Stopping The Coming Ice Age by Larry Ephron & Andy Caffrey
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 19, 2011
This was probably the first time I actually worked on a project to fight the climate crisis. After leaving The Nature Company in 1986 I moved into a flat in Kensington with Larry Ephron, one of a handful of people I knew in the San Francisco Bay Area who were proponents of what was called the Hamaker Theory. John D. Hamaker, a mechanical engineer and agronomist, and Donald Weaver, who I knew in the Bay Area had published the only book on the theory, The Survival of Civilization.
In short, the theory is that during interglacial periods, over thousands of years, the earth's soils get depleted of minerals, the plants become less robust and weaker at absorbing carbon dioxide and so carbon dioxide builds up in the atmosphere. It causes more water in the equatorial belt to evaporate and move to the poles where it accumulates as snow. This snow causes the ice caps to advance and a new 100,000 year glacial period begins. During that glacial period, all of that mile-thick glacial ice grinds more rock into dust, so that when the glaciers retreat and the plants recolonize, they have wonderful new soil and can suck down the CO2.
Larry had just begun researching a book and video project to popularize the messages of the Hamaker/Weaver book. He hired me to help him with both. I was his research assistant and he frequently sent me off to the UC Berkeley libraries to do research. And he used a few of the photographs of the Sierras that I shot in my teens while on backpacking trips with the Boy Scouts.
Because the Oakland firestorm destroyed all of my 30,000 slides and negatives, this video is the only surviving copy of those photos!
His book is called The End.
Currently my dear friend and mentor Alden Bryant and the Earth Regeneration Society in Berkeley are the most prominent advocates for this climate and restoration cause. They join me in calling for a crash program to reduce our CO2 levels to 280 ppm (pre-industrial era level) as fast as possible.
Standard YouTube License
- 30:17 Arctic Sea Ice Has Grown To A Record Breaking Amountby DiscloseTruthTV2 Featured 9,424
- 51:30 The Gulf Stream and the Next Ice Age - Future Focus Episode 2013by OccupyNWO53,019 views
- 22:36 In Search Of... The Coming Ice Ageby Aspergian2,440 views
- 9:03 Is global warming the threat? Or the next Ice age?by seattle4truth14,776 views
- 51:30 The Next Ice Age and The Gulf Stream - Future Focus Episode 2013 [Documentary]by TruthExposed10,351 views
- 11:40 Weather Action TV 26/4/2013 The Mini Ice Age Is Upon Us & Arctic Ice Claims Disprovedby Jason Lawrence Mark9,066 views
- 59:29 Earth First! The Politics of Radical Environmentalism by Chris Manes (pre-release ver)by Andy Caffrey13,686 views
- 6:31 IT'S ABOUT TO GET REALLY COLD - The Coming Ice Age in I Pet Goat 2by Enterthe5t4rz8,184 views
- 0:18 Eco-graffitiby HolonsNetwork31,379 views
- 54:27 After the Ice Age, by Tom Lakeby Peter Lyons Hall989 views
- 3:48 Saturn's Largest Moon Titan: A World Much Like Earthby ScienceMagazine132,674 views
- 15:18 Climate Fraud! Global Warming Hoax! Professor John R. Christyby GeorgeGreekTrucker8,039 views
- 43:15 Earth Ice Age Era's [FULL VIDEO]by Sky Faction15,360 views
- 8:31 Velikovsky the unsung genius - a Peter Mungo Jupp film on ancient destructionsby AncientDestructions3,697 views
- 4:02 ice age comingby wantmydog48,540 views
- 2:43 HAARP, seeded rolling cloudby Revealing the REAL truth62,286 views
- 21:30 Spock warns of coming ice ageby usACTIONnews2,532 views
- 9:58 Indo-Europeans in Northern Europe part 1by AjnaSpirituality79,525 views
- 53:25 Catastrophic Climate Change & Runaway Global Warming - David Wasdellby GlobalClimateNews12,306 views
- 2:03 ICE AGE NOW: Global Cooling Across The World - 11 Dead As Mideast Battered By Hail, Snow, And Rain!by Andre Heath1,544 views
- Loading more suggestions...