match on Wisconsin Senate Floorby leonida sheets570 views
- 9:16 Rep Mike Bost Explodes on House Floor in Pension Debateby IllinoisChannelTV10,725 views
- 6:11 Explosive Exchange at Gun Hearing Between Ted Cruz and Dianne Feinsteinby politicalturkey463,257 views
- 46:53 Health Care Reform Newsmaker Series: Sen. Max Baucusby kaiserfoundation1,855 views
- 5:59 Ann Coulter Destroys Feinstein Over Cruz Debate: 'Liberal Women Should Not Be Able To Hold Office'by MichaelSavage4Prez231,093 views
- 39:21 American Elections 2012 (5th November 2012) Pakistani Media Coverage of US Electionby ImranKhanSheikRaseed165 views
- 24:03 Ted Cruz FULL Appearance on Crossfire - Clashes with Van Jones - October 10, 2013by DrudgeReportFanatics55,112 views
- 1:59 Sore Loser - Sen. Feinstein After Losing Gun legislation states there will be no background checksby newsninja201293,893 views
- 6:03 Baucus Warns Of 'Huge Train Wreck' Enacting ObamaCareby Washington Free Beacon3,281 views
- Loading more suggestions...