[USKY008] Rakoon - "Outside World" EP
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Oct 27, 2012
All tracks wirtten and produced by Niels Kling under the alias Rakoon.
2012, All Rights Reserved.
GRAB IT : http://underskyrecords.bandcamp.com/a...
Mastered by Thomas Schwarz (TKR-ART-82)
Released and distributed by Undersky.
Rakoon Outside World: Undersky Review by Jason Nikolaidis :
Hailing from Germany, Rakoon is no stranger in the milieu of music culture, producing since 2002, DJing since 2007 and being active as part of the Dutty Dubz crew as the third man. Undersky is proud to add Rakoon to its roster, with his latest release, 'Outside World', injecting a concatenation of tumultuous frequencies and laudable musicianship into the Undersky family.
A) ''Outside World''
Picture waking up in one of the incubators from the 'Matrix', shifting your gaze around a vast sea of bodies in perpetual slumber and being reprimanded by the mechanic touch of the robot drone; add a chorus of synthetic screeches and howls and a relentless bassline and you have 'Outside World'. This primal yet techy track grabs you cerebrally and from the rumble in your chest transports you into the darkest recesses of unfathomable uncertainty, left to the devices of a mechanical groove that doesn't seem to stop until your head nods with wanton pleasure at the sheer production of such a track, but also with a sense of panic, induced by the undulating climate of sterile technology and the rising onerous growls. The track culminates in what can be described as a sonic battle between the digital and the visceral, the illusion, and the realization of the ''Outside World,'' firing up the adrenaline and preparing us for what is in store in the rest of the EP.
B) ''Blue Planet''
Things get more heated with 'Blue Planet,' the growls intensify and almost become tangible, coupled with an introduction with intermittent percussion and a brooding atmosphere akin to a gathering storm. The bass ricochets against the furious motion of the snapping percussive snare that hits after every beat, and invites the listener to absorb themselves into this domain of resonating highs and lows, grinding groans, and a cloud of pads creeping up at certain parts of the track, obfuscating the track into a shroud of estrangement. Towards the end of the track, the growls slowly recede and percussion shines, along with the sinister background sounds which slowly fade out to leave a sole kick drum with an unsettling high note to finish off this tempest of a track.
Starting with a more optimistic and nebulous intro, 'Deepa' strikes chords harkening to a space exploration, and introducing Icicle-esque vibes to the mix, with an undeniable groove and synths that seem to take you on an ambitious interstellar voyage. As the track progresses, hi hats are added, which really get you chair dancing, and the track overall leaves a very different note from the previous set of tracks, standing as a kind of victory of sorts, against the sonic perils that the listener previously faced with the latter's pervasive but groovy atmosphere.
D) ''Make You Pay''
Following in the same trail as ''Deepa,'' but with greater emphasis on the way the track will play out on the dancefloor, 'Make You Pay' places the limelight on the onslaught of Distance-esque growls which govern the flow of the track, complemented by a pattern of percussive shakers and short bongos, as well as a distorted vocal, which further embeds the alien atmosphere instigated by the previous track, and cements it into the listener's consciousness. The peak of 'Make You Pay' is reached towards the end of the track, with the growls reaching new heights of groove and short assailing drum patterns surrounding the listener, finally giving way to the relative calm of the pads which once again transport the reader to the deepest reaches of a distant constellation, ending the EP with a mental image of the calm of space following the destruction of a supernova.
for more info or any inquires contact : email@example.com
Standard YouTube License
- 8:10 [USKY010] VΛΑΔ x BunZer0 - Dimension / Misanthropyby Undersky145 views
- 5:49 Theode Scott Band - In The Vineby TheLaw325146 views
- 2:23 [USKY007] Imaginary Friend & UNCO - "Bad Dreams Factory" [ Apatic Remix ]by Undersky311 views
- 3:14 Nosound - Contemplating Neptune (from The World Is Outside)by nosoundnet20,964 views
- 2:59 Fathom Raquel Welch Openingby thesafekind151,042 views
- 14:20 DJ Dubstep mega mix | The Test | Sick and Filthyby jaktbone2,734 views
- 3:28 Into The World Love Ritmoby Cristian Laurente Huaman7,804 views
- 2:12 Exarsis - 01 - Annihilation...Proceed!!!! (The Brutal State 2013)by Exarsis1,878 views
- 7:00 Sunbeam Outside World (Techno Warrior Remix) HDby Oldskool HardTrance6,973 views
- 3:16 [Full MP3] Outsider - Hero (feat. LMNOP)by MeRe Zyerni23,069 views
- 6:54 The Calm Blue Sea - A Man of Dangerous Dreams (live)by thecalmbluesea11,970 views
- 11:46 Burial- Ashtray Waspby witkacowa445,747 views
- 3:25 Mumford & Sons Parody: The Raveby californiaboyze1,232 views
- 9:16 If atheists are so smart, how come they use such bad language?by YahwehNoweh1,385 views
- 8:47 To Love-ru Abridged episode 1: The Onlyby higherfuryx22,653,671 views
- 3:07 Rakoon - Hope (Acoustic)by RakoonPage73 views
- 9:15 [HD] Booty Baywatch vs Shannoxby Leeroy US355 views
- 5:50 Sunbeam - Outside World (Single Remix)by SuckMeTrance376 views
- 3:35 Rakoon - Dub Playby Rakoon Laveur611 views
- 7:59 Skream - Summer Dreams | HDby basstherapyHD195,107 views
- Loading more suggestions...