Afro-American Cuisine in Turkey
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 10, 2011
American food writer Rachel Finn came to Turkey and spent two weeks traveling across the country teaching people about Afro-American cuisine and culture in the U.S.
In Istanbul, Ms. Finn gave a talk on "the Art of African- American Cooking or/ Louisiana Foodway" to students of the Istanbul Culinary Institute and was interviewed on the live TV program "Morning Coffee" (STV) hosted by Jale Binay on March 2. She spoke about the art of African-American cooking and gave a short cooking presentation together with Serkan Bozkurt. She also taped a cooking program for Show TV's "Taste of Life", which will be shown at a later date.
Ms. Finn gave a cooking presentation to local women groups at Kartal Municipality Cultural Center and a lecture at Yeditepe University, Culinary Arts and Management Department on "Afro-American Food Patterns-Soul Food". She also gave a lecture on "The Art of African American Cooking" to Etiler Tourism and Hotel Management Vocational High School Students.
Rachel Finn is a writer and editor whose work has been published in Gastronomica, the Seattle Weekly, the Chicago Sun-Times, Red Eye/Metromix.com (affliated with the Chicago Tribune), and The Root (www.theroot.com). One of her essays appears in the food anthology The Eater Reader and three articles on the food of Sierra Leone, Guinea, and Liberia will appear in the upcoming Encyclopedia of Food and Culture published by Greenwood Press/ABC-CLIO. She is also the founder and director of the nonprofit organization Roots Cuisine, which is dedicated to promoting the foodways of people of African descent around the world. Roots Cuisine can be found online at http://rootscuisine.org.
Standard YouTube License
- 6:18 How to Make Nigerian Pancakeby All Nigerian Recipes Featured 88,069
- 57:06 Black America Is In DEEP Trouble !..Dr. Claude Andersonby RealitysTemple Mirror Videos188,022 views
- 44:00 The Secret History of Ancient Black America as Proven by European Archaeologistby Dr2tan58,652 views
- 15:10 The Negro Is Not Africanby LiamBenIsrael450,759 views
- 7:11 (1)African American Urban Food Crisis - Farmer Seriesby watchNpraydotNet1,388 views
- 9:50 "Gullah Grub- Authentic Low Country Cooking, Part Two- Grandma's Pan Fried Chickenby outsidetheboxtv9,545 views
- 3:27 An Americans First Haircut in Turkeyby Olive Tomas499 views
- 47:42 Frustrated: Black American Men in Brazil (POWERFUL DOCUMENTARY)by BlackMansKryptonite451,279 views
- 13:13 Susan's Kitchenby KenyanKitchen23,095 views
- 1:04:49 Le chef - Cuisine et découverte du Marocby amineuf48,671 views
- 11:33 African Cooking - The Secret African Kitchen - Swahili Pasteby SecretAfricanKitchen1,255 views
- 12:57 Black cookery - cooking demonstrations in Henry Ford Museumby TheHenryFord408 views
- 5:33 African American Farmers - America's Heartlandby americasheartland2,195 views
- 1:26:08 Rachel Finn, STV'de Jale Binay ile "Sabah Kahvesi" Programındaby USConsulateIstanbul211 views
- 11:16 Unmarried Single Black Women are RESPONSIBLE for the DESTRUCTION of BLACK AMERICA.by Walter Lee Hampton II255,433 views
- 9:53 Collard Greens with Smoked Turkey Wings and Cornbread (Cooking with Carolyn)by CookingWithCarolyn93,435 views
- 8:16 Cooking With The Twins: Cheese Steak Quesadilla'sby TwinGodesses7,232 views
- 13:56 Old Bridge H.S. African American Food Festival CL9 2011by Eugene Cimis473 views
- 2:06 The Best Roast Turkey Recipeby manskils12,254 views
- 44:42 The President Talks with Students in Turkeyby The White House41,336 views
- Loading more suggestions...