CPS Stalking, Orders For Babies, Forced Adoption, Fraud, Confirmed: OIG, News32 2007
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 22, 2010
Part 4. 2007. Office of Inspector General News32 Investigations. Social worker whistle blower, others speak out. Confirm forced adoptions, Stalking, Orders for babies, Harassment, Threats, Retaliation. Driven by federal bonus $ (Social Security Act Titles IV, XIX).
UPDATE Jan 2012. Still at it! Frankfort, KY. Judge fines state over child-abuse records. Franklin Circuit Judge Phillip Shepherd ordered a state agency to pay $16,550 in fines + $56,663 in legal costs to 3 newspapers for illegally withholding public records involving child-abuse deaths and serious injuries. The judge also rejected efforts by the Cabinet for Health and Family Services to heavily redact, or remove, information from such documents. He said the cabinet was continuing its "efforts to blanket the operation of the child welfare system under a veil of secrecy."
Shepherd's opinion and order Thursday involved a 2-year legal fight by The Courier-Journal + Lexington Herald-Leader over access to records of child-abuse deaths under the state open records law.
Rep Tom Burch, a Louisville Democrat who is the committee's chairman, advised the cabinet not to "circle the wagons" because the public wants to understand how it handles child protection cases. They want to know what's going on over there."
The "Other" Kentucky Lottery: Child Protection in Kentucky in 2005 January 2006. National Institute on Children, Youth & Families, Inc. & Kentucky Youth Advocates. http://www.kyyouth.org/Publications/0...
WLKY. Nov 2007. Louisville, KY. Social workers allege abuses in Kentucky's CPS. In a follow-up to a 3-year investigation of CPS, NewsChannel 32 interviewed a group of social workers who alleged families are harassed and workers are pressured in efforts to boost adoption numbers.
Pat Moore said she was a state social worker until she was fired for not ignoring half a dozen allegations of abuse in a foster home.
"I did what I felt like I had to do," Moore said. "It was the right thing to do and I stand by the complaint."
When Moore found that two foster parents had criminal records, a son living with them had multiple felonies, and a convicted sex offender visited and, sometimes, cared for the children, she refused to arrange an adoption.
Her supervisors responded to her complaint with a memo suggesting the adoption proceed quickly.
"Our theory is that the basis for this is the tie to the federal money," Moore's attorney, Tom Beiting said. "That every time a child is not placed in the home comma the state of Kentucky through its Cabinet is losing money"
After she was fired, Moore filed suit and last month, the Commonwealth paid $380,000 to settle it.
The high-adoption trend apparently began in 2004, when adoptions in Kentucky ballooned to 724 while the federal bonus money more than doubled from $452,000 the previous year to more than $1 million. "The Cabinet puts pressure on stats because federal and state money come from statistics," said another social worker who wants her identity concealed for fear of retaliation against her family. "You get praised. The Cabinet praises you for terminating rights and adopting kids out immediately."
She said the concerted effort to take children away and put them up for adoption was so brazen, she actually saw someone successfully place an order for children.
"Someone could not have a child and wanted a child so within the community," the social worker said. "This person saw a family in distress, having a hard time, relayed to workers that they would like those children, and that's exactly what has happened."
And a former CPS supervisor, who also wants anonymity for fear of retaliation, said if an order for a child was delayed or denied, her supervisors would overturn local decisions.
"This one family was promised a child, and when it happened that this child was going to be reunified with the parent, they called our regional office, and our regional office came in our county and they harassed the birth parents and that kind of thing because they didn't agree with our decision," the former supervisor said.
Vanessa Shanks had her kids taken away and, when she fought back, her relatives had their children taken away. Then, after she won in court, her attorney's child was taken away.
The former CPS workers said that kind of retaliatory power is common and, in the secretive, one-sided system, they can take anyone's kids away on a moment's notice - and get away with it.
According to data just released, there's a huge disparity between counties on adoption rates. Some counties reunify 100 percent of children taken with their families. Other counties adopted out as many as 82 percent of children taken from their homes.
Standard YouTube License
- 33:49 No Blacks Allowed In My All White Town Says Craig Cobbby Belisarda Mouet30,973 views
- 15:10 CPS False Allegations, Altered Files Confirmed - OIG, News32 Investigations P1-3 2006-07by mamasuntwinkle4,449 views
- 9:39 Federally Funded Gov. Kidnaper - Laurie Lee, CPS coward. caught on videoby William WAGENER26,173 views
- 8:57 Criminal Child Protective Services Profits on Destroying Children & Family - GA Sen Nancy Schaeferby mamasuntwinkle19,074 views
- 6:40 CPS Michigan Starved 10YO Disabled Boy to Death After Mom Sought State's Help, Johnny's Storyby mamasuntwinkle18,362 views
- 10:58 CPS Steals Children for Profit - Your Tax Dollars in Action!by michaelrose9331,521 views
- 124 videos Play all CYSby Cormaxx
- 8:11 Innocence Destroyed - Part 1 - WARNING: Graphic Contentby InnocenceDestroyed541,958 views
- 6:56 The Murder of Baby Briana (Graphic) (Update with sentences in description area)by davedavedude3,288,904 views
- 11:00 MURDERED CPS FIGHTER Nancy Schaeferby CPSSucks31,564 views
- 59:19 the truth about adoption 0001by fassituk17,862 views
- 10:00 Don't Mess With Texas CPSby MikeHansonArchives42,986 views
- 6:32 1 of 2 - Child Protective Services Predators and Corruption - Senator Nancy Schaeferby CESSqc6,442 views
- 6:24 Adoptive Parents Give Away Child With FASDby ABC News
- 1:27:32 DEAD WRONG - How Psychiatric Drugs Can Kill Your Childby CESSqc35,112 views
- 14:59 DISTURBING VIDEO OF UK POLICE TAKING 13 YEAR OLD CHILD FROM FATHER BY FORCEby CPSSucks6,797 views
- 7:05 A CPS insider reveals "secret rules" that corrupt "Child Protection Services" Inc. must follow:by CESSqc47,778 views
- 5:36 "First Hug" Nurtures Abandoned Babies in Israeli Hospitalsby Braces61985,347 views
- 13:20 CPS Juvenile Court Crime Ring Operates Under Color of Law - Attorney Judge Activists Speak Outby mamasuntwinkle7,240 views
- 6:22 White Couple Adopted 2 Black Daughters, Then Beat'em To Death!.by keenan soda43,121 views