USC CREATE: Daveed Gartenstein-Ross on "Bin Laden's Legacy"
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 12, 2011
USC CREATE: The USC National Center for Risk and Economic Analysis of Terrorism Events (CREATE) presents Daveed Gartenstein-Ross and his lecture "Bin Laden's Legacy." The presentation, part of USC CREATE's Distinguished Speaker Series, was held at the University of Southern California on August 4, 2011.
CREATE brought Gartenstein-Ross to USC to address its stakeholders on the topic of Bin Laden's legacy. Alhough Osama bin Laden's death was a significant blow for al Qaeda, it did not end the fight against jihadi terrorism. Indeed, his strategic ideas for beating the United States have permeated his organization, and for years to come America will be grappling with the strategy he forged. There have been two critical prongs to this strategy: undermining the U.S. economy, and making the battlefield on which the United States has to fight al Qaeda as broad as possible. Gartenstein-Ross's presentation examines the evolution of both of these strategic strands. It demonstrates that the United States never had a strong understanding of al Qaeda's strategy and, as a result, has developed systems of both offense and defense that have been ill suited to defeating this adversary. Indeed, at critical junctures, the United States' own actions have helped significantly advance al Qaeda's objectives.
The "International Herald Tribune" has described Daveed Gartenstein-Ross as "a rising star in the counterterrorism community." He frequently leads training programs for the U.S. military and domestic law enforcement, and has designed educational curricula on terrorism for the U.S. Department of State. His writing has appeared in "The New York Times," "Foreign Policy," "The Atlantic," "Reader's Digest," and "The Review of Faith and International Affairs," among other publications.
Learn more about the University of Southern California: http://www.usc.edu
Learn more about USC CREATE: http://create.usc.edu/
Standard YouTube License
- 3:14 Debate: Does Evolution Explain Human Nature?by Brian EarpFeatured 571
- 16:25 2008 USC Body Computing Slam: Presentation 1by USC 212 views
- 7:22 CREATE: USC Center for Risk and Economic Analysis of Terrorism Eventsby USC 1,941 views
- 4:57 Welcome to USCby USC 70,339 views
- 16:31 USC Jimmy Iovine and Andre Young Academy for Arts, Technology and Business Innovation Announcementby USC 203 views
- 1:20:19 Bin Laden's Troubled Legacyby NewAmericaFoundation 337 views
- 33:31 Making the Case with David Gartenstein Ross with host, Yemi S. Akande, Ph.D.by yemiakande 23 views
- 5:59 Ezra Levant & Daveed Gartenstein Ross: Osama Bin Laden's Legacyby blazingcatfur 207 views
- 0:31 POV Take02 FBby PressOnVeneers 68,861 views
- 4:48 Ron Paul Says Bin Laden In Pakistan In 2003by FatLibertarianInOkc 802 views
- 2:58 Stephen Covey: Five Emotional Cancersby BetterLifeCoaches 151,774 views
- 10:53 Historian Andrew Roberts debates U.S. Foreign Policy (1/2)by Andrew Roberts 1,328 views
- 3:47 Master Drummer Daveed Korup and Carmine Guida duel, Pennsic War 40by Hawise1 582 views
- 3:01 Stephen Covey Video on Choosing Successby SuccessTelevision 622,793 views
- 2:44 Osama Bin Laden Killed Announcement On Sunday Night Baseballby tytsports 30,071 views
- 1:12 Gartenstein-Ross on Bin Laden's whereabouts, Dec. 2010by pj689 45 views
- 10:34 Daveed Gartenstein-Ross on The Heatby Foundation for Defense of Democracies 60 views
- 12:58 Terrorism and the Global Neo-Jihadi Movement - ISN Podcasts 3 June 2011by ISN Zurich 44 views
- 3:02 ITS-TEL Touch Classroom Touch Panelby USC 210 views
- 7:22 Natursteine für Haus, Hof und Garten - Natur und Steine 4 - 4 Schleusingenby Horst Tochtenhagen 41,993 views
- Loading more suggestions...