Slow Medicine - Dr. McCullough Coming to San Diego Oct 23-24 FREE Workshop
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Sep 23, 2013
http://www.csupalliativecare.org -- The California State University Institute for Palliative Care is offering a free event "Slow Medicine -- A New Paradigm for Partnership With our Elders" on October 23 and 24th. Using metaphors from the Slow Movements (Slow Food, Slow Parenting), Dr. Dennis McCullough introduces participants to the concept of Slow Medicine. This is a new paradigm for partnerships between elders and those who love and care for them. Generous private support, given in memory of Melvin and Corinne Moss, has enabled the CSU Institute for Palliative Care to sponsor this free public event.
For those who are struggling to care for aging family members, this is an opportunity to learn new ways of bringing compassion and common sense back to health care. Dr. McCullough will discuss how palliative care and slow medicine will improve the quality of our elders' lives without bankrupting families -- emotionally or financially.
Dr. McCullough is a geriatrician and the author of My Mother, Your Mother. He is also a graduate of Harvard College and Harvard Medical School and a faculty member in the Department of Community and Family Medicine at Dartmouth Medical School.
The "Slow Medicine" presentation will be given in two locations: At the California State University San Marcos campus as part of the fall Arts and Lectures series, and in La Jolla, in conjunction with Scripps Health at The Schaetzel Center-Scripps Memorial Hospital.
Generous private support, given in memory of Melvin and Corinne Moss, has enabled the CSU Institute for Palliative Care to sponsor this free public event.
Location and Times:
NORTH COUNTY - 6:00 PM - Oct. 23: Clarke Field House at California State University San Marcos, CA. Register here http://www.csupalliativecare.org
LA JOLLA - 6:00 PM - Oct. 24: The Schaetzel Center-Scripps Memorial Hospital, La Jolla, CA. Call 1-800-SCRIPPS or register at http://www.scripps.org
About the CSU Institute for Palliative Care
The CSU Institute for Palliative Care is America's first statewide educational and workforce development initiative dedicated to palliative care. The Institute offers professional development and continuing education courses designed to enhance the skills of current and future health care professionals, as well as programs to build palliative care awareness in the community. Courses offered initially at the Cal State San Marcos campus will be part of a model for palliative care workforce development and community awareness that will be available to other interested campuses in California and beyond. To learn more about the CSU Institute for Palliative Care, visit http://www.csupalliativecare.org.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:13:18 Common Disease States in Palliative Careby carma erickson hurt93 views
- 35:15 Common Disease States in Palliative Care part 2by carma erickson hurt39 views
- 1:11:52 You Can "HEAL" Any Diseaseby Gagan Polanki76,051 views
- 1:57:23 Dr Robert Bob Beck Lecture - Suppressed Medical Discovery To Treat All Diseaseby Shokat Ali33,353 views
- 45:52 Haemophilia and Porphyria - Royal diseases from Tainted Bloodby CampaignTB223,599 views
- 1:47:23 Piero Mozzi - Alimentazione e Tumoriby MsLeomn107,804 views
- 44:58 Forbidden Knowledge ; Ancient Medical Secrets (Documentary)by EsotericHaven105,245 views
- 58:37 Frontline Medicine- episode 1- Survivalby Ben s259,940 views
- 1:06:52 LONG Playlist of Relaxing Soft Piano Music to Sleep and Studyby Serenity Studio10,634,351 views
- 26:32 Modern Medicine - Venous Diseaseby WDSCTV158,509 views
- 1:33:11 dottor mozzi, luoghi comuniby lorenso6015,451 views
- 3:55 Frequently Asked Questions About One Call Alert Medical Alert Monitoringby OneCallAlert87 views
- 5:27 One Doctor's Mission To Bring 'Slow Medicine' Approach To Caring For Aging Parentsby KPBSSanDiego42 views
- 4:00 Elder McCulloughby Britany Vause75 views
- 2:18:58 ♫ 2 HORAS ♫ Mozart para Bebés - Música Clásica - Larga Duración - Dormir y calmar #by lunacreciente4,779,492 views
- 8:10 25 Extremely Bizarre Medical Disordersby list25217,556 views
- 6:36 Still alive!by ch3rrypole191 views
- 28:03 SlowMedicineby Torino Medica12 views
- 6:49 Nahko and Medicine For The People - Budding Trees (Official Video)by Nahko and Medicine for the People134,984 views
- 2:21 Darlene Shiley Shares Her Support for Cal State University Institute for Palliative Careby CSU PalliativeCare54 views
- Loading more suggestions...