This Month in Real Estate (Canada) January 2012
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Dec 30, 2011
Hello and welcome to This Month in Real Estate. I'm JOHN FURBER.
Our top story: surprising insights into the mind of a buyer. But first, the numbers.
And now, our top story.
According to a national survey of real estate transactions, it takes about twelve weeks for the typical buyer to find their next home.
Since the vast majority of homebuyers start their search online, the weather becomes less of a factor for sellers marketing their house to those buyers.
For more tips on how sellers can make the most of any market, we turn to News You Can Use.
NEWS YOU CAN USE
The traditional home buying season starts in the spring. And for good reason.
Families with kids need to be settled in time for the new school year, and houses just plain show better with a lawn of green grass and leaves on the trees.
Sounds good, right? Well, there are some strong arguments in favor of listing your house right now, instead of waiting until spring. Here are just a few ...
• Since it takes almost three months for the average buyer to find a home, houses listed right now are in a better position to market to buyers looking to close in the spring.
• On average, the number of home sales in January drops almost by half from the previous year's peak. When there are fewer houses competing, a house that is priced right and staged well will stand out even more from the competition.
• Lenders, appraisers, home inspectors, movers and other vendors also see a seasonal dip in transactions. This can mean a quicker and easier closing than the busy spring season
For more reasons a winter sale might be for you, talk to your local real estate agent.
That's all for This Month In Real Estate. Thank you for joining us.
Standard YouTube License
- 6:08 Toronto Real Estate Home Market. January 2013, Canadian Housing.by outlawrecoach 215 views
- 6:08 Toronto, Canada, Real Estate Home Market. January 2012by outlawrecoach's channel 374 views
- 6:08 Toronto, Canada, Real Estate Home Market. June 2012by outlawrecoach 87 views
- 3:26 January 2012 Vancouver Real Estate Board Housing Market Update REBGVby Ray Harris 355 views
- 6:08 Toronto Real Estate Home Market. February 2013, Canadaby outlawrecoach 26 views
- 15 videos Play all Seller Secretsby kellerwilliams
- 6:08 Toronto, Canada, Real Estate Home Market. February 2012by outlawrecoach's channel 101 views
- 1:51 Real Estate Minute - September 2012by RealEstateMedia 208 views
- 2:44 January 2013 Housing Market Update - Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouverby Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver 3,044 views
- 1:16 This Month in Real Estate (Canada) February 2013by kellerwilliams 614 views
- 6:08 Toronto, Canada, Real Estate Home Market. April 2012by outlawrecoach's channel 47 views
- 1:12 This Month in Real Estate (Canada) January 2013by kellerwilliams 722 views
- 1:23 This Month in Real Estate December 2012 (Canada)by David McCrossan 42 views
- 1:17 This Month in Real Estate US January 2013 HDby Jason Martin 45 views
- 1:37 Mississauga Real Estate Market Watch Report January 2013 Steve Moran ReMax Realty Specialistsby Steve Moran 32 views
- 2:45 Canadian Real Estate Association Market Update - January 2012by Neil Chahal 23 views
- 1:45 This Month in Real Estate for Austin: April 2013by Julie Reistrup - Subscribe Now 1,455 views
- 1:16 York Real Estate Minute - January 2012by realestatechannelca's channel 10 views
- 1:25 This Month in Real Estate October 2012 TriangleRegionLiving.comby CaryHome 13 views
- 1:12 This Month in Real Estate September 2012 (Canada)by David McCrossan 3 views
- 1:09 This Month in Real Estate October 2012 (Canada)by David McCrossan 4 views
- Loading more suggestions...