PC Outtakes with Brittani Louise Taylor - Retarded Policeman #35
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 25, 2012
Finally, some PC outtakes!
SEE THE EPISODE! http://youtu.be/rV8cvRfF0DU
*** CLICK "SHOW MORE" ***
Before you leave mean comments, just know that our friend Ponce (the Cop) is an awesome and talented young dude who loves performing and making light of his Down syndrome. He's a smart and funny guy, and has complete awareness of his actions and decisions. And we all had a great time shooting "Retarded Policeman!"
DOES PONCE GET PAID FOR THIS!?
YES!!! He's not only our friend, but also this is a real acting job for him. The more people who subscribe and watch, the more money he makes. (More subscribers = more views = more money for Ponce.)
THANKS FOR SUBSCRIBING!
Retarded Policeman: The Series
series created by GREG BENSON & KIM EVEY
based on an idea by KIM EVEY
written by GREG BENSON
directed by GREG BENSON
edited by JAMES DEULING
starring JOSH "THE PONCEMAN" PERRY
guest starring BRITTANI LOUISE TAYLOR
producers: GREG BENSON & KIM EVEY
line producer: LINDSEY KOENS
associate producer: SCOTT ALLEN PERRY
theme song by GREG BENSON
camera: GREG BENSON
boom operator: LINDSEY KOENS
special thanks: CONNIE PERRY
Hey did you know Brittani has a YouTube channel too!?
More Videos! http://www.mediocrefilms.com
Follow the Funny! http://twitter.com/mediocrefilms
In Your Face! http://facebook.com/mediocrefilms
ADD THE NEW RETARDED GOOGLE+ ACCOUNT!
SEE ALL EPISODES:
Our Favorite Episodes:
Bitches - episode #22
Panty Inspector - episode #27
Child Driver - episode #32
Please also check our other new videos!
Girls & Cosplayers of WonderCon 2012
SIGNS -- Prank BUSTED by COPS!!!
Cell Phone Crashing
Excerpted from a Tubefilter article by Sarah Ricard:
I don't know how to say this, so I'll just put it out there in the most straightforward way possible: There is a show called Retarded Policeman. And it's funny.
Written and directed by husband-and-wife team Kim Evey and Greg Benson of Mediocre Films (one of the most subscribed to content producers on YouTube), the basic premise of the series is pretty much laid out in the show's theme song: "He is a cop and he's learning-impaired. He's the retarded policeman."
But, believe me, it's so much more. Well, sort of.
Retarded Policeman, which is, incidentally, also the name of the main character in the show played by Josh "The Ponceman" Perry, is a scripted series about a delightful, adorable, completely corrupt, coked-up and cuddly LAPD officer with Down syndrome.
At this point, you should be either totally intrigued, incredibly disgusted, or both. Still, some of the funniest jokes ever told are offensive. And while there are those who maintain that the abhorrent, no matter how hilarious, always has a tinge of hatred, the trend in recent mainstream comedy (most notably with Farrelly Brothers movies, Curb Your Enthusiasm and Family Guy) is to test that theory.
Truth be told, Perry does seem to be having a good time with his character -- there is no question that he's talented and gets into the role. And it makes for more comfortable viewing when you come to terms with the fact that his character always has the upper hand in any given situation.
The really interesting thing about this series, however, is how we (and YouTube commentors) react to it.
Isn't it wrong to portray the mentally disabled as drugged-up, racist and horny simpletons with a fondness for peeing in refrigerators? Isn't it incredibly insensitive to allow Josh Perry to seemingly betray himself and others with his syndrome by playing a completely id-driven and absurd character, whose sole purpose is to amuse and shock us? Isn't it unfair to give mean people just another reason to snicker at the mentally-challenged? Isn't it uncouth to say 'retarded' in this day and age? In other words, isn't it horrible to laugh at Retarded Policeman?
The humor in Retarded Policeman, and other popular comedies that challenge societal norms and political correctness, has a clever way of turning the focus of the viewer inward. A powerful device, if you get it.
Of course, there will also be people who will laugh just because of the way the Retarded Policeman says, 'Byeeeeeeee,' when a car drives off.
Either way, though, it works.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:08 Redneck Translator Douchebaggeryby More Crappy Videos!Featured 105,711
- 7:25 HAPPINESSby mediocrefilms2 12,701 views
- 4:08 Fart Outtakes with Toby Turner - Retarded Policeman #34by More Crappy Videos! 51,228 views
- 8:04 Stupid Friends Are Stupidby mediocrefilms2 12,429 views
- 2:08 FART with Toby Turner - Retarded Policeman #34by MediocreFilms 372,268 views
- 3:21 Christopher Hitchens Destroys Biblical miracle claimsby thedailyzack 842,529 views
- Mental retardation 28,452 videos28
- 3:12 Police Fail ! Worker vs. Copby PoliceFail 8,334 views
- 2:09 Child Driver - Retarded Policeman #32by MediocreFilms 1,022,013 views
- 56 videos Play all Retarded policeman x3by SGTKelly1
- 5:45 Stopped for Open Carry in Eugene Oregonby TheHossUSMC 775,197 views
- 2:00 Gun Fight (with Shay Carl) - Retarded Policeman #29by MediocreFilms 599,002 views
- 7:22 Funniest Commercialsby alejo9496 5,511,111 views
- 2:03 Bitches (with Katers17) - Retarded Policeman #22by Weekly Pranks & Sketches! ツ 878,330 views
- 5:27 Toy Story 2 Outtakesby katrinaisabel's channel 379,720 views
- 4:13 Annoying Orange - Tough Enough (ft. Toby Turner)by Annoying Orange 7,995,002 views
- 2:11 Pepper Spray - Retarded Policeman #23by Weekly Pranks & Sketches! ツ 662,990 views
- 4:57 Funnin' Around with Tom Mabe!by mediocrefilms2 9,633 views
- 2:21 Blonde in a Convertible - Retarded Policeman #33by Weekly Pranks & Sketches! ツ 328,054 views
- 4:07 How to be a Retardby JeRM Rellum 22,478 views
- 1:50 Politically Correct Episode (with Brittani Louise Taylor) - Retarded Policeman #35by MediocreFilms 166,359 views
- 3:26 Retarded Policeman #21: Lt. Ballsackby MediocreFilms 4,558,690 views
- Loading more suggestions...