This video is unavailable.
Slow Motion Flipping Cat Physics | Smarter Every Day 58
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 8, 2012
High Speed video. Cats. Physics. Weightlessness. Of all my videos, if you don't share this one, you probably never will. Please consider sharing by clicking here: http://bit.ly/FLIPPIN_CATS GiGi was not hurt during the making of this video. We took great care to make sure she would be safe. Next I'll explain how the physics involved in flipping cats allow us to operate Space Telescopes (Seriously).
So as simple of a question as this is, it turns out to be a MAJOR POINT OF STUDY in Physics, Robotics, Space Satellite Control, Weapons Development, Biomedical Engineering, etc. It's stumped scientists and engineers since Newton's day. Here's something interesting. The cat isn't twisting his back.. he's actually BENDING it. The next video will go into great detail about what's going on there, and explain how it relates to studying the farthest points in the universe (Seriously... the fact that a cat can do this allows us to study the Universe.. no exaggeration).
The high speed camera used was a Phantom Miro M320S. Rent one yourself by clicking here: http://bit.ly/ON8gMg Tell them GiGi the cat sent you
Gordon McGladdery wrote & Recorded the song "Long Time, No See"
Download it with vocals here:
Sarah Xu, a student at the Vancouver Film School made the awesome introduction Drawing. Look at the full non-8-second version here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYlW5O...
See her art here: http://captainpillow.blogspot.ca/
The graphs are scientifically accurate!
Coming soon (because you asked): a poster of the flipping cat intro.
Get Smarter Section:
If you don't believe me that this involves some serious math... click here:
Instead of saving for my kids' college, I make videos using the money I would have saved.
The thought is it will help educate the world as a whole, and one day generate enough revenue to pay for their education. Until then if you appreciate what you've learned in this video and the effort that went in to it, please share the video. If you REALLY liked it, feel free to pitch a few dollars towards their college fund by clicking here:
Standard YouTube License
- 5:08 High Speed Fun and a Fly Responding to a Blast Wave | Smarter Every Day 55by SmarterEveryDayFeatured 810,363
- 5:18 Amazing Honey Coiling High Speed Video! - Smarter Every Day 53by SmarterEveryDay 664,043 views
- 5:38 High Speed Video of Pistols Underwater - Smarter Every Day 19by SmarterEveryDay 3,150,516 views
- 4:32 The insanely scary "Tailless Whip Scorpion" - Smarter Every Day 77by SmarterEveryDay 521,884 views
- 9:29 What's The Most Dangerous Place on Earth?by Vsauce 6,198,341 views
- 4:31 Highest Resolution Machu Picchu Picture Ever Taken- Smarter Every Day 66by SmarterEveryDay 398,164 views
- 3:04 Supercats: Episode 1 — The Funniest Cat Video!by MeowFace3000 42,674,580 views
- 3:39 The Physics of Slingshots, with Jörg - Smarter Every Day 31by SmarterEveryDay 313,500 views
- 2:11 Cats Try to Understand Treadmillby lolyopl 2,856,805 views
- 7:50 Funny Catsby nguoap 53,580,774 views
- 5:40 The Helicopter Speed Limit - Helicopter Physics Series - #7 - Smarter Every Day 51by SmarterEveryDay 432,991 views
- 14:55 Funny cat compilationby oohwzoo 18,819,528 views
- 2:48 BIG CATS like boxes too!by Big Cat Rescue 1,610,063 views
- 5:23 Giant 6ft Water Balloon - The Slow Mo Guysby theslowmoguys 34,544,685 views
- 4:27 How to light multiple matches with a single bullet - Upping Mythbustersby SmarterEveryDay 714,778 views
- 5:59 POOP | ꟼOOꟼ Astronauts left on the Moon! ft. MinutePhysics - Smarter Every Day 73by SmarterEveryDay 493,808 views
- 0:59 Cute Kittens Fly in Slow Motion to Hip Hop Dubstepby scottdw 3,901,474 views
- 6:00 Slow Motion Raptor Strikes - Smarter Every Day 38by SmarterEveryDay 157,304 views
- 2:02 Is it Better to Walk or Run in the Rain?by minutephysics 4,434,042 views
- 6:58 An Engineer's Guide to Catsby klusmanp 6,235,023 views
- Loading more suggestions...