Reznik Report Week 13 (2012)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 5, 2012
Hi, I'm Delegate Kirill Reznik. Welcome back to my weekly video blog updating you on what's happening here in Annapolis during the 2012 Legislative Session. This will be the last update for the session as we approach Sine Die on Monday.
There is a lot of work to get done these last few days of session.
The biggest issue right now is finalizing the budget, which has yet to come out of conference committee to reconcile differences between the House and Senate. In addition, there were a number of issues on the House floor this week. Senate Bill 236, which regulates land use in regard to septic systems passed through the House today. This legislation aims to limit the proliferation of major developments served by septic systems by creating a tiered system to guide their growth. It assists communities to shift septic growth away from farmlands, forests, and the Bay where it would otherwise contribute to sprawl and pollution.
The House also passed the Capital Budget this week, which supports and sustains 44,000 Maryland jobs by investing in school construction and modernization, higher education, research & development, environmental preservation, and homeownership retention among other things. The budget provides a total of $1.1 billion to improve our state and community, while maintaining Maryland's Triple A bond rating and adhering to the annual Capital Debt Affordability recommendation.
Also this week, the last of my bills are working their way through the Senate and I expect 5 of them to pass before the end of session.
For more information on the events of this session, please keep an eye out for my End of Session letter, which will be sent out via mail, e-mail, and will be posted on my website by the end of next week. A full Annapolis Report highlighting important legislation that passed this year will be mailed in the coming months.
Later this summer, our District 39 team: Senator King, Delegates Barkley and Robinson, and myself will be door-knocking neighborhoods added to District 39 in order to meet our new constituents, as a result of redistricting. We are excited to see these new faces in the coming months.
That's it for my updates for the 2012 legislative session. Even though session is about to end, my office will be ready to help you throughout the year with any problems you believe I may be in a position to assist with. I also encourage you to please contact me with your thoughts and questions on any issues you may have, whether it's a state, county, or neighborhood issue. Take care and I hope to see you before next session.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:04 Reznik Report Week 3 (2013)by Kirill Reznik 5 views
- 2:08 Reznik Report Week 12 (2012)by Kirill Reznik 57 views
- 2:30 Reznik Report Week 10 (2012)by Kirill Reznik 24 views
- 1:37 Reznik Report Week 5 (2013)by Kirill Reznik 8 views
- 2:27 Reznik Report Week 2 (2013)by Kirill Reznik 2 views
- 6:57 Annie Reznikby sassafragia 184 views
- 5:02 2011 Session Reznik Report Week 11by Kirill Reznik 149 views
- 3:02 Reznik Report Week 8 (2012)by Kirill Reznik 46 views
- 2:15 Reznik Report Week 5 (2012)by Kirill Reznik 109 views
- 3:29 Reznik Report Week 8by Kirill Reznik 113 views
- 2:49 Reznik Report Week 1 (2012)by Kirill Reznik 191 views
- 6:01 Reznik Syndrom -- "Der Fotograf" live in Tübingen Epplehaus 04.03.2012by BseBear 894 views
- 3:15 Reznik Report Week 2 (2012)by Kirill Reznik 63 views
- 3:03 2011 Session Reznik Report Week 10by Kirill Reznik 72 views
- 2:52 2011 Reznik Report Week 1by Kirill Reznik 56 views
- 2:14 Reznik Report Week 9 (2012)by Kirill Reznik 39 views
- 3:00 2011 Reznik Report Week 3by Kirill Reznik 43 views
- 2:48 Reznik Report Week 3 (2012)by Kirill Reznik 46 views
- 3:33 Reznik Report Week 4 (2012).MODby Kirill Reznik 32 views
- 2:22 Řezník - Žižkovský Bary // Prostějov // 21.4.2012by Vrcek2 527 views
- Loading more suggestions...