HUGE Tornado. Adairsville Georgia Jan 30 2013
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jan 30, 2013
tornado video adairsville. georgia tornado adairsville video adairsville tornado.....ADAIRSVILLE, Ga. — Powerful winds, rain and hail battered parts of the South on Wednesday, killing at least one person as the large storm system damaged homes, overturned cars on an interstate and knocked out electricity to thousands.
At least one tornado was confirmed and several more suspected, and conditions remained ripe for more. Since Tuesday, the system had caused damage across a swath from Missouri to Georgia.
In recent days, people in the South and Midwest had enjoyed unseasonably balmy temperatures in the 60s and 70s. A system pulling warm weather from the Gulf of Mexico was colliding with a cold front moving in from the west, creating volatility.
Police said high winds toppled a tree onto a shed in Nashville, Tenn., where a man had taken shelter, killing him. As the storm crept eastward, officials reported a possible tornado in Adairsville, Ga., about 60 miles northwest of Atlanta. At least 10 cars were overturned on Interstate 75, and emergency crews were trying to get to people reported trapped in homes and buildings, said Bartow County Fire Chief Crag Millsap.
Across the region, downed power lines, trees and tree limbs were making it difficult to reach people who needed help.
Another person was reported injured by lightning in Arkansas during the storm's eastward trek. Two people suffered minor injuries when a mobile home was blown off its foundation in Kentucky.
The National Weather Service's Storm Prediction Center in Norman, Okla., said it was investigating reports of at least four possible tornadoes in states including Arkansas and Mississippi. In Tennessee, officials confirmed that a tornado with peak wind speeds of 115 mph touched down in Mount Juliet. No serious injuries were reported there, though the path of damage was about 150 yards wide, including homes, a warehouse and an automotive business.
Hail ranging up to nearly golf-ball size was also reported in some areas, the center said.
Thousands were reported without power in Tennessee, where tornado warnings and flash flood warnings were issued for several counties and a tractor-trailer was blown over by high winds.
The nation has had its longest break between tornado fatalities since detailed tornado records began being kept in 1950, according to the Storm Prediction Center and National Climatic Data Center. The last one was June 24, when a person was killed in a home in Highlands County, Fla. That was 220 days ago as of Tuesday.
The last day with multiple fatalities was June 4, when three people were killed in a mobile home in Scott County, Mo.
Standard YouTube License
- 7:18 Largest tornado ever recorded? 2.5 miles wide! Hallam, Nebraska 2004by TornadoVideosdotnetFeatured 232,755
- 13:51 Columbus, Nebraska Tornado 6-23-1998 #2by vortexva 23,659 views
- 5:40 Hattiesburg Tornado RAW - John Sibley 2/10/13by Live Storms Media 926,986 views
- 7:46 4/27/11 - Tuscaloosa Tornadoby Jason Rosolowski 6,793,552 views
- 7:11 NEW Absolutely incredible tornado video from Hattiesburg, MS EF4by TornadoVideosdotnet 897,174 views
- 6:52 Hwy 140 Adairsville tornado Jan. 30, 2013by Jymme Reed 2,117 views
- 3:08 Deadly tornado in Adairsville, Georgia, leaves trail of destruction - Truthloaderby Truthloader 5,576 views
- 2:12 Ringgold Georgia F4 Tornado Footage 4/27/2011by 10trentscott10 72,771 views
- 2:01 DAMAGING Hattiesburg, MS Tornado February 10, 2013!by TornadoVideosdotnet 196,419 views
- 1:13 Violent Tornado hits Hattiesburg, MS Febuary 10th, 2013by ZorcovsParadise12 47,226 views
- 2:55 Vaski - Storm Chaserby DinosaurDubstep 192,928 views
- 3:47 Live tornado in hattiesburg ms sunday february 10by Richard ddillon 3,383 views
- 5:09 Tornado in Hattiesburg, MS - February 10, 2013 - Damage in our neighborhoodby mathusalen100 17,060 views
- 1:59 Jaw-dropping, violent tornado hurling deadly softball hail! June 22, 2012by TornadoVideosdotnet 755,412 views
- 2:34 Tornado Hits Adairsville, Ga.by ABCNews 12,462 views
- Tornado 141,545 videos364
- 1:02 Running from Ringgold, Ga Tornado 04/27/2011by 52LFObball 24,722 views
- 8:15 Tuscaloosa Alabama Tornado April 27, 2011by bamaguynbham 785,470 views
- 3:09 Trapped Tornado Chasersby NationalGeographic 63,216 views
- 1:41 Watch: Amazing footage of Texas tornadoby CBSNewsOnline 1,588 views
- 1:13 May 17, 2013 - Tornado southwest of Graham, TXby Ben Holcomb 3,673 views
- Loading more suggestions...