- Social Media : This Week in Social Media - Ryan Born, CEO of Audioo
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 18, 2010
This week we have Ryan Born, CEO of Audioo. Sean Percival and Judalina Neira host This Week in Social Media and Mike Bracco reports the news. For more information, show notes, and an upcoming schedule, go to www.thisweekin.com/socialmedia
Please check out our sponsor:
Follow This Week in Social Media on Twitter: http://twitter.com/twisocialmedia
Follow ThisWeekIn Network on Twitter: http://twitter.com/twinetwork
Connect with the Hosts on Twitter:
Sean Percival - http://twitter.com/percival
Judalina Neira - http://twitter.com/thejudalina
Mike Bracco - http://twitter.com/bracco
Discussion about the Noncompete Violation on LinkedIn. The article was sent in by one of our viewers Jason Proznitz. Is a noncompete legal?
Judalina tweeted this story, OK Cupid separating the hotties from the uglies. A handful of users are picked as the most attractive on the site. See where Judalina ranks and what the chatroulette analogy is all about .
Ryan Born, CEO of Audioo
Ryan discusses how he went from Art History to becoming an accountant. Working for PricewaterhouseCoopers, Wired Image (later acquired by Getty Images) and his evil twin Ryan Block. Find out why Audioo is referred to as the Blippy for voicemail or Texts from last night for voicemail.
A sample of the voicemails are played on the show. A discussion on voicemail legality and how states have different laws. Gary Vaynerchuk's Prank Call. What is next for Audioo?
Story 1 Disney/Pixar Buys The First Twitter Trending Topic Ad
Discussion on artificially creating trends.
Story 2 Klout's BirdBrain Measures Influence Based On Data From Twitter And Facebook
More holistic approach by involving all social networks. Discussion on Celebrities' Klout. Judalina on Astrological style profile from Klout.
Story 3 AOL Sells bebo
Where do social media sites go when they die? Sean wants to look at "The Life Cycle of a Social Network."
Story 4 Plancast Announces Widgets and API
Funding round frenzy where investors were trying to contact anyone close to the founders.
Next in - Social Media: Season 1
- 59:12 This Week in Social Media - Muhammad Saleem, Director of Social Media Strategy at Tribuneby This Week In Startups768 views
- 1:00:37 This Week in Social Media - Gregarious Narain, VP of Product at Kloutby This Week In Startups734 views
- 53:07 This Week in Social Media - Amanda Peyton from MessagePartyby This Week In Startups2,011 views
- 1:09:53 TWiTwi #08 featuring Twitter Toolsby ThisWeekInTwitter761 views
- 1:27:42 This Week in Social Media - Ryan Holmes, CEO of HootSuiteby This Week In Startups2,045 views
- 54:05 TWiTwi #11 with Mike Prasadby ThisWeekInTwitter414 views
- 52:46 This Week in Social Media - Kurt Daradics from City Sourcedby This Week In Startups431 views
- 1:01:34 This Week in Social Media - Erica O'Grady, CXO Peanut Butter Mediaby This Week In Startups1,375 views
- 51:20 This Week in Social Media - Discussing Social Logins and @EarlyBirdby This Week In Startups313 views
- 59:58 This Week in Social Media - Amanda MacNaughton from CultureJamby This Week In Startups1,282 views
- 52:35 This Week in Social Media - Brian Solisby This Week In Startups3,035 views
- 43:33 This Week in Social Media - Alexia Tsotsis of TechCrunchby This Week In Startups2,104 views
- 20:10 MC Hammer: Role of Social Media in Marketingby stanfordbusiness43,859 views
- 1:06:27 This Week in Social Media - Chris Saad, VP of Strategy at Echoby This Week In Startups3,391 views
- 1:02:24 This Week in Social Media - Amanda Coolongby This Week In Startups1,335 views
- 1:00:21 This Week in Social Media - Alex Iskold, Founder & CEO of GetGlueby This Week In Startups526 views
- 49:01 - Social Media - Big Media and the Social Web - TWiSM #03by This Week In Startups3,848 views
- 41:20 This Week In Social Media - Simon Mainwaring on This Week in Social Media--Live Pilotby This Week In Startups2,897 views
- 40:40 This Week in Startups - Woody Sears, CEO & Founder of FrogDog Mediaby This Week In Startups2,614 views