This video is unavailable.
Farage: Break up the euro and restore human dignity
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 22, 2012
Donate to UKIP: http://www.ukip.org/donations | http://www.ukipmeps.org | http://twitter.com/#!/Nigel_Farage
• European Parliament, Strasbourg, 22 May 2012
• Speaker: Nigel Farage MEP, Leader of the UK Independence Party (UKIP), Co-President of the 'Europe of Freedom and Democracy' (EFD) Group in the European Parliament - http://nigelfaragemep.co.uk
• Bluecard question: Georgios PAPANIKOLAOU MEP (Greece), Group of the European People's Party (Christian Democrats) (EPP group)
• Debate: Preparation of the informal European summit - Investment, growth and jobs - Council and Commission statements [2012/2645(RSP)]: http://www.europarl.europa.eu/oeil/po...
President, we're in the midst of an economic and increasingly humanitarian crisis and yet Commission president Barroso is not here. Indeed, Herman van Rompuy is not here either. Not that it relly matters, because they're not prepared to listen to any debate or any argument. They're intent on pursuing their political dream of a United States of Europe. They're prepared to commit
economic suicide for an entire continent.
And tomorrow night Mr van Rompuy has called yet another summit at which he's going to present a strategy for growth and jobs. Elected MEPs, representatives of the people of Europe from left and right - we've heard it all before - remember the euro itself was supposed to create growth and jobs and yet it is actively destroying both of those things.
The remedy we're being offered is more of the same. I would suggest that the medicine is killing the patient, and to increase the dosage is madness.
And don't listen to those who will tell you that the only alternative is for Greece to stay in the euro. Everyone's pushing this. David Cameron, all the other leaders are saying, we must keep Greece in the euro, if she leaves the sky will fall in.
It won't! There'll be a few difficult weeks and then things will settle down. There'll be a boom in tourism, investment will start to come back into Greece, innovation will start to come back into Greece as people start making products to beat expensive imports.
Indeed Greece outside of the eurozone may well provide to be an inspiration for Spain, for Portugal and many other countries. We need to recognise that a terrible mistake has been made. We must resolve to put it right. We've got to give people hope because out there now is absolute despair.
We all remember Dimitris Christoulas, the 77-year-old former pharmacist who shot himself dead outside the Greek parliament. But he is just one of a growing humanitarian disaster. Huge increases in suicides in Italy, in Greece, particularly from people running small businesses who cannot see a way out of the problem. Children being left in increasing numbers outside the doors of churches because they can't afford to feed them.
Our leaders are too callous to listen and care. YOU can do something about this. YOU can rise up and say - and I know in my conversations with you that many of you agree with me, that I'm right - we've got to break up the euro; we've got to restore democracy; we've got to restore human dignity; we must ignore Messers Barroso and Van Rompuy, they have been proved to be wrong. WE must provide people with hope.
• Video: EbS (European Parliament)
• EU Member States:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Estonia, Spain, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, United Kingdom
Standard YouTube License
- 3:44 FARAGE IS PURE GOLD !by wishfixFeatured 192,059
- 6:35 Nigel Farage: "Listen! The Whole Thing's a Giant Ponzi Scheme!"by TheLeakSource 153,514 views
- 5:15 Nigel Farage destroys the EU president (swe/fin/eng subs)by Jee Jii 212,544 views
- 4:43 UKIP Nigel Farage on Baroness Warsi insult - BBC local elections results (04May12).flvby ukipmedia 30,783 views
- 9:09 Nigel Farage and others on Greek / Eurozone crisis (16Jun12)by liarpoliticians 10,648 views
- 1:26 When does tax ever get harmonised down?by DanHannanMEP 7,633 views
- 86 videos Play all Nigel Farage in Plenaryby europarl
- 27:53 Nigel Farage on the "EU Titanic" and the "Rebirth of National Socialism in Europe"by CapitalAccount 69,605 views
- 3:27 Who is Herman van Rompuy?by ukipwebmaster . 325,855 views
- 59:39 George Galloway and Nigel Farage on Question Time - 14th June 2013by GeorgeGallowayForPM 2,494 views
- 13:18 UKIP Nigel Farage VS LIBLABCON on BBC Paxman 2012by ukipmedia 52,264 views
- 42:26 Nigel Farage confronts Herman Van Rompuy, José Manuel Barroso & Martin Schulzby XIxItalianoxIX 31,672 views
- 15:45 Best Nigel Farage speechesby UKIP Official Channel 129,539 views
- 12:45 MELTDOWN UPDATE: The JP Morgan Derivatives Book is Blowing Up - Bix Weirby SGTbull07 41,837 views
- 6:10 UKIP Nigel Farage on ABC Australia - May 2012by ukipmedia 26,037 views
- 7:25 UKIP Nigel Farage & Red Ken Livingstone on collapsing Eurozone Sky News 10 Jun 2012by ukipmedia 64,713 views
- 3:40 Nigel Farage..i want you all fired. what the EU should be 06/07/11by jayofmeth 150,534 views
- 15:19 UKIP Nigel Farage - BBC Question Time April 2012by ukipmedia 40,695 views
- 15:05 UKIP Nigel Farage - Say no to German Fiscal Union in Ireland - May 2012by ukipmedia 10,551 views
- 10:34 UKIP Nigel Farage - Speaking in Greece March 2012by ukipmedia 33,699 views
- UKIP Media 724 videos13K
- 5:33 How Europe is assuring its own doom. Nigel Farage and Peter Schiff break it down.by SchiffReport 50,802 views
- Loading more suggestions...