This video is unavailable.
Beat It On Down The Line by the Grateful Dead ~ RockBand DLC 05/18, Expert Drums/Bass 99/99 SR
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 18, 2010
DLC Release 05/18/2010 ~ Grateful Dead Pack 03
Beat It On Down The Line is the 2nd track from The Grateful Dead, the debut album of the Grateful Dead. It was recorded by Warner Bros. Records, and was released in March 1967.
The album was recorded primarily at Studio A in Los Angeles in only four days. The band had wanted to record the album in their hometown of San Francisco, but no good recording studios existed in the area at the time. Demands by Warner Bros. resulted in four of the tracks, originally longer, being cut short. Phil Lesh comments in his autobiography that "to my ear, the only track that sounds at all like we did at the time is Viola Lee Blues. ... None of us had any experience with performing for recording ... although the whole process felt a bit rushed."
The album was seen as "a big deal in San Francisco." Even though this was true, it did not see much air play on AM radio stations outside San Francisco. It would be a couple of months before free-form FM radio stations began to take shape. Warner Bros. threw the band a release party at the Fugazi Hall in North Beach. Joe Smith is noted for saying he is "proud that Warner Bros. is introducing the Grateful Dead to the world."
A remastered version with the full versions of five album tracks, plus six bonus tracks, was released by Rhino in as part of the box set The Golden Road (1965-1973) in 2001, and as a separate album in 2003.
The disc was made of a thick vinyl similar to old 78 rpm records, which was uncommon at the time.
In the original design for the album cover, the cryptic writing at the top read, "In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is driven by the Grateful Dead", with the phrase "Grateful Dead" in large letters. At the band's request, the writing, except for "Grateful Dead", was changed by artist Stanley Mouse to be unreadable. According to fan legend, the saying is from Egyptian Book of the Dead.
The band used the collected pseudonymn McGannahan Skjellyfetti for their group-written originals and arrangements. The name derived from a corruption of a character name in the Kenneth Patchen work The Memoirs of a Shy Pornographer.''
Genre: Classic Rock
Pretty challenging, lots of notes and interesting patterns. Overall very enjoyable to play.
Awesome. Can't say much about the tiering, I personally didn't find any of these difficult (and much easier than the first pack) but they were all fun to play and definitely no boring bass songs here. Definitely a must have. This third pack lives up to the earlier releases in every aspect in my opinion. Beat It On Down The Line probably my favorite one of the pack as far as playability but they were all great.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:41 Rock Band 3 - No One Knows (Expert Pro Drums 99% Gold Stars)by SoundDefenseRBFeatured 26,831
- 2:59 1971 The Flying Burrito Brothers "Six Days on the Road"by WookieCookie 683,452 views
- 44:25 Grateful Dead - Blues for Allah (Full Album)by th0sim 9,136 views
- 2:50 Beat It On Down The Line by the Grateful Dead ~ RockBand DLC 05/18, Expert Guitar/Vocals 99/100 SRby OverRatedRUs 508 views
- 42:43 The Grateful Dead - American Beauty (1970) Full Albumby AnthonyVardaro3 215,642 views
- 5:14 Grateful Dead - Box Of Rain 1990 [HD]by thepitts3463 15,886 views
- 6:22 Grateful Dead - Cold Rain And Snowby bigbeahner 34,068 views
- 2:35 Grateful Dead - Beat on down the line 1972by fritz5173 83,164 views
- 5:08 Grateful Dead - I Know You Rider 1972 [HD]by thepitts3463 22,854 views
- 3:29 The Great Escape - Boys Like Girls - Rock Band 2 - Expert Guitar/Bass/Drumsby Dogmatic2120 12,483 views
- 6:46 Grateful Dead - Cold Rain and Snow 1991 [HD]by thepitts3463 21,730 views
- 4:41 Grateful Dead - Loose Lucy 5-17-1974 Vancouver BC - AUDIOby LSDISGOOD4U 34,209 views
- 7:46 Throwing Stones by the Grateful Dead ~ RockBand DLC 05/18, Expert Drums/Bass 100% SR FCby OverRatedRUs 2,681 views
- 2:30 Beat It on Down the Line - Grateful Deadby groovyhippyman 1,065 views
- 9:47 Grateful Dead• Good Morning Little Schoolgirl 06-25-92by gratefulvideo 49,932 views
- 9:50 Grateful Dead - Birdsongby friscobay01 1,085,423 views
- 10:16 Grateful Dead - 09 Viola Lee Bluesby Alex Lucier 32,849 views
- 9:13 Grateful Dead - Cream Puff War 1967by gratefulvideo 77,752 views
- 3:17 Feel Good Drag - Anberlin - Rock Band 2 - Expert Guitar & Drumsby Dogmatic2120 13,564 views
- 2:49 "I Know You Rider" by Grateful Dead, cover by Anaya Jolieby Jeremy Roschyk 25,204 views
- Loading more suggestions...